Wire clip to replace the spoon clip?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Road Tripper

Wire clip to replace the spoon clip?

Post by Road Tripper »

I didn't turn up anything after a search, so thought I'd ask: Is there a clip similar to the Spyderco wire clip that would replace the three-screw spoon clip? For example, I'd like to use one on a Delica.

Thanks.
SG89

Re: Wire clip to replace the spoon clip?

Post by SG89 »

Mxg gear have deep carry clips that fit the Delica that have a cutout in the middle. That's the closest I can think of to a wire clip.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Custom pocket clips usually get rid of the wire clip... You'll certainly find a lot of the same kind of titanium clips !
Like @Spydergirl88 said, the mxg gear with the long cutout is pretty nice.
If you really want a wire clip you might wanna try to contact someone that could make a "custom" custom clip just for you, but it would cost a lot.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I have looked for one. I could not find one. I think the problem is that the slots the wires fit into are not on most scales. I would swap scales for the ability to get a wire clip instead of the flat spoon style. Wire clips are better IMO. Scale makers should offer replacement scales with the slots instead of the screw holes. I would pay extra to switch to a wire clip. I don’t see why they couldn’t anodize the wires in different colors too. People love choices and customizing their knives.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

Road Tripper wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:57 am
I didn't turn up anything after a search, so thought I'd ask: Is there a clip similar to the Spyderco wire clip that would replace the three-screw spoon clip? For example, I'd like to use one on a Delica.

Thanks.
That's actually an interesting idea I've never thought about.

Maybe you could try to make a mock-up ? An image is worth a thousand word.

Mind you, one advantage of the wire clip is to have one medium-sized screw, vs 3 smallish t8 for the spoon clip... so a 3 screws wire clip would remove that advantage.

From a failed-wannabe designer, I can tell you the problem would be the wireclip needing some cut in the scales to fit properly. Even with those cutout, they move a lot, so...