Anyone watch Project Farm on YouTube?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Josh Crutchley

Anyone watch Project Farm on YouTube?

Post by Josh Crutchley »

He does some really good comparisons and reviews. The items are paid for by his Patreon so no shill videos. He just did a cool one on side cutters with various models. https://youtu.be/6bnqFwAf7HM It ended with destructive testing, very thorough. The one thing that stood out was one of the cutters selling points was it had an iron carbide edge that's better than competing stainless cutters. Those marketers will use anything they can to sell more product.
ChrisinHove

Re: Anyone watch Project Farm on YouTube?

Post by ChrisinHove »

I like this channel. Not all the things he tests are available here, but enough are to make watching worthwhile.

His review of the Sharpmaker was a bit controversial, though!
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:20 pm
I like this channel. Not all the things he tests are available here, but enough are to make watching worthwhile.

Oh really I never saw that one.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Have watched quite a few of his videos. Haven't had the need for any of the things I've watched him test, but his methods do seem a lot more honest than many of the other YouTube equipment reviewers.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Not as annoyingly verbose as most reviewers. I'll check out more of his stuff and see how it goes. Thanks for mentioning the channel.

As far as the content, I have the Irwin, Channellock and Dewalt...I prefer the Irwin above the others by a wide margin and use them almost daily in the shop.
Nick D. Fingerz

Post by Nick D. Fingerz »

Unscientific tests with a sample size of one, same as all the other self promoters posing as tool testers. Cutting a drill bit? Nonsense.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Nick D. Fingerz wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:26 pm
Unscientific tests with a sample size of one, same as all the other self promoters posing as tool testers. Cutting a drill bit? Nonsense.
I agree. Cutting a nail is one thing. Deck screw? Drill bit? Socket extension? Why would you even try to cut that stuff with diagonal cutters? I usually enjoy his videos but this one was stupid.

I use mine (knipex, although I own channelock and Klein too) for cutting wire and zip ties. I use my linemans pliers for anything like screws and nails (heavier duty, more leverage and designed for it). If I wanted to cut a drill bit (although I don't see why you would) I would grab bolt cutters.

Right tool for the job.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nick D. Fingerz wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:26 pm

Well, for example his head to head oil tests, they may not fit in with what NASA would do, but for the average guy doing his own oil changes it's at least something more than just going by what the jug says. Most people I know who do their own oil, even hardcore car guys will swear by a certain oil brand but when I ask them why they never have a solid reason beyond "well this car went x amount of miles and I change the oil every 3k miles" which realistically you'll get from any oil brand if you change it that often. Sure you'd get better results from a larger sample size but until someone does a test like this and does it 100k times this is pretty good info.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:20 pm

And he's not the only one I've seen talk about the Spyderco 204 Sharpmaker that had no idea about the design or purpose of the tool. Unless you actually use the Sharpmaker and study the video that comes with it and read the instructions that they give you>> you wouldn't have a clue of all the jobs you can do with the 204 Sharpmaker.

Unless someone has been an avid user of the 204 Sharpmaker for at least a full year I really don't want to hear their input on it at all.