will there be a shaman in magnacut?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
R1monkey

will there be a shaman in magnacut?

Post by R1monkey »

I just think a shaman with hardware and liners that wont rust in magnacut would be such a cool knife it would be my perfect knife with cool g10 colors maybe red?
:winking-tongue
phaust

Re: will there be a shaman in magnacut?

Post by phaust »

Seems like a good choice for the toughness.

I wonder if we'll see colors in there than yellow with it though since that's already been paired in the Native Salt. Plus red is a color used for exclusives (but of course they could use other shades).
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Wow, another Magnacut request thread. Maybe Spyderco should only produce knives made from Magnacut. People talk about Magnacut like it's the best of the best of the best. Why would anybody ever need anything other than Magnacut.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

R1monkey wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:51 am
I just think a shaman with hardware and liners that wont rust in magnacut would be such a cool knife it would be my perfect knife with cool g10 colors maybe red?

Don't think that Spyderco will use red for their regular production in house models, think that color is reserved for the trainer versions of models.
SSD_777 wrote: Wow, another Magnacut request thread. Maybe Spyderco should only produce knives made from Magnacut...
Right, I have a feeling that we'll see a ton of threads asking for MC in almost any model... :winking-tongue
Not a problem for me, MC obviously is really good indeed.
But I personally have no need for high corrosion resistance in a knife steel, I'll have to check out if MC still is such a step up for my own needs.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
nonstainless

Post by nonstainless »

Sure, the question is when. However for me that will be an easy pass. I'm waiting for a lighter & thinner one...

... native chief or stretch xl ;)
Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. L11:35
Matus

Post by Matus »

I think it is just a question of time. A lot of time.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
dan31

Post by dan31 »

I think there might be “everything” in CPM MagnaCut. Just wait for it to roll out. Sprints, exclusives and regular production.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I might eventually get one if it's in MC.

Honestly, I don't see why some people have a problem with it, or with other people wanting it. MC may eventually replace S30V as Golden's base steel. And while I like S30V, I would imagine that MC would be quite a step up.

Jim
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

This is the Golden model I'd most like to see in Magnacut.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

SSD_777 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:40 am
Wow, another Magnacut request thread. Maybe Spyderco should only produce knives made from Magnacut. People talk about Magnacut like it's the best of the best of the best. Why would anybody ever need anything other than Magnacut.

I literally don't. 🤷‍♂️

Sign me up.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Why all the haters every time a Magnacut thread pops up?

Yes some people would like Magnacut everything.

This doesn't mean that we cant also K390 everything, or what ever your favorite steel is everything. It's not like a Magnacut Shaman means you can't have one in something else. For example I have an S30V, S90V, 4V, and M4 Shaman.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

SSD_777 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:40 am
In this case, given the Shaman's capabilities as a heavy-duty folding knife, I think Magnacut actually does make a lot of sense for people who also need corrosion resistance.
Matus

Post by Matus »

Nothing wrong with people wishing for MagnaCut in their favorite knives. But maybe we should start a thread discussing which models should not be introduced in MC for the sake of the balance :winking-tongue
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I honestly think that Magnacut should replace s30v as the standard steel. Not sure about the price though. Maybe BD1n and Magnacut as low/high options?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:59 pm
Why all the haters every time a Magnacut thread pops up?

"All the haters" ? :thinking Honestly, I´ve never came across a Magnacut "hater" so far... not only not in this thread...
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

nonstainless wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:48 am
Sure, the question is when. However for me that will be an easy pass. I'm waiting for a lighter & thinner one...

You know that there is a Shaman LW with a probably thinner, high hollow ground blade in the works?
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

spydergoat wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:38 pm
This is the Golden model I'd most like to see in Magnacut.
Color me pretty interested, although a MC chief would be very interesting as well.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I would expect a magnacut shaman is at least planned.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

Will Magnacut be as universal as S30V and 154CM before it? Who knows but it looks perfect on paper and has good reviews from the first custom knife makers using it. I hope that using it as a Salt series steel first doesn't pigeon hold it and I doubt that it will. I am interested in seeing its toughness tested. Reviewers will break it and I'm here for that. LOL Tough tool steels perform really well until they have catastrophic failures and Magnacut will be pushed to that limit for sure.

When it comes out in the most popular models it needs to be a regular offering. I'd like to see it in compression locks made in Golden and Taiwan like the Shaman, Paramilitary 2, Sage 5 and a new collaboration design and some really big Japanese knives like the Stretch XL and even a return of the Tatanka.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I’d like a Magnacarta Shaman.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”