Streaming TV through VPN

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Sharp Guy

Re: Streaming TV through VPN

Post by Sharp Guy »

Superflex wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:16 pm
Anytime TV is an IPTV service out of Indiana
$15/month
4300 channels (lots of local and foreign channels). All the premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, ESPN+, etc
Only works on Amazon firestick or an Android smart TV.
Google it. Looks like a shady site but I have been using it for over a year. Josh, the owner provides rapid replies if you have any questions or need help.
So we've been using YouTube TV and like it. It's easy for my girl to navigate etc. So we're going with that for now. But I still need to figure out how to watch my out of market sports teams. I tried using a VPN service and that didn't work. So I started looking into Anytime TV. It took me a little bit to figure everything out but now that I have the app installed in my Firestick it's pretty awesome. I only have it on the TV in my office for now but I might have to put it on my main TV too. The video quality is kind of spotty but not too worried about that. Thanks for suggesting IPTV

EDIT: I fixed the video quality issue. Now it's even more awesome!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

It's been 5 or 6 years since I have had satellite or cable TV. Streaming is where it's at if you have an internet connection that can support it. I have 1gig internet at my place now but the new place can only get internet fast enough for the stone age so I have been researching Starlink to see if it will support the streaming my Family does and be reliable enough. From what I can tell it is pretty good so far but of course has it's issues but that is better than stupid slow internet that takes forever just to load a webpage. That would give me dial-up flashbacks. LOL
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mike Slayer wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:56 pm
It's been 5 or 6 years since I have had satellite or cable TV. Streaming is where it's at if you have an internet connection that can support it. I have 1gig internet at my place now but the new place can only get internet fast enough for the stone age so I have been researching Starlink to see if it will support the streaming my Family does and be reliable enough. From what I can tell it is pretty good so far but of course has it's issues but that is better than stupid slow internet that takes forever just to load a webpage. That would give me dial-up flashbacks. LOL
I was a little leery of having buffering issues but it's actually been fine so far. I've been testing 4K and it's ok but occasionally the image gets pixelated for a few seconds. So I probably won't be paying extra to have 4K content. I get 4K on Netflix and Prime Video without issue but I rarely look for 4K. So I don't think I need it for regular TV.

I'm doing this because I'm tired of paying a lot of money for live TV. My internet bill pretty pricey too for what it is. But having to pay more to increase the speed so I can stream kind of defeats the purpose. So I'm only going to shop for better internet if I absolutely have to
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

Last time I remember having Dish Network I was paying over $200 a month. We had all the movie channels and a bunch of other stuff. Most of the channels I never watched and I would still find times when I couldn't find anything I wanted to watch. When streaming I can browse whatever I want to and watch it on demand. Instead of live TV with a lot of channels I prefer no channels just different streaming services with everything on demand at my fingertips to watch whenever I please. I can understand keeping satellite or cable if you are limited on internet services or the higher speed ones I just expensive. The streaming services and 1Gig internet cost less than the Dish Network we use to have did and we still had internet at the same time. I have a feeling as time goes on and internet services become better and more stable along with the streaming services, satellite and cable will die off. I would imagine they are already feeling it already but it will get worse.