My two newest spydercos are quite the contrast

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
metaphoricalsimile

My two newest spydercos are quite the contrast

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

I didn't purchase them to carry together, but at the same time the Jester handily answers the question of "what to use when I don't want to pull out a 4" blade in front of people"

So far I'm loving both knives. I love how the NC feels in hand and how it drops shut so readily as soon as you hit the back lock. Honestly I'll probably sell my Endura now that I have this because it hardly carries any bigger but it feels better in hand, has a nicer action, and more cutting edge.
TomAiello

Re: My two newest spydercos are quite the contrast

Post by TomAiello »

Very nice!

I'm really surprised at how much I'm loving the jester. I've carried a ladybug for years (it's my keychain knife, so I always have it even though I rotate others) and the front jimping on the jester is a real eye opener for me. I'm surprised at how much more I like it than my ladybug.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Looking forward to the FRN Chief... that one will potentially challenge MY Enduras too...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:07 am
Looking forward to the FRN Chief... that one will potentially challenge MY Enduras too...
Yeah I would really love an FRN LC200N chief. Talk about a collection buster right there :O
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

The FRN police has really been the endura killer for me. I always wished the endura had a choil, and the police and chief both meet that need nicely.
vivi

Post by vivi »

If there were Chief Salts or Police Salts, I'd likely move on from Pacifics too. Until that day, they'll be a prominent member of my rotation.
:unicorn
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I cannot wait to get that Native Chief too!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
God'sMyJudge

Post by God'sMyJudge »

these are my latest too! i love them both but the chief is so gooood.