AR lower receiver

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Josh Crutchley

AR lower receiver

Post by Josh Crutchley »

I just found out my sister in law works for 17 Designs and Manufacturing in Oklahoma. I've never heard of them until today. She works in the QC department. Has anyone heard of them before? If so do the make a decent lower?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: AR lower receiver

Post by Doc Dan »

I don't know from personal experience. I do not find any negative reviews and I note Brownell's caries their products.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

I've built a few rifles using their lowers for customers/friends...quality is very good but be assured they have very tight tolerances and that can create problems with assembly. My suggestion is to have a couple LPK's (lower parts kits) available to be able to swap things around for the fit adjustments (I had to try several various parts combinations to get the fit I wanted for proper function.)

I'd rather do it that way rather than filing/grinding/polishing on the insides of a new receiver.
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

OldHoosier62 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:43 pm
I've built a few rifles using their lowers for customers/friends...quality is very good but be assured they have very tight tolerances and that can create problems with assembly. My suggestion is to have a couple LPK's (lower parts kits) available to be able to swap things around for the fit adjustments (I had to try several various parts combinations to get the fit I wanted for proper function.)

I'd rather do it that way rather than filing/grinding/polishing on the insides of a new receiver.
Well I guess she's doing a good job! I have no experience building guns or even assembling them. I lived in West Virginia for 13yrs out in the mountains and had plenty of experience with hunting rifles and pistols. There was the occasional AK or SKS that I was able to shoot but never an AR style rifle. I know quite a bit about firearms and like most of Armalites designs like the Ar-10 and Ar-50. My parent's where both in the US Air Force as jet engine mechanics. It was my dad that got me interested in guns with the A-10 warthogs gatling gun.