Questions for Gayle Bradley owners

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Soanso McMasters

Questions for Gayle Bradley owners

Post by Soanso McMasters »

Can anyone give me a measurement for the area shown in the photo? My state has a four inch limit and I would like a measurement for the absolute longest possible spot on the blade.
A0062D66-74ED-46D9-87A6-A35B36884B5A.jpeg
Also, how was your centering and action? Is it easy to open given the partially covered Spyder hole? All input welcome.
mikey177

Re: Questions for Gayle Bradley owners

Post by mikey177 »

It's a hair under 4 inches by my measurement.

Mine is centered with a smooth action. The detent is relatively weak, and I can partially open the knife open with a good shake. I have no issue using the Spydie hole to open the knife with my thumb.
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

Spyderco says 3.6 inches which should be pretty close.
jlw

Post by jlw »

mikey177 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:11 am
It's a hair under 4 inches by my measurement.

Mine is centered with a smooth action. The detent is relatively weak, and I can partially open the knife open with a good shake. I have no issue using the Spydie hole to open the knife with my thumb.
My measurement of the length the OP is describing is also just under 4".

My centering and action are great and it is easy for me to open. I would say my hands are medium-sized (definitely not big).

—James
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

I measured mine from the very tip to the top of the pivot screw at 3.875” or 9.84mm. My GB2 is my pride and joy and is the best-finished Spyderco I own. Action is smooth and opening is easy using the Spyderhole. Closing is not as easy as say a Military because the liner lock tab is partly blocked by the handle. This feature is how the designer wanted it to be though to prevent accidental unlocking of the blade during hard use. Love my GB 2.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N