Show Your Tacos Bloke Dedication Thread !

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Woodpuppy

Re: Show Your Tacos Bloke Dedication Thread !

Post by Woodpuppy »

8045A639-84BF-4A6E-8070-9AA697C9864D.jpeg
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:05 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:37 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:12 am
ImageI did overlay on lettering and have Gear America Aluminum hitch insert with same Rhino shackle as on the front mount . I now have a locking pin installed so hitch won’t walk away . Dan
Nice Dan!
I did the same thing on my Silverado - I used Putnam Stainlesa Steel letters. Did it on the front end too.
Those Tacomas are fantastic pickups.
This is the grill/front lettering. The rear is the same.
Now, if my truck was the same color as yours I would've went the same color letters you used. Your looks awesome man.
I will now depart with my non Toyota from the thread 😃
No worries buddy ever with me . Trucks are in my blood . First vehicle I drove was a Chevy dump truck and a D4 Cat .
Ha! I hear ya on that D4 Cat, my friend!
And, the Dump truck! Except the one I drove was a big Red Ford .....that was many years ago! & I was seriously young, lol.....as a matter of fact, daddy would take.me to car sales and I would he would follow.me home in whatever he bought. I was 13.....and it was a 65 miles trip lol.....those were the days man! 😃
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

MacLaren wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
ImageI did overlay on lettering and have Gear America Aluminum hitch insert with same Rhino shackle as on the front mount . I now have a locking pin installed so hitch won’t walk away . Dan
Nice Dan!
I did the same thing on my Silverado - I used Putnam Stainlesa Steel letters. Did it on the front end too.
Now, if my truck was the same color as yours I would've went the same color letters you used. Your looks awesome man.
I just helped my in-laws move this weekend. He has a new 1500 Diesel. It is so nice! No joke on the towing package. Separate hitch camera and automatic parking brake when in reverse hitch mode. Doesn't stutter up the North Georgia Hills. I on the other hand needed a running start in the Taco with my trailer.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JSumm wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:06 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Nice Dan!
I just helped my in-laws move this weekend. He has a new 1500 Diesel. It is so nice! No joke on the towing package. Separate hitch camera and automatic parking brake when in reverse hitch mode. Doesn't stutter up the North Georgia Hills. I on the other hand needed a running start in the Taco with my trailer.
Oh, I know what ya mean! These new trucks with the trailering packages are awesome! Cameras everywhere. Extremely nice.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:51 pm
I'll take 10 please.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:51 pm
Oh my a food shot from Heaven ! Looks yummy Chef Woodpuppy ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Here’s the recipe I use.

https://damndelicious.net/2019/04/18/me ... eet-tacos/

Also a chorizo street taco recipe I love, but it’s too spicy for the kiddos:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25786 ... eet-tacos/
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

My buddy at work has a pretty nice Tundra, but he's actually considering selling it because of gas prices and his 45 minute drive each way to and from work...as well as his 11mpg!

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:18 am
My buddy at work has a pretty nice Tundra, but he's actually considering selling it because of gas prices and his 45 minute drive each way to and from work...as well as his 11mpg!

Oh man that is awesome! I sold my first Tacoma for a Mazda 3 commuter after Hurricane Katrina when gas prices sky rocketed. I regret that. Maybe he could find a beater Carolla, Civic, Mazda 3. Those things can pack on the miles, so even if you get a high mileage one it can go for awhile.

Save him Rick! Don't let him do this....
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I hate to see him dump the Tundra after all the hard work put in it . I really like the color . Truck looks awesome. Dan
Last edited by Manixguy@1994 on Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Yeah, get a scooter to take the commute and keep the bug out machine. Just put stabil in the tank when you park it
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I need to start a thread titled “Show yer cruddy old Ford trucks!” We can show pictures of all the interior parts falling off and the rebuilt transmissions. :rofl
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:23 pm
I need to start a thread titled “Show yer cruddy old Ford trucks!” We can show pictures of all the interior parts falling off and the rebuilt transmissions. :rofl
I’m not trying to disparage any vehicle owners but growing up in my home town there was definite brand rivalries. FORD stood for: Fix Or Repair Daily and for GMC products was : Got Mechanic Coming . A guy came down from Chicago area with a 67 Mustang blueprint big block money car and soundly spanked all comers . On last race towards town his brakes failed from overheating and was going to fast to negotiate the long S curve sweeper going into town . We thought he was dead found the Mustang upside down totaled with the driver sitting on it with a cooler of beer . Money he won paid to haul car back home . Crazy times growing up . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Mine has 220,000 hard miles on it, mostly from the previous commercial owner. Lots of trailer towing in town. It’s given all it needs to, but some failures are annoying in that they could have been easily avoided by just a little engineering. Too much design by committee at the US big 3.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:22 pm
JRinFL wrote:
I’m not trying to disparage any vehicle owners but growing up in my home town there was definite brand rivalries. FORD stood for: Fix Or Repair Daily and for GMC products was : Got Mechanic Coming . A guy came down from Chicago area with a 67 Mustang blueprint big block money car and soundly spanked all comers . On last race towards town his brakes failed from overheating and was going to fast to negotiate the long S curve sweeper going into town . We thought he was dead found the Mustang upside down totaled with the driver sitting on it with a cooler of beer . Money he won paid to haul car back home . Crazy times growing up . Dan
My parents, way back in their early dating days before I was even a thought, they would street race my dad's Plum Crazy Purple 69' Plymouth GTX with a 440 and some kind of button that raised an air grabber hood. It was my mom's job to hit the button she says hahaha. My parents are wonderful people that have been together for 49 years this year, that's a story that always sticks. It's so out of character for the people I know them as haha!

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

For the car scene, as great as technology is and the vehicles out there today...I'd take a well kept muscle car from the 60's over MANY of them!

-Rick
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:03 pm
For the car scene, as great as technology is and the vehicles out there today...I'd take a well kept muscle car from the 60's over MANY of them!
Amen.

I draw the line when they start communicating with the mother ship and thinking for you.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:00 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:22 pm
JRinFL wrote:
My parents, way back in their early dating days before I was even a thought, they would street race my dad's Plum Crazy Purple 69' Plymouth GTX with a 440 and some kind of button that raised an air grabber hood. It was my mom's job to hit the button she says hahaha. My parents are wonderful people that have been together for 49 years this year, that's a story that always sticks. It's so out of character for the people I know them as haha!
Yes I remember that set up . Chevelles and Trans Ams were vacuum operated but I am pretty sure the MOPAR system was electric on demand .
Henry David Thoreau
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

‘73 ‘Cruiser
Attachments
EB13AA3C-52F8-465F-9AE4-55CDA198E4D7.jpeg
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

You don't see many of those around. Very cool!
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005