Giveaway!!![over]

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Josh Crutchley

Giveaway!!![over]

Post by Josh Crutchley »

This past month has been crazy for me let alone the rest of the year. My 34th birthday just passed and I almost didn't make it much farther. I found out I have Long QT Syndrome that puts me at risk of sudden cardiac death. I didn't know until I suffered multiple syncope episodes from ventricular tachycardia that sent me to the ER. Everything is going good now I'm out of the hospital with a Zoll Life Vest defibrillator. I may need a pacemaker but I'm just happy to be alive. I don't really use social media much but this forum has been here when I needed so I just want to pay it back.

The knife is a used UKPK in BD1N. It's not perfect but it's still in great shape.

[attachment=0]20210816_203135~2.jpg[/attachment]
Only open to members that existed before the creation of this post. It will also be limited to the US lower 48. I don't think it's worth shipping overseas and possibly getting taken by customs. It will run for one week and a random number generator will be used going by your post number. All you need to do is leave a message saying "I'm in."
Attachments
20210816_203135~2.jpg
Last edited by Josh Crutchley on Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikey177

Re: Giveaway!!!

Post by mikey177 »

Life is indeed a precious gift.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Sorry to hear about that Josh! That is pretty scary. It's good you discovered it sooner rather than later though, and I'm glad to hear that things have stettled down a bit for you. We'll be praying for your continued improvement!

Thanks for the generous give-away! I'm in.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Wow, that’s a rough road you’ve been on! Happy you’re alive and on the road to recovery.

Good luck to everyone who enters.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

Praise God for the gift of life.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

Thanks. I’m in. Sounds like you need an AICD, that would do the work of your life vest but internally. More features than the pacemaker. Feel free to PM me if you have questions. I know a little about this subject.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Not going in for this, but kudos for the giveaway and wishing you good health!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Glad to hear things worked out for you, Josh. Stay strong. :)
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I don't need another knife, but just wanted to wish you the best Josh. As some of the others said, life is a gift. Here's hoping you get to live the heck out of it. Slàinte mhath [good health].
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

Wow that’s so scary!! I’m glad that you were able to get a diagnosis before anything terrible happened. I also really appreciate your giveaway offer. Best of luck and may god bless you. I’m in.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I have this knife already and it truly is a great one. I applaud your sharing your celebration that you're alive. I think that's a healthy way to go. So many meds have an effect on QT that you'll need to be very vigilant. Just from my own family's experience on various rare medical issues, you'll now need to become the expert on what meds affect QT rhythm and beware of meds being stacked that may "only" have a "slight" affect on QT rhythm. But congrats! You have a much better shot now at a long and healthy life!
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Best of health to you. Thanks for sharing, it helps other guys, be ok being vulnerable too.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

“I’m in”
Great give away!
I can relate in some way to your near demise experience having had one five years ago. I’ll spare you all the details. the rest of my life is a gift on a gift and I wish you a long and healthy life.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Scarey! Glad you’re in the mend, Josh.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

I’m in. Glad to hear you are doing better.
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

Sorry for your condition.

Kick its posterior!

Not in as I am north of the border. Great gesture though.

Cheers and good luck.
Erik
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Good luck with your medical needs, glad you have a diagnosis.

Thanks for the generous offer.

I'm in.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

I'm very sorry to learn about your condition. Glad you're doing better!

Not in, but it's very kind of you to do such a thing.

Hope it works out for you and that you're able to stay healthy and enjoy many more years on this little rock.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm not in, but would also like to wish you the best of the luck, that's terrifying. Glad you seem to be doing better, and there are options going forward. Far too young for this stuff!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm not in either but thanks for the GAW. I just wanted to say sorry that you're having issues and I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Keep the great attitude and know that we're here if you need
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!