Chris Reeve Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SG89

Re: Chris Reeve Knives

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:33 pm
Oh no, really!? I'm not on there...any of yours??
They might be mine…
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:31 pm
what kind of jobs do you all work to be able to afford these? i'm asking because i'm looking at a career change in the next year and i need to know what kind of training i should be pursuing and what kind of job i should be looking for.
:rofl
All things are possible through great credit :winking-tongue
Spydergirl88
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

ladybug93 wrote:
what kind of jobs do you all work to be able to afford these? i'm asking because i'm looking at a career change in the next year and i need to know what kind of training i should be pursuing and what kind of job i should be looking for.
:rofl
Lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Last edited by prndltech on Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I sold one of my kids, didn't eat for 2 weeks, and locked myself in the basement without driving and was able to save a lot actually. Let me tell you, it has all been worth it for this Inkosi LB. We don't even miss the child, and I was able to shed some weight by not eating. How does the saying go? Priorities?
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:50 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:33 pm
Oh no, really!? I'm not on there...any of yours??
They might be mine…
Well, this makes me wonder what's in store next for you!?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

No trades or free agent signings eminent, purely a cap-savings move lol
Spydergirl88
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I also moved the Large CF Inkosi last weekend...it had been in the case for far too many consecutive days. I'm totally open to a small insingo 31 though!
So it goes.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I haven't sold my Sebenza off - I really don't think I ever will.

However, I do definitely have some shame to share: a few weeks ago, I managed to pinch mat washers while disassembling the knife for the first time. Clumsy me, I just wanted a gold lanyard pin + backspacer. Unfortunately, I now have a bit of blade play when the blade is unlocked, and I haven't carried it since.

I keep meaning to send it back to Idaho, but man I hate mailing it out anytime after Monday and Mondays are always busy.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

DLT Exclusive. Large Sebenza. Pricey but looks great.

https://www.dlttrading.com/chris-reeve- ... micarta-69

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:50 am
DLT Exclusive. Large Sebenza. Pricey but looks great.

https://www.dlttrading.com/chris-reeve- ... micarta-69

I just saw this and was going to post ! Good job ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

ladybug93 wrote:
what kind of jobs do you all work to be able to afford these?
I'm just glad I bought mine years ago, so I no longer have to think about it. Sunk cost. S30V, though. :cheap-sunglasses
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:09 am
I sold one of my kids, didn't eat for 2 weeks, and locked myself in the basement without driving and was able to save a lot actually. Let me tell you, it has all been worth it for this Inkosi LB. We don't even miss the child, and I was able to shed some weight by not eating. How does the saying go? Priorities?

LOL now that I know I can eventually sell them for knives I may start thinking about having kids
Just an indiscretion if you don't mind, are they worth more if you sell them younger :grin-big eyes
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Gsg9 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:18 pm
JSumm wrote:

LOL now that I know I can eventually sell them for knives I may start thinking about having kids
Just an indiscretion if you don't mind, are they worth more if you sell them younger :grin-big eyes
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

JSumm wrote:
Sorry to budge in this thread i stumbled upon it and eventhough i have nothing with CR knives , i do need to say you sir have made the reply of the year for me ! :grin-squint
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:50 pm
JSumm wrote:
Sorry to budge in this thread i stumbled upon it and eventhough i have nothing with CR knives , i do need to say you sir have made the reply of the year for me ! :grin-squint
Jeff is one of our best comedians and a good buddy . His sense of humor has brought me out of the darkness more than once . ;) Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:01 pm
apollo wrote:
JSumm wrote:
Jeff is one of our best comedians and a good buddy . His sense of humor has brought me out of the darkness more than once . ;) Dan
He’s been sleeping in my spare room since the purchase of the inkosi. Y’all think it’s funny, wait till you find out he’s being serious!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

:') :rofl
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Shannon, you are out of toilet paper. Forgot to tell you that yesterday.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

prndltech wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:38 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:01 pm
apollo wrote:
JSumm wrote:
He’s been sleeping in my spare room since the purchase of the inkosi. Y’all think it’s funny, wait till you find out he’s being serious!
Hahaha you guys are great .:') :beaming-face