DLT Kapara Exclusive!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

Re: DLT Kapara Exclusive!

Post by JSumm »

bjz wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:04 am
Okay, thanks everyone! After looking at what I’ve acquired this year, I can only pick up one “oh shoot, Taichung prices are going way up” knife before the end of the year. I’m choosing the Watu!

I’ve been wanting one all year…

I tried using a SS stretch as a “kitchen adjacent” knife, which is what I really see a kapara as, and keeping it clean got to be a pain so I just started keeping my Bow River in that spot. I’ve tried to make an effort to carry the stretch 2, but the handle is longer than I prefer, especially when the tenacious (and harrier) fit my hand perfectly and has more edge length.

Soooo, for now, I’m going to sit tight on a kapara (I’ll prob end up with one in the future as it’s mighty classy. But perhaps I’ll try and get one in hand first!

Thanks again for all the input, and Jeff, those pictures were perfect!
It's a great model! Hope you enjoy. Really does pack a lot of edge into a small footprint.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Aww, I see Julia created this thread. I miss her!! She was one of the regulars for quite a while, haven't seen her around in a bit.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bjz

Post by bjz »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:19 am
It's a great model! Hope you enjoy. Really does pack a lot of edge into a small footprint.
Thanks! Ever since picking up a tenacious LW/SE I am all about lots of edge in a small footprint. I also like being about to get my hand right up behind the edge.

Usually my general weekend edc bounces between a chap lw and UKPN. I’m kinda expecting that this Watu will see the bulk of my casual weekend pocket time.