Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bolster

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Bolster »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:42 am
Bolster wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:22 pm
I felt the urge to post here on April the first, don't know why.
I sure hope you are not insinuating that this group or topic is a joke. There has been a great deal of productive discussion around thread counts and heal designs. This group is focused and on point with general observations and feedback. They are also a very supportive encouraging group. For example, I recently moved 3 fine gentlemen into my basement, who by the way desparately needed new socks, because they fell on hard times. They said they were members of this fine group when I asked with my window down as I drove by their terribly dirty street. They very proudly said yes, and I of course offered up my basement to help. They have been quite pleasant down there. I was even going to offer them some knives to borrow, but seemed to have forgotten what drawer I keep them in since they were not in the drawer that I suspected they should be in. I'll figure that out later. They could be mixed in with some electronics I seemed to have misplaced. Anyways, these Gentlemen (who I haven't yet matched up their names to the MNOSD register) are fine examples of what this order is all about. Even the guy down there that is always in a tank top (either tie died brown or in desparate need of a good washing) and yelling some words that I will need to look up. Possibly some old jargon of the great order.

Hope this helps.

First off, since I don't know what the word 'insinuating' means, I didn't do it; or if I did, nobody saw me do it, and they can't prove anything.

And second, I've been meaning to thank you for allowing me and my two pals to hang out in your basement. It's true, we had fallen on hard times and were in desperate need of socks, and alcohol. The knives you are unable to locate were in the second and third drawers down, say my two compadres. Your knives (along with several electrical components we found, while you were at work) are now being held at the local pawn shop for safe-keeping, if you care to collect them there.

Thirdly, yes, the brown-streaked and fragrant undershirts we wear are actually an official uniform of ours, would you like one for yourself? If you can lend me an undershirt and some chewing tobacco, I can prepare you an official uniform of your own in about a month. We think it would be neat if everyone in our M-SNOD group, or whatever you call it, could look the same with matching attire. Aside from the tall socks and the brown undershirts, we are also considering the addition of boxers or briefs, but we don't have a consensus on that yet--the vocal minority is complaining that both boxers and briefs are too restricting.

Fourth, we are now out of alcohol. Can you kindly ask the missus to pick up, say, ten gallons of malt liquor and wine on her next shopping trip? All three of us say thanks, and other things, at the top of our lungs.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Ok, first this made me laugh the hardest and I don't even know why. Maybe because I have been there.
Bolster wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:02 pm
...OK, I messed this post up so badly I'm just going to start over...

Second, there is no way you ran out of liquor in my house. Ask the homeowner if his name is Jeffrey or Jeffery? God forbid Geoffrey.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

Petitioning the noble admin/leader to kindly add me to this most illustrious and prominent order.

This thread is hilarious and I’ve always wondered what the ‘MNOSD’ meant in peoples’ signature.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Foehammer wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:15 pm
Petitioning the noble admin/leader to kindly add me to this most illustrious and prominent order.

This thread is hilarious and I’ve always wondered what the ‘MNOSD’ meant in peoples’ signature.
Welcome Joe to the fantastical order of fun chaos! You will forever be known as member #0045.
You are now on a long list of historical peoples that will echo into the annals of this great forum.

Last edited by JSumm on Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Foehammer wrote:

you are officially doomed to humor and shenanigans. 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:57 pm
Foehammer wrote:

Welcome Joe to the fantastical order of fun chaos! You will forever be known at member #0045.
You are now on a long list of historical peoples that will echo into the annals of this great forum.

Thanks Jeff! Glad to be here! 😅

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:22 pm

And bad grammar on street signs. It should be: "...if I were you." Always remember that the nobility strives to speak the King's English. And to keep their socks up nice and high.

Welcome Foehammer!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:12 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:

And bad grammar on street signs. It should be: "...if I were you." Always remember that the nobility strives to speak the King's English. And to keep their socks up nice and high.

Welcome Foehammer!
You have not never been wrong Bolster! Listen up Joe, things aren't going to never get any better here with this wonderful group.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:

Welcome Foehammer!
Bad grammar should be taken up with the California Highway Department . 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Professional wrench photographer huh… is that the best you could come up with?
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Shannon I was on a deadline. Some of that stuff may not age well. 😂
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:00 pm
I confess , I did have some input and was shot down with Gut Wrencher . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

Bolster wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:

Welcome Foehammer!
Thanks!

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:00 pm

Least it’s not “Maker of Fine Carpenter’s Tools” 😂 I’m not sure where the illustrious Jeff got that one from. 🤔

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Fair enough, I suppose 😌
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Bolster wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:

Welcome Foehammer!
Bolster - you sound like my mother growing up…(she taught English)…I’d say “can I” go outside mama? and she’d say - now Lawrence you know better than that, but yes you “may” go outside

Welcome Foe bro!!!👊
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:24 am
Bolster wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:

Welcome Foehammer!
Bolster - you sound like my mother growing up…(she taught English)…I’d say “can I” go outside mama? and she’d say - now Lawrence you know better than that, but yes you “may” go outside

Welcome Foe bro!!!👊

Thanks Salty my guy!

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Bolster - you sound like my mother growing up…(she taught English)…I’d say “can I” go outside mama? and she’d say - now Lawrence you know better than that, but yes you “may” go outside.

Now there's a woman I can admire. Lawrence, she made you into the excellent man you are today, in no small part by enforcing the rules of correct grammar. I say we give your mom an honorary pair of cargo socks, maybe even a brown undershirt if the other nobles will allow it.

JSumm wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:35 pm
...not never been ... aren't going to never....

Please. It's "ain't never been... ain't going to never." Now conjugate the verb ain't 20 times on the chalkboard and then you can go play.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Bolster wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:16 pm
Bolster - you sound like my mother growing up…(she taught English)…I’d say “can I” go outside mama? and she’d say - now Lawrence you know better than that, but yes you “may” go outside.

Now there's a woman I can admire. Lawrence, she made you into the excellent man you are today, in no small part by enforcing the rules of correct grammar. I say we give your mom an honorary pair of cargo socks, maybe even a brown undershirt if the other nobles will allow it.

JSumm wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:35 pm
...not never been ... aren't going to never....

Please. It's "ain't never been... ain't going to never." Now conjugate the verb ain't 20 times on the chalkboard and then you can go play.
Conjugate…more memories 😳…I ain’t opposed to the cargo sox or brown undershirt 🤣