Seconds sale

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bstueve

Seconds sale

Post by Bstueve »

Is there any info on the seconds sale for 2021? I am planning a long trip if it’s a go.
Michael Janich

Re: Seconds sale

Post by Michael Janich »

yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I'll be wearing my Spyderbug necklace with yablanowitz across it. See you there.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Wow, I guess I should plan on camping out?
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Up to you. They keep bringing out trays of fresh stock all day, so even if you get there late you can still find great deals. I camp out for the comradarie. Bring your warm clothes if you do decide to overnight.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

People camp out? How many show up for the event?
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Several hundred. By opening time on Saturday, the line has been at least halfway around the building the last few sales.
Higher

Post by Higher »

Happy shopping, guys.
I use translator most of the time.

There was a link to the old Spyderco catalogs.
z1r

Post by z1r »

yablanowitz wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:38 pm
Several hundred. By opening time on Saturday, the line has been at least halfway around the building the last few sales.
If I don't camp, I'll plan on being there very early with lots of Coffee! :coffee
robis1923

Post by robis1923 »

I think I am going to camp this year as well.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

What is the start time?
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I'm not sure, mostly because I'm on Central time and don't bother to reset my watch on the trip. I think it is supposed to be 9:00 Mountain Standard Time, but it seems like they opened at 8:00 for the 2019 Sale. They usually open the lobby an hour ahead of the store so the campers can get in out of the cold and get out of their Arctic expedition gear. The Sale is still evolving, so things could be different this year.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

To give you an idea of how hardcore some of the fans are, in 2019 a few started camping on Tuesday and the sale wasn’t until Saturday.

Rich
Think for yourself
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Candyman wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:20 am
To give you an idea of how hardcore some of the fans are, in 2019 a few started camping on Tuesday and the sale wasn’t until Saturday.
It is indeed a dedicated fan who camps out for days in Golden in winter.
😲🔪❤️🔥
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

RustyIron wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:04 am
Candyman wrote:
😲🔪❤️🔥
Even more so for knives that are defective one way or another! That's crazy if you ask me. I love knives at a good discount, but I don't love them THAT much!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:09 am

Even more so for knives that are defective one way or another! That's crazy if you ask me. I love knives at a good discount, but I don't love them THAT much!
Yeah every day on ebay there can be found hundreds of defective spyderco knives for cheap. And they will deliver to you! Lol. I liked participating in the online seconds sale one time only thing. Not into waiting in line next to people that haven't showered for days for seconds knives. More power to those that do and have a fun time doing it.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Unfortunately, I'm too far away to visit
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

SG89 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:19 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Yeah every day on ebay there can be found hundreds of defective spyderco knives for cheap. And they will deliver to you! Lol. I liked participating in the online seconds sale one time only thing. Not into waiting in line next to people that haven't showered for days for seconds knives. More power to those that do and have a fun time doing it.
I have a number of models that I would never have purchased even at eBay prices thanks to the Sale. As an added bonus, no chance of getting a fake at the factory store. But mostly I go to be around a bunch of like-minded people where I can talk about knives without a lot of eye rolling, yawns and fake snores.

The crew works their butts off to put this on, and their biggest reward is getting to see all those people who brave the elements for the event, to interact with their customers face to face and see that we appreciate them as much as they do us.
FreeGolf

Post by FreeGolf »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
RustyIron wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:04 am
Candyman wrote:
😲🔪❤️🔥
Good! We don't need anymore flatlanders here in Golden anyways ;) Colorado sees over 300 days of sun but im totally cool with everyone thinking it is Siberia in the winters.

Weather hasn't even dropped below 30's yet overnight in Golden and we are going to see mid to lower 70's here this weekend. It has been gorgeous and looks like it should be for the second sale. Mid 30's over night and mid 50's during the day. Sign me up. Still plenty of time for something to blow in though, so no guarantees.

Hope all the positive people have fun! The in-person second sale has always been a blast. Regardless of weather.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Maybe I shouldn't mention the clearance table of overstock and discontinued models with boxes, paperwork and warranty. At one of the sales I found a G-10 Puuko second with sheath for $100, but I put it back and bought an overstock first for $90 instead.