Serrated Sprint Runs Wanted? Let's Get Serious

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Serrated Sprint Runs Wanted? Let's Get Serious

Post by JD Spydo »

Well there is a really interesting thread going about the old, discontinued SUPERHAWK model. I've said for many years that if they had made that great model available in both SE & PE from the get-go it might still be in the main line up. But that's just one of my picks for a Full Spyderedged SPRINT RUN.

There have been so many great models over the years that for whatever reason some of them were never offered up in full SE. Well this thread will give you all a chance to speak up as to which model you would like to see a fully serrated Sprint Run.

The 3 I would like to see the most in full SE are as follows:
(1) The SUPERHAWK
(2) The C-111 CAPTAIN model
(3) and the Breeden RESCUE model.
Honorable mention >> The SE version of the Dodo and a full SE ULIZE
I'm sure you all have some really good picks you would like to put up. With more people like David ( EVIL D) going strictly serrated in their everyday use it's time we take a serious look at which models should have had teeth. Or maybe there is an older model that was at one time available in full SE but are now discontinued. The full SE JD Smith model has been one of my favorites for years. OK folks put up your picks you would like to see in full SPYDEREDGE!!
Razor G43

Re: Serrated Sprint Runs Wanted? Let's Get Serious

Post by Razor G43 »

Military and Superhawk. Delica, Endela and Endura with S/E in K390.
Last edited by Razor G43 on Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Another SE Military is long overdue in my opinion, one with all the (semi-)recent CQI changes. I also had a dream the other night about a SE Kapara, so I guess my subconscious wants one of those. Top choice is a Millie though.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

All in H1 SE Salt form...

1. Dodo-fly
2. Dodo-bug
3. Cricket-fly
4. Cricket-bug
5. Cricket LW 2 (updated FRN handle with bi-directional texture on both sides and a wire clip)
6. Spyderhawk 2 (new Pac Salt 2 handles)
7. Endela-hawk
8. Dodo 2 LW (new FRN LW handle)
9. Lil' Matriarch
10. Catcherman 2 (updated handle with Ti clip)
11. Worker 2 LW (new FRN LW handle)
12. "Beach Police" (linerless Police handle and bring back the Boye dent)
13. Stretch XL
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Serrated Spydiechef is a dream but that's not an in house design so I doubt that's possible. I'm also probably the only one who wants it.

I agree with the above about the serrated Military. Please release those. And make them plain black G10 so there's less interest and I can actually get one before they sell out.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm immediately more interested in anything if it comes in SE. So, all of these are right answers to me. The Ulize will stay at the top of my list until I get one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I wonder if a Sprint in a popular model like the Shaman, PM2 or Para3 done in something like K390 (maybe even DLC) and black canvas Micarta, but only available in SpyderEdge, would create some more serrated fans?
:thinking
•• Beau
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:33 pm
Another SE Military is long overdue in my opinion, one with all the (semi-)recent CQI changes. I also had a dream the other night about a SE Kapara, so I guess my subconscious wants one of those. Top choice is a Millie though.
I do appreciate you guys bringing up the discontinued, fully serrated version of the C-36 Military model. Because I never fully understood why they deleted it from the main line up in the first place. The one 440V bladed, full SE Military model that I traded to a friend turned out to be one of my deepest regrets and a trade I wish I hadn't done.

Because like many other models I traded over the years it's been one of about 4 models I've never been able to replace for whatever reason. Yeah you guys are right>> a full Spyderedged version of the C-36 Military is long overdue.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:32 am
I'm immediately more interested in anything if it comes in SE. So, all of these are right answers to me. The Ulize will stay at the top of my list until I get one.
OH I'm not forgetting the ULIZE David because I want one of those as bad as you do. The four models I listed in my opening post that I desire in full SE are not in any order. I want all of them just as much as the others. Any of those models in full SE would be a victory for me.

