Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
max808

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by max808 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:12 pm
max808 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:03 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:12 pm
Bolster wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:40 am
Pretty cat! Is she up for mascot duty?
As 0002 filling in for 0001 , I proclaim Dee Dee as our official mascot ! Please assign a number for this sweet kitty ! 0002
Amazing news 0002, I humbly bow down before Dee Dee and am also three leg inclusive. What a inspirational demonstration of persistence and tenacious resilience from our four legged pack members by so effortlessly transitioning to one or even two legs less and not even being grumpy about it but instead happy to be alive! Would a triple pair of bespoke socks be acceptable to commemorate this momentous occasion?

Faithfully at your service,
Like the Isle of man logo? If so... :cheap-sunglasses
Yes 0049, exactly like that! In the meantime I've been wearing my leaping cat socks all week. They look like Dee Dee in the middle of jumping a bowl of catnip. Picked up 10 pair a fortnight ago and am truly impressed with the advances that have been made in sock and footwear technology. Compared to my decade old pairs of tennis socks, these new ones are so much more comfortable and considerably thinner, made up of 80% cotton and 20% polyamide. Also having procured 5 pairs of running shoes in that same fortnight and rediscovering the comfort of a comfy shoe, I feel like my sandal days are in the past now. Honored to be in your presence 0049.

MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
max808

Post by max808 »

Pictures or it didn't happen, I am well aware noble ones...
deedeesocks001.jpg
This past week there have been several memorable birthdays so perhaps our holiday calendar requires updating? Highly anticipating word on a motion regarding Uncle Jeff Day, which I fully sponsor.

For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Today is the day I feel ready to become a "made guy" 😜

Behold my favorite happy socks and my Lil' Native.

PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:54 am

Interesting sock collection ! The Lil Native is very impressive, doubt it spends much time in the drawer . 😁 002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImage
JSumm wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:38 pm
Oh boy. She is going to be ecstatic. I just need to find her. She is currently in hiding.
[/quote ] Never fear ! I have posted Most Noble Ninja Cats to protect DeeDee ! No worries they are so stealthy 🥷 you will never know they are on patrol . . 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I would run. I would run as far as my skinny legs could carry me. To the ends of the earth I would run.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Paul Ardbeg wrote:

Congrats Paul! You have made it through the grueling requirements and testing to become an official member of The Order. Remember to take everything knife related extremely seriously. There is no room for fun or patience. We must keep a critical eye in this ever changing hobby. All shenanigans must be quickly extinguished. I may have this backwards. Godspeed.

Join me in welcoming our newest member #0052.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Welcome member #0052! Dandy socks are dandy!

Now we can all sing a dozen verses of our fondness of traffic lights but only when they're green.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:35 pm
Paul Ardbeg wrote:

Congrats Paul! You have made it through the grueling requirements and testing to become an official member of The Order. Remember to take everything knife related extremely seriously. There is no room for fun or patience. We must keep a critical eye in this ever changing hobby. All shenanigans must be quickly extinguished. I may have this backwards. Godspeed.

Join me in welcoming our newest member #0052.
Dear Jeff, I will abide by and honor these rules.
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:08 pm
Welcome member #0052! Dandy socks are dandy!

Now we can all sing a dozen verses of our fondness of traffic lights but only when they're green.
The socks are a little touch of extravagance in a pretty vanilla wardrobe 😉

MNOSD member #0052

max808

Post by max808 »

Welcome aboard 0052, honored to be in your presence. Excellent taste in socks is one way to spice up a vanilla wardrobe, well played Sir. Would you happen to have a preference for heavily peated scotch also?

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

max808 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:57 am
Welcome aboard 0052, honored to be in your presence. Excellent taste in socks is one way to spice up a vanilla wardrobe, well played Sir. Would you happen to have a preference for heavily peated scotch also?

My favorite scotch!
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

max808 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:57 am

Thank you dear #0047 (sounds like a James Bond villain). And yes, if it's peated and distilled at Islay i'm in.

