Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wandering_About

Re: Manix 2

Post by Wandering_About »

The Manix is certainly worth a try. A good knife, for sure. I still prefer the PM2 myself. It just feels more right to me in all situations, and I do like the compression lock better than the CBBL.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
izzoyournizzo

Post by izzoyournizzo »

I prefer a Manix 2. I think the ergonomics is better than the PM2. I have a few of them but my favorite and workhorse is Manix 2 LW in Rex45. This knife is very easy to keep sharp and stays that way for a while. It's easy and fun to flip as well.
Jared

Post by Jared »

I have both, I love both. I guess I have more Manix models than PM2s, but that’s partly because I had to try all 3 flavors of Manix (standard, LW, and XL).

Between the Manix 2s I own and the Paramilitary 2s I own I’d say if I had to pick one as a favorite it would be the Manix 2 XL but that may be somewhat sentimental as my wife and daughter made that bad boy my Father’s Day gift last year. But the ergos work extremely well for me and I find it makes an awesome outdoors folded for me.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear AustinBrown:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

Manix 2 was my second spydie and the first one I really fell in love with…. It was my edc for a very long time.

Took me ages to buy a PM2 because it felt cliche, now it’s what I reach for almost every time I want to carry something in that size range.

Both are great knives. I prefer the ergonomics and aesthetics of the Manix 2, but the PM2 tends to win out by being much smaller in the pocket.