Favorite Unique Spyderco Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kadinh

Favorite Unique Spyderco Knife

Post by kadinh »

We have seen a TON of Delica, Endura, Native, and PM2 knives. What are your favorite "non-traditional" or one-off Spyderco designs? Pics welcome :winking-tongue :respect
You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...
vivi

Re: Favorite Unique Spyderco Knife

Post by vivi »

swick :)

:unicorn
Matus

Post by Matus »

Schempp Bowie. Just so unique with a peculiar ergonomics. I would love to get my hands on more knives from Mr. Schempp, I hope more will be brought back as exclusives. I had the Cruwear Tuff, but kinda did not work for me (it is otherwise a wonderfully made piece)
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

The Lum Chinese is beautiful IMO. I'd love to see more of the Ayoob Massad Spyderco. I have always wanted one.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Yojumbo is a pretty funky looking design too, but it works really well for EDC IMO.
:unicorn
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

For something truly unique:
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.00.38 PM.jpg
The Vrango! Sadly, people could not get past the unique, but very useful blade shape. I have one with EDC scars and all, just not handy for a picture.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Easily the Kris! Can't add a photo just now, maybe later.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The PPT Perrin is my favorite Spyderco of all time.

I don’t think the Lil Native qualifies as “unique” enough.

My next favorite “unique” Spyderco is easily the Squarehead! It’s one of my favorite designs from one of my favorite knife designers as a collaboration with my favorite knife company. Hard to beat that!
-Nick :bug-red
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

That’s way too hard and i haven’t owned many unique Spydercos. I’ll limit it to just what I’ve used, so the Spyderco ClipiTool serrated version.
It is weirdly good.

If I otherwise don’t limit my choices, I’d never be able to choose. I like recurves and fixed blades, so those two things already make most of my choices pretty niche for Spyderco.
Maybe I’ll go with the Whale Rescue for the sake of my appreciation of the company making such a conservation-minded tool.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Ooh, I haven't been around Spyderco long enough to know my history, so just from what I know.
Favorite one I own: Kapara or Watu. Though I guess the Watu is more unique.
Favorite that I don't own: probably the Yojimbo 2. I don't know anything else like it, but it looks like it just works.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageSmock , flipper , button lock . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:14 pm
Smock , flipper , button lock . MG2
That is a good 1 that I know. Very slim which I like. I'm sure it hides away in the pocket.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

That is such a tough question I won’t be able give a single answer. So this is how I’ll answer. for knives I don’t have In my collection right now I’d pick either the original Worker, or the scorpius. Out of the knives I do currently own, either the cricket or the kopa. Apologies for cheating !
:bug-red-white
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

the reason i like spyderco is because they are already unique in the knife world. looking at my collection, it might be difficult to even tell most of them are from the same company. the most carried in my collection are:

manix
spydiechef
ikuchi
yojimbo
caribbean sheepsfoot se
pacific salt se h1
resilience
ladybug hawkbill salt

in my mind, these are all different enough from each other to warrant a spot in the rotation while also remaining functional edc knives for pretty much any of my daily tasks.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Of the ones I own, the Sliverax gets my vote. I also like the PPT and Yojimbo 2, though the Yo2 has had more than a handful of variants so I don't know if it still qualifies as unique.
sliverax 01.jpg
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Never owned one, and it is about as complete of a departure from my normal knife preferences as can be, but the Dodo is a favorite of mine. A spyderco collecting friend in college had one and I always liked it, but just never wanted to spend the money on one back then. Wish I had.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
DrHE

Post by DrHE »

We have several flippers of which Sliverax is fantastic as are the Tropen and Amalgam. For fixed blades Zoomer and the Reverse are both outstanding. Pics when I have a moment.
M.N.O.S.D. 0031
gspam1

Post by gspam1 »

Dodo. Best package opener of all time. I will walk across the shop to pick up the Dodo to open a box, rather than use a knife right next to me. That's not weird is it?
MyelinSheath&Borborygmi

Post by MyelinSheath&Borborygmi »

Hundred Pacer, Kiwi 4 and Watu.
confucius

Post by confucius »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:35 pm

Yojumbo is a pretty funky looking design too, but it works really well for EDC IMO.
Vivi - Yojumbo is the bottom knife. What's the name of the first knife? Looks like a Manix...