Elastic Ceramic. Wow!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
legOFwhat?

Re: Elastic Ceramic. Wow!

Post by legOFwhat? »

JestersHK wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:29 pm
Does anyone know how long it takes from "Coming Soon" to in stock?

Fingers crossed this doesn't hit while I'm out of service area in the woods, but that would be my luck...
Kristi will post it up a couple of weeks ahead with the drop date. Just check the forum and you'll see it posted at the top.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
vanka

Post by vanka »

Between 1 week to 1 year. Jokes aside, Spyderco is overwhelmed right now, so it will comes out when it comes out.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

JestersHK wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:29 pm
Does anyone know how long it takes from "Coming Soon" to in stock?

Fingers crossed this doesn't hit while I'm out of service area in the woods, but that would be my luck...
Nobody knows how long it will be before it happens but, like Larry said...
TazKristi will make a thread with the release info and sticky it in the Announcements section at the top of the forums a week or two before the actual drop.
•• Beau
JestersHK

Post by JestersHK »

Thanks guys, I thought I remembered seeing those messages up top, but wasn't sure if they did it for each drop. That makes me feel much better.
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:58 pm
That is insane! Would you mind sharing other views of that super cool thinned out mule?
I posted pictures before but I couldn't find it so I reposted.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=95716
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1282498669 ... -1-7&sca=1

These people make some sweet mule team carbon fiber scales. Use carbon fiber, micarta or g-10 for pins for an all, no metal theme?
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Like the idea of no metal! Handle material is what I'm waffling on....
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Having the end of the scale at a slightly different angle than the plunge line is making my OCD act up!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:35 pm
Having the end of the scale at a slightly different angle than the plunge line is making my OCD act up!
Skeezes me out a bit too. I think if it were nowhere near the angle, I wouldn't car so much but what is that, 5-10 degrees off? looks extra out of sorts for that reason, IMO.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

:worried
Bolster wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:35 pm

The price is making my OCD go off the radar :winking-tongue
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Murat_Cyp

Post by Murat_Cyp »

Is there a consensus about how to sharpen that thing? I remember KaseKnives suggesting stropping with high grid diamond lapping papers. While this might be good for maintaining the edge, I suspect it is not feasible to fix the chips or alter the secondary bevel angle.
emanuel

Post by emanuel »

Murat_Cyp wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:13 am
Is there a consensus about how to sharpen that thing? I remember KaseKnives suggesting stropping with high grid diamond lapping papers. While this might be good for maintaining the edge, I suspect it is not feasible to fix the chips or alter the secondary bevel angle.
I sharpen it on 3-4 overlapped printing papers placed on a wood table, I found that's the perfect amount of "give" for stropping it. I use 1 micron diamond paste. I dont have any chips yet, but it would be hard to remove them without a powertool, this thing is on a whole other scale compared with high carbide steels. You'd probably want to go with diamond plates and then starting 30 microns and up to switch to paper in order to grind down the microchips from the plate use.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

-Larry
MNOSD #0049
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

Murat_Cyp wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:13 am
Hopefully we can Shawn(aka BBB aka Big Brown Bear aka Triple B aka Deadboxhero) Houston in here with some suggestions. Does anyone know how to tag someone on here?
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

"Bueller? Bueller?"
JestersHK

Post by JestersHK »

I hope Sal doesn't mind the quote but did all of you guys waiting for this mule to drop see this!?!

"We're just getting ready to deliver his last challenge (Hi Impact Ceramic (HIC). And what a "mutha" of a project that turned out to be. I had zoom conferences with Switzerland, special tooling for the injection molding, Special drilling and sharpening. Don't know how many knife companies would/could do it? At 3mm, it's more of a "Sport knife" that a kitchen knife and I don't think there is anything quite like it in the market."

Sounds like we are getting real close and I for one am super excited. I hope they made enough we can maybe pick up 2 or 3...
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

Slept on this one actually being of interest to me. Here's to hoping I have the funds available once this MULE is released for at least one (hopefully two :crossed-fingers).
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
Slicespice

Post by Slicespice »

I wonder when we'll get news of this...the "soon" has dragged out a little!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Coming Soon - February 7th - 9am MST

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2xUPztN1sS ... luNXI2ODBn
-Nick :bug-red
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

Welp, this one came too soon. Have to sit this one out, though I'm looking forward to usage reports.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.