Yard Work - Nice Day

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Yard Work - Nice Day

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Perfect spot , basically all about improvement to home . No worries . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImageGot the fountain going today . CEO and birds are happy ! ;)
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageDid more clearing today where we’re get rid of plant clippings . Asian Honeysuckle and wild Grape vines were taking over . Cut and dragged up to burn up in fire pit .
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI am still working on White rock path , very close finishing project .
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI took a break today to go back to the Arbor project since Son-in-law was available and it is 8 foot tall . Realized we were out of square after setting posts in concrete but was still able to make the top even playing with the flex of the 4x4 poles . Need to stain and cut boards to fit to be able to screw in lattice to the sides . I will be glad when this is completed since I’m a novice carpenter everything takes more thinking than doing ! 😂 Dan
Henry David Thoreau
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Just got caught up on this thread since July last year. You've done a lot work, Mg. Looks great!
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Looks great Dan!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImagetodays project was to sod beside new concrete . Unfortunately I didn’t quite have enough to complete beside garage . I need about 4 rolls to finish , so finished staining boards to be ready to work on sides of Arbor .
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageFinally completed Arbor but still have to Flagstone, mulch , and screw hangers.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Awesome work Dan!!! Now take the weekend off cause I’m tired and I didn’t even help 😅
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 5:45 pm
Awesome work Dan!!! Now take the weekend off cause I’m tired and I didn’t even help 😅
I wish I could and go mushroom hunting . Next few days after tomorrow will be rain so need to mow and finish up garage and plant my peppers . Hopefully and buddy and I can get out with this rain and warmer weather .
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Oh completely understand beating the weather…yeah I have to finish staining the deck and plant the hummingbird plants I got today along with some impatiens…we used to have a farm in Western Kentucky (Tolu was the little town) and a local we met said he’d plant our food plots and keep the grass cut around the cabin if we let him turkey hunt and go “shroomin”… we said you gotta deal pickle as long as you call us in some birds (he was an incredible caller) and show us about mushrooms…anyway only ones I remember were lion’s main and oyster but there were others I don’t recall…it was fun but you have to know what to look for…what do y’all find? 🍄
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImageChuckie was down in back today and helped Carole all dat . We started outside around 9:00 , and finished around 5:00 . Planted a bunch of flowers and got all my peppers planted . We even planted a bunch of wild flower seed packs below and Sunflowers . Rabbits will be feasting 😃 . Cleaned out pond by garage have two Bullfrogs out of three still in pond . I should have pumps and filter set up this week . More rain coming in tonight and got 2.6 inches last night so didn’t have to water sod project .Yay !
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageWind Thunderstorm last night results . We have garbage can by side entrance to garage that is weighted down . Wind picked it up onto patio and blew cans everywhere. Cleaned the mess up and CEO and I spent three hours today picking up limbs and sticks . Fun way to start day . Some homes had severe tree damage, we were lucky .
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageFrogs and CEO are happy . Still had time to clean deck on Ferris .
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Put some finishing touches on Arbor today . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Power washed concrete then finally got planters moved in place . CEO is pleased on a special day . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Forgot about this one till this morning when I was looking for a box of screws…roofed third floor of the henhouse…next up is a run, but that all depends on when Dan comes down to help 🤣
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Buddy moved lines for me today to finish power washing concrete to garage . Still had some time to repaint a patio set . Salty looks like you are on a roll ! Hiding place for Chickens when shagging in backyard ! 😂 Dan Image
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image CEO pruned the Quince bushes and I did cleanup . Stihl hedge trimmer only a year old started to run bad so had to use our backup. Took to dealer with blades to sharpen on Ferris .
Henry David Thoreau