My dream Smock !

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

My dream Smock !

Post by elena86 »

I love this knife more and more. It's not only good looking but also an awesome performer. That cool blade(edge) shape combined with the (thin behind the edge) hollow grind is the winner combo in my book. I own four so far, two in S30V, the Knifejoy exclusive in 20CV and the DLT exclusive red G10 in M390 which is my fav so far. I was not interested in the BHQ exclusive just because I am not crazy about tool steels in my folders. That being said I can only dream of a denim blue G10 Smock in SRS15. One can only dream :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Re: My dream Smock !

Post by kodai78 »

I’m hoping for a regular production model in S45 VN or LC 200 N with not black scales. I would buy one in black but then add aftermarket scales if this came to pass. The Smock is easily the best implementation of the compression lock so far. I don’t think going forward I will buy multiple examples of knives in different steels anymore but I’m making an exception for the Smock.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Matus

Post by Matus »

Juat out of curiosity - what particular property of the SRS-15 makes you want it in the Smock?
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
izzoyournizzo

Post by izzoyournizzo »

I'm so sad I missed out on the K390. I love the Smock platform and hope to own more as well. It would be so awesome to see a Smock in MagnaCut.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I'm waiting for a dlc Smock. Extra points for stormtrooper white scales!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Matus wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:13 pm
Juat out of curiosity - what particular property of the SRS-15 makes you want it in the Smock?
CPM-CruWear is my all time fav (non-stainless)steel. Almost perfect balance of properties: toughness, edge retention, sharpenability and decent corrosion resistence. SRS15 is as close as possible to a stainless Cruwear. Imagine that…
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

razehound

Post by razehound »

elena86 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:22 pm
Matus wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:13 pm
CPM-CruWear is my all time fav (non-stainless)steel. Almost perfect balance of properties: toughness, edge retention, sharpenability and decent corrosion resistence. SRS15 is as close as possible to a stainless Cruwear. Imagine that…
Magnacut?
-razehound :spyder: Spydiechef, Paramilitary 2, Para 3 LW, Salt 2 SE, Spydiechef, Para 3 LW

I'd rather get caught with it than without it...
Matus

Post by Matus »

elena86 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:22 pm
Someone is following trippleB :D I guess I should try this steel in a kitchen knife at some point too.
fatsubie

Post by fatsubie »

I like to see Smock with S90v and real carbon fiber scales.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

fatsubie wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:39 am
I like to see Smock with S90v and real carbon fiber scales.
Great combo. I like S90V quite alot. Just bring it !
Marius

( Rabindranath Tagore )

Hullk

Post by Hullk »

An S90V Smock with Forest Green G10 scales would be real nice
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

After getting the BHQ, I'm really sold on the design. I MagnaCut version... well they couldn't make enough of those.
Matus

Post by Matus »

I am still on the fence about the ergonomics - but that is purely based on photos as I did not have a chance to get one in hand. But it IS a very cool knife and one of the very few with a hollow grind.

Carbon fiber sounds like a nice option, but given the amount of custom scales, I would probably go that route (with something from Fatcarbon stuff), I would only be concerned about the blade steel - k390, 4V, Rex 45 ... Spyderco has many great options available.
notfixingit

Post by notfixingit »

Matus wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:16 am
I am still on the fence about the ergonomics - but that is purely based on photos as I did not have a chance to get one in hand. But it IS a very cool knife and one of the very few with a hollow grind.

Carbon fiber sounds like a nice option, but given the amount of custom scales, I would probably go that route (with something from Fatcarbon stuff), I would only be concerned about the blade steel - k390, 4V, Rex 45 ... Spyderco has many great options available.
I agree on the ergo's.. My dream would be smock type blade in a PM2 Liner/Handle with the button comp lock and Cruwear, S90V, or something along those lines

*edit might be a bad idea, not all my dreams are good ones =)
----------------------------------------------------
Spyderco and Tops enthusiast
Obsessed with DLC Cruwear for some reason
Knives, Guns, and Watches, yes please

- Tom aka NotFixingIT