MNOSD member #0052

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

A must try for you then.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:17 am
A must try for you then.
Tried and tested 😉

MNOSD member #0052

Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Paul Ardbeg wrote:

Welcome #0052! Seldom have we seen an initiate show such mastery of what it takes to become a member of MNOSD. The sock photo, the skilled typing, the correct spelling, the deep understanding of what it means to be a 'made guy.' Not to mention what can only be interpreted as extensive experience with hooch. Welcome to our very very serious order, which we seriously take very seriously. NOBODY can serious like the Nobility can serious.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:49 am
Paul Ardbeg wrote:

Welcome #0052! Seldom have we seen an initiate show such mastery of what it takes to become a member of MNOSD. The sock photo, the skilled typing, the correct spelling, the deep understanding of what it means to be a 'made guy.' Not to mention what can only be interpreted as extensive experience with hooch. Welcome to our very very serious order, which we seriously take very seriously. NOBODY can serious like the Nobility can serious.
Dear #0003, thank you for the warm and seriously serious welcome ☺️

MNOSD member #0052

max808

Post by max808 »

Excellent news 0052, I am delighted to learn that you are partial to peated scotch, which I suspect we have several connoisseurs on board who share our passion for such whisk{e}y. The wee beastie is a rare breed over here and has won me over after just one bottle, it's so delicious at 5 years old and just about barrelproof. Would you be so kind as to flood the continent with your select wares considering the holiday season? The Northern Legion would undoubtedly be very grateful and generous in return and could for example offer our brothers and sisters in the field a nice bottle to enjoy during the winter...

Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Dear Nobility:

Pity us for living in a time when parts of humanity are inventing new, nasty diseases that don’t need to exist. Yesterday I got a COVID booster, and I knew I would be sick last night and today. So I planned in a little fun…I memorized a few lines from Spike Jones’ Hawaiian War Chant in preparation.

In the middle of the night my wife leaned over me and whispered “How are you feeling?” to which I responded: “HOO VA DOOEY LOO, EASY DORY DOR, E HAVA LEVA WAN-EE DOVIL AYE!” and then turned over as if to go back to sleep. I could hear her pause, not sure what to do…then in a bit she reclined. I about choked trying not to laugh, despite the fever.

The next morning, she said: “You were really sick last night!”
“Oh, I dunno, not so much.”
“Yes you WERE. You were out of your head!”
“I don’t think so.”
“Yes you WERE. I asked you in the middle of the night how you were feeling and you started spouting gibberish!”
“I remember you asking, and I told you the fever had broken.”
“NO, YOU WERE BABBLING!”
“Well dear, it’s probably best not to exaggerate. Perhaps I was a little unclear.”
“AARRRGGGGHH!”

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha….I have such a good wife, and she has never stopped loving me despite the horrid pranks I play on her. She’s definitely a better person than I am.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:24 pm
Dear Nobility:

Pity us for living in a time when parts of humanity are inventing new, nasty diseases that don’t need to exist. Yesterday I got a COVID booster, and I knew I would be sick last night and today. So I planned in a little fun…I memorized a few lines from Spike Jones’ Hawaiian War Chant in preparation.

In the middle of the night my wife leaned over me and whispered “How are you feeling?” to which I responded: “HOO VA DOOEY LOO, EASY DORY DOR, E HAVA LEVA WAN-EE DOVIL AYE!” and then turned over as if to go back to sleep. I could hear her pause, not sure what to do…then in a bit she reclined. I about choked trying not to laugh, despite the fever.

The next morning, she said: “You were really sick last night!”
“Oh, I dunno, not so much.”
“Yes you WERE. You were out of your head!”
“I don’t think so.”
“Yes you WERE. I asked you in the middle of the night how you were feeling and you started spouting gibberish!”
“I remember you asking, and I told you the fever had broken.”
“NO, YOU WERE BABBLING!”
“Well dear, it’s probably best not to exaggerate. Perhaps I was a little unclear.”
“AARRRGGGGHH!”

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha….I have such a good wife, and she has never stopped loving me despite the horrid pranks I play on her. She’s definitely a better person than I am.
I got my COVID shot on the 5th , sore arm and felt blad for a few hours next day . This Tuesdaystarted having a dry cough and mild tightness in chest . Call doctor sends me to have four plex test . All negative just have a cold and being treated with Zpack and steroids . Glad I am not one one who pranks wife . I got a good scolding using a knee sock as a scarf for the cat . I told I needed to take a classy shot of Patch for Bolster . Image
Henry David Thoreau