But I am glad you keep bringing up The ULIZE because for the life of me I've never understood why they haven't ever done even one of their "recurve" designs in full SE. I just know in my gut that a recurve design with TEETH would be super aggressive.
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

I would be very happy to see another run of serrated Millies. In fact, just today I posted in the “What Spyderco is in your pocket today?” thread and mentioned that my serrated Police 4 has been making me want a serrated Millie. I would also love to have a serrated Native Chief but the Millie is at the top of my list.
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
Leeman1

Post by Leeman1 »

Give the people what they want! A serrated Military, preferably in K390! That would be so sick!
Eric and Sal hook it up!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Nuh Nups wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:26 pm
I would be very happy to see another run of serrated Millies. In fact, just today I posted in the “What Spyderco is in your pocket today?” thread and mentioned that my serrated Police 4 has been making me want a serrated Millie. I would also love to have a serrated Native Chief but the Millie is at the top of my list.
It looks as though at least 3/4ths of the people want to see the return of the C-36 Military model in full SE again. And I can't argue with them at all because I wouldn't mind having another full SE Military myself. And I wouldn't even object if they did it with the 440V that they previously did it with. So if Spyderco has any left over bar stock they want to use up then that would be a great way to use it.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I like the knives suggested, but what would interest me as much as a compelling model, would be to try some different steels serrated. SE K390 has been very enjoyable so far.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I am with David. I´d actually prefer pretty much any Spydie in SE, as long as it is the "endela-/caribbean-ish" less aggressive type of SE.

So, YES to sprint runs in SE!

1.) Of course... Plain, jane VG 10 ffg regular blade shape Endura
2.) Chaparral (... see here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80989&start=60#p1613132 :smirk )
3.) Manix 2 LW ( actually a mystery to me why there is no regular production SE version of this model)
4.) Tenacious LW S35VN ("just" in PE and CE so far.. while the 8CR version DOES come in fully SE too...)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

OK I'm not going to let this thread die this early. But apparently I'm not getting my point across with this thread. Because I know deep in my gut that there are a lot of you serious fans of Spyderco's great designs and/or their great serrated models. Especially in the past 2 to 3 years I've seen a serious uptick of interest in many of Spyderco's full SE models. So I do know for sure that there are a lot more of you guys/gals out there that have certain models they would like to see in full SE.

There are so many great models like the SUPERHAWK for instance that I know in my gut people would really love in full SE. And it's way past time for us to get one of Spyderco's "RECURVE" models in full SE.

Yes David the ULIZE is at the top of my list for a full SE RECURVE model but I also put up the SPYKER and KRIS models as a consideration for that category as well. So let's do a little more brainstorming on this issue please.
Matus

Post by Matus »

I am wondering whether the additional tooling costs (to offer a SE sprint of a knife that was previously not available as SE) for a low volume productin (that is what Sprints are) would not push the costs (and thus price) too high. If not - then what are we still waiting for? :grin-smiling-eyes
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Matus wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:56 am
I am wondering whether the additional tooling costs (to offer a SE sprint of a knife that was previously not available as SE) for a low volume productin (that is what Sprints are) would not push the costs (and thus price) too high. If not - then what are we still waiting for? :grin-smiling-eyes
I"ve kind of thought about those same issues myself concerning the factors considered for SE Sprint Runs and Sprint Runs in general for that matter. However just recently we've gotten the "green light" on the C-60 Ayoob Sprint Run and they are doing that one in SE & PE both. So that tells me that with some advanced planning these projects can be accomplished.

Oh sure there will be added costs for some SE models and that's to be expected in some cases. It's like the old saying "Where There's A Will, There's A Way". And with the popularity of serrated Spyderco models in the increase in the past 2 to 3 years I do think there will eventually be more demand as time goes on. And let's face it>> with brands like Spyderco we already know that we aren't going to get "Rip-Mart" or Bargain Basement prices as it is.

So maybe I'm just a bit ahead of myself on this thread. Or maybe I'm at least a year to two years to soon.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd be far more willing to pay extra for serrations than for carbon fiber or colored G10.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Lil Temp 1.0, rhino blade, teeth. Sprint.
Let’s get weird :)
MournfulCongregant

Post by MournfulCongregant »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:40 pm
All in H1 SE Salt form...

1. Dodo-fly
2. Dodo-bug
3. Cricket-fly
4. Cricket-bug
5. Cricket LW 2 (updated FRN handle with bi-directional texture on both sides and a wire clip)
6. Spyderhawk 2 (new Pac Salt 2 handles)
7. Endela-hawk
8. Dodo 2 LW (new FRN LW handle)
9. Lil' Matriarch
10. Catcherman 2 (updated handle with Ti clip)
11. Worker 2 LW (new FRN LW handle)
12. "Beach Police" (linerless Police handle and bring back the Boye dent)
13. Stretch XL

This is the list! I think a Beach Police would be like... a Salt Civilian (which I think there should be, wave it, plus the Ma2 salted)
Favorite Spydercos: Police 4 K390 LW, Sage 5 M4 LW, K390 wharncliffe D-fly, Cricket, Crucarta PM2, M4 Micarta Shaman, Dodo.