Sage 5 Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ASmitty

Sage 5 Question

Post by ASmitty »

Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching for it and couldn't find anything. I have a Sage 5 CF/G-10 from when they first came out. I also bought a Sage 5 LW when it came out. The LW version has an improved "PM2 style" pivot screw for lack of a better way to say it. This makes for a smoother action and better tolerances (and less adjusting). Were the later CF/G-10 models updated with the improved pivot screw or is it only the LW version that has it? I'd consider buying a newer CF/G-10 version if I knew it had the upgraded pivot screw.
Sharp Guy

Re: Sage 5 Question

Post by Sharp Guy »

ASmitty wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:18 am
Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching for it and couldn't find anything. I have a Sage 5 CF/G-10 from when they first came out. I also bought a Sage 5 LW when it came out. The LW version has an improved "PM2 style" pivot screw for lack of a better way to say it. This makes for a smoother action and better tolerances (and less adjusting). Were the later CF/G-10 models updated with the improved pivot screw or is it only the LW version that has it? I'd consider buying a newer CF/G-10 version if I knew it had the upgraded pivot screw.
I have not seen (or heard) that the Sage 5 was CQI'd to use the bushing pivot like the LW. I also have one from the first run and it's actually pretty good but it took some adjusting to get it to how I like it. Not sure but I'd probably buy a CQI'd version too
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:27 am
I have not seen (or heard) that the Sage 5 was CQI'd to use the bushing pivot like the LW. I also have one from the first run and it's actually pretty good but it took some adjusting to get it to how I like it. Not sure but I'd probably buy a CQI'd version too
Same for me. Takes some adjusting every time to get it how I like. And I carry, use, and maintain my CF/G-10 version enough that I'd love the more "set it and forget it" action that comes with the bushing pivot.
Unbrokenchain33

Post by Unbrokenchain33 »

Curious on this as well