Chris Reeve Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kennethsime

Re: Chris Reeve Knives

Post by kennethsime »

I just bought a new bike so I’m out, but god dam this is killing me.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Very nice! I don't have instagram. Has that dropped yet?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:05 pm
Very nice! I don't have instagram. Has that dropped yet?
Instagram indicates hey have, but I don’t see them on the website.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I've bought my first CRK at the end of August. A Small 21 in S35VN. Then I found a used Inkosi in S45VN (Blade had not been sharpened, but the knife must've fallen on the ground once or twice lol). And then I really wanted to try a Large 31 to both try the Large size, and see how much I like the 31.

Well, I prefer the lock of the 21 over the 31. I bought the LG 31 with black canvas micarta inlay (MagnaCut steel) brand new, cost me a little fortune here in Europe. But I wanted a MagnaCut Seb in Drop Point, in Europe they are almost impossible to find :squinting-tongue

My Inkosi is a vault, the lock-up is totally secure and I love that. On the Large 31 I had crazy lock stick upon reception (knowing I paid the price of the Small 21 and Inkosi for this one, I wasn't happy). I disassembled once or twice and now it's ok, there's "steel residue" on the ceramic ball and the lock-up seems a bit later than on others, but still at the normal range.

What's annoying me is the slight vertical play that can be found if you search for it. I don't think it will ever become an issue, even if this becomes my daily user for the next 40 years ! I might buy a PJ LG 21 next, to see if I really love the 21 more than the 31. Otherwise, then it'll be Small 31 or 21 Insingo. The Small size is till my favorite, even if I've been impressed and fell in love with the grind of the Large 31, WAY thinner than the Small 21 !

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
270ultimate

Post by 270ultimate »

zenith2 wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:59 am

What’s the wooden wedge on the table for, if I may ask?
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Ramonade wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:34 am
I've bought my first CRK at the end of August. A Small 21 in S35VN. Then I found a used Inkosi in S45VN (Blade had not been sharpened, but the knife must've fallen on the ground once or twice lol). And then I really wanted to try a Large 31 to both try the Large size, and see how much I like the 31.

Well, I prefer the lock of the 21 over the 31. I bought the LG 31 with black canvas micarta inlay (MagnaCut steel) brand new, cost me a little fortune here in Europe. But I wanted a MagnaCut Seb in Drop Point, in Europe they are almost impossible to find :squinting-tongue

My Inkosi is a vault, the lock-up is totally secure and I love that. On the Large 31 I had crazy lock stick upon reception (knowing I paid the price of the Small 21 and Inkosi for this one, I wasn't happy). I disassembled once or twice and now it's ok, there's "steel residue" on the ceramic ball and the lock-up seems a bit later than on others, but still at the normal range.

What's annoying me is the slight vertical play that can be found if you search for it. I don't think it will ever become an issue, even if this becomes my daily user for the next 40 years ! I might buy a PJ LG 21 next, to see if I really love the 21 more than the 31. Otherwise, then it'll be Small 31 or 21 Insingo. The Small size is till my favorite, even if I've been impressed and fell in love with the grind of the Large 31, WAY thinner than the Small 21 !

Nice!

I really like the drop points, but I've been impressed with the Insingo's too. I reckon they are worth a try!

It is brutal on the wallet when the CRK bug bites! Ask me how I know... :smiling-halo
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:37 am
Nice!

I really like the drop points, but I've been impressed with the Insingo's too. I reckon they are worth a try!

It is brutal on the wallet when the CRK bug bites! Ask me how I know... :smiling-halo
Ahah, yeah pretty violent ! Well the first 2 just took the place of 2 monthly Spydercos, but the full price one took the price of 4 Spydercos 😅🤣
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
zenith2

Post by zenith2 »

270ultimate wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:02 pm
zenith2 wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:59 am

What’s the wooden wedge on the table for, if I may ask?
Just the table number on the other side of it.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Chris Reeve is right up their with Wm Henry, pretty, and pretty pricy.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Well boys, they did it again.

This time with natural micarta. It’s taking everything not to splurge right now.

SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

kennethsime wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:12 pm
Well boys, they did it again.

This time with natural micarta. It’s taking everything not to splurge right now.
Buy yourself an early Christmas present or drop some big hints 😉
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I always get nervous when there's a bump to this thread. That looks great, but I refuse to click the link and see the price!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:24 am
I always get nervous when there's a bump to this thread. That looks great, but I refuse to click the link and see the price!
Wiser man than I!

270ultimate

Post by 270ultimate »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:24 am
I clicked it. Holy cow.

When I bought my only CRK, a PJ 21, the whole time I kept telling myself “That’s a used Glock... That’s a used Glock…”

This one is… holy cow. But also a stunner.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Fortunately that colour scheme (and price) does not appeal to me. More for everyone else... 👍
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Flash

Post by Flash »

I’ve been giving some serious thought to selling a few less used Spydercos to fund a Large Sebby in Magnacut. Don’t know yet… I’d prefer ideally something thinnner behind the edge whilst retaining a hollow grind and high end stainless steel.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It's a beautiful knife, but yeah, holy cow!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Well they’re not getting any cheaper, but DLT just dropped a bunch of unique graphic Sebenzas.

https://www.dlttrading.com/newest-arrivals

Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Well, after trying to acquire a Drop Point Zaan for what seems like the last 4-5 years I finally ordered one directly from CRK. I’ve had a few in carts trying to check out, but this knife has been a total PITA to get.

I wished I would have ordered it back when I started looking, because with a 6 year wait I’d only have a few left. At least now I can get it exactly the way I want it at a fair price; Drop Point, Glass Blasted, Blue Hardware and Burgundy Lanyard.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Dazen wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:28 am
Well, after trying to acquire a Drop Point Zaan for what seems like the last 4-5 years I finally ordered one directly from CRK. I’ve had a few in carts trying to check out, but this knife has been a total PITA to get.

I wished I would have ordered it back when I started looking, because with a 6 year wait I’d only have a few left. At least now I can get it exactly the way I want it at a fair price; Drop Point, Glass Blasted, Blue Hardware and Burgundy Lanyard.
That's been my most carried knife last few months. Seems like there is hope with CRK staying in stock lately... It's only a matter of time before DP Zaans are easier to grab and cheaper than MSRP on the secondary. CRK Magnacut has surpassed my expectations and I'd consider a second at the right price and sell my Tanto that looks cool but I'm probably never going to use lol.