What’s your best made Spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

Re: What’s your best made Spydie?

Post by Mushroom »

I'll just echo those that said the One-Eyed Jack! In my opinion, it's the closest thing to a custom made knife that Spyderco has ever made. It's really an incredible piece.
- Nick :bug-red
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

You guys are killing me! I've managed to find a dealer who has a One-Eyed Jack in stock. I've also found a dealer that has an Advocate in stock..... Both speak to me.... I will say before I got into Spydies the One Eyed Jack always appealed to me because of the resemblance to classic slippies of yore.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I say it all the time:
Linerless Fluted Carbon Fiber S90V Native
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Whilst it’s nothing anybody really wants anymore, you have to admire the craftsmanship that went into the older pinned models. I’d say my Kopa is my best made Spyderco. It’s not quite custom level with very slight imperfections where the bolsters meet the inlay but it is very close.

Everything else is flush both with the blade open and closed. No blade play other than expected slight up and down as is expected from older lock backs. Quite an achievement when the construction isn’t really adjustable.
PineyBoy

Post by PineyBoy »

Best made beauty would be my Kapara. Best for solid performance is still my PM2.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

The Hungarian was amazing
archangel

Post by archangel »

Bemo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:28 pm
You guys are killing me! I've managed to find a dealer who has a One-Eyed Jack in stock. I've also found a dealer that has an Advocate in stock..... Both speak to me.... I will say before I got into Spydies the One Eyed Jack always appealed to me because of the resemblance to classic slippies of yore.

I don't own the OEJ, but I'm confident that if you flip a coin and leave it up to fate which of the two to get, you'll get a marvelous Spydie. :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...