St. Nick's Knives - Exclusive Jester Red FRN CPM 4V Black Coated Blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

St. Nick's Knives - Exclusive Jester Red FRN CPM 4V Black Coated Blade

Post by Sharp Guy »

I saw a post in another thread asking if there'll be a specific thread for the upcoming SNK Jester exclusive. It hasn't been officially announced yet that I know of. The drop date hasn't been made public yet either. So we'll update here once SNK has posted more info on social media.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
steelcity16

Re: St. Nick's Knives - Exclusive Jester Red FRN CPM 4V Black Coated Blade

Post by steelcity16 »

I am very much looking forward to this one after passing on their last two models. I wonder how many were produced?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

Perfect key chain knife.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I wonder if Spyderco and St. Nicks Knives wants this thread to exist yet? Spyderco made a mistake by listing this knife publicly and it was removed as soon they became of aware of it. Probably too late for them to do anything about it now though.

None the less, I’m excited for this one.
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm not a small knife guy, nor like additional clunky things on my keys...but this will be very hard to resist. When it drops, I'm going to guess it will take longer than 5 minutes to sell out. Hopefully everyone around here that wants one can get one!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I'm in on this.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I asked them about it on IG a few days ago when the P3 dropped, and they pretended they didn’t know anything about it but used the hashtag “maybesoon”…
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

All the talk about putting MagnaCut in an appropriate knife due to the characteristics of the steel, and now we have this.

Not saying I don't love it. It's just hilarious to me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Soulrack wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:33 am
Perfect key chain knife.
It really is. The forward choil? near the tip lends to very directed cuts. It’s a great box opener.

I have the manbug and ladybug on other keychains but I prefer the jester over both.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:04 am
I wonder if Spyderco and St. Nicks Knives wants this thread to exist yet? Spyderco made a mistake by listing this knife publicly and it was removed as soon they became of aware of it. Probably too late for them to do anything about it now though.

I don’t think it matters at this point. It’s public knowledge now. This thread only increases the awareness of the knife, so I see it as a benefit to the companies as well as us.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:27 am
All the talk about putting MagnaCut in an appropriate knife due to the characteristics of the steel, and now we have this.

Are you saying that this should have been magnacut? I’m all for new and exciting steels, and new product using variations of such; however, if everything is released in magnacut then my interest will drop very quickly. Material diversity is why I continue to buy Spyderco knives. MAGNACUT EVERYTHING!!!(tm) would be a bore and turn me off from future purchases.
RadioactiveSpyder

Evil D wrote:

I’m sure this exclusive was ordered some time ago. St. Nicks does ruby red with 4V as their “thing”, not sure why anyone would expect a change up to this scheme.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

My apologies if I’m wrong but I believe David was just pointing out the ironic humor in a knife like the Jester using a steel like 4V. Except using more recent discussions of Magnacut as an example. I do not think he was suggesting this knife should have been in Magnacut.

Evil D wrote:

I actually seem to remember similar things being said about 4V itself back when the Province was released. Something along the lines of 4V is more appropriate in a knife like the Province and not so much in folders. Yet here we are with a 4V Jester! :grin-squint
-Nick :bug-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Rinzler wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:53 am
Evil D wrote:

Are you saying that this should have been magnacut? I’m all for new and exciting steels, and new product using variations of such; however, if everything is released in magnacut then my interest will drop very quickly. Material diversity is why I continue to buy Spyderco knives. MAGNACUT EVERYTHING!!!(tm) would be a bore and turn me off from future purchases.

Oh I know that feeling, I've sat through more sprint series than I can list because I wasn't interested in the steel. I'm gonna have to say on this one you may just want to look the other way because it's inevitable. They will indeed MagnaCut everything, at least everything that is financially doable (meaning can the factory work with the steel, etc). I've had to sit back and watch pretty much any steel you can name be requested in practically every knife. People are just excited. It does get repetitive but I love the excitement. If the steel isn't for you, well again I know the feeling because it's happened to me too.

But no I wasn't suggesting that. I was saying the idea that only steels that make sense for the intended use of the knife, as in "MagnaCut in a small folder doesn't make sense, put it in a fixed blade instead" but here we have 4V in a Jester. I'm saying it's a silly argument even though it does make sense, because Spyderco doesn't adhere to that sort of logic and never really have.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I'm in, if I can. I expect this one to sell quickly just for the sub-$100 price and colorway. I really don't care about the steel one way or the other on this model, I'd be OK with AUS8, 440C, VG-10, whatever.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I'll be keeping an eye out for this one. Love the Jester. Love the colors. No way I'm missing this drop!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Rinzler wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:49 am
Mushroom wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:04 am

I don’t think it matters at this point. It’s public knowledge now. This thread only increases the awareness of the knife, so I see it as a benefit to the companies as well as us.
I considered waiting but it's already been posted and discussed in the SNK Para 3 thread. It was also posted in at least two Spyderco Facebook groups. So the cat's been out of the bag for awhile. I happen to know the guys at SNK are well aware it was leaked. I would think if Kristi (or Sal etc) didn't think it should be posted those posts would've disappeared. I would have no problem if this thread was removed but I don't think it's doing any harm now. We're just promoting it a little earlier than they might've planned
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Might be in for this one, it’s rather cute.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
RadioactiveSpyder

In my IG exchange with them last week, I mentioned specifically that their pic had been posted here on the forum and that “the cat was already out of the bag”. I’m not on FB so I can’t follow the discussion there.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:23 pm
Oh I know that feeling, I've sat through more sprint series than I can list because I wasn't interested in the steel. I'm gonna have to say on this one you may just want to look the other way because it's inevitable. They will indeed MagnaCut everything, at least everything that is financially doable (meaning can the factory work with the steel, etc). I've had to sit back and watch pretty much any steel you can name be requested in practically every knife. People are just excited. It does get repetitive but I love the excitement. If the steel isn't for you, well again I know the feeling because it's happened to me too.

But no I wasn't suggesting that. I was saying the idea that only steels that make sense for the intended use of the knife, as in "MagnaCut in a small folder doesn't make sense, put it in a fixed blade instead" but here we have 4V in a Jester. I'm saying it's a silly argument even though it does make sense, because Spyderco doesn't adhere to that sort of logic and never really have.
Thanks for clearing that up, I see the humor in it now.