Buying a mule?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Jkat

Buying a mule?

Post by Jkat »

Hey, I'm new here. I just learned about this and I'm really excited to buy a mule. The website shows 3 versions and they all say "coming soon"... Any idea when they're available? Do I just keep checking back at the website? Thanks!

Edit- do they sell out quickly?
TazKristi

Re: Buying a mule?

Post by TazKristi »

Jkat wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:38 pm
Hey, I'm new here. I just learned about this and I'm really excited to buy a mule. The website shows 3 versions and they all say "coming soon"... Any idea when they're available? Do I just keep checking back at the website? Thanks!

Edit- do they sell out quickly?
Hi, Jkat:
We will post an announcement in the forum usually a week or two before a new Mule is released. Mule Teams are limited production, so they do tend to sell out quickly. Some quicker than others.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

My guess is that they will sell out quickly (at least the first of the new runs) because of pent up demand.

Z-Max will go _fast_ I'm sure. That's a new super steel that I'm sure everyone wants to try.

I really hope the runs are large. And I'd _love_ to see Spy27 Mules become regular production.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jkat,

Welcome to our forum. Hope you enjoy your time here.

And really to all of you.

The 600 pcs we usually make was a guess. That's what we thought the size of the market was. So quantity is also something we're watching. We don''t want to create a issue with getting them. It's really not a big profit item for the work that goes into making them. If we need to make more, we'll plan for more. Whats important is that any one that wants a "Piece of the Stuff" can get it, test it use it, beat it up and teach us all.

sal
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I will guarantee they disappear quickly. How do I know this? Because I'm super interested and can't watch for the announcement as diligently as others lol!
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

sal wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:58 pm
Hi Jkat,

Welcome to our forum. Hope you enjoy your time here.

And really to all of you.

The 600 pcs we usually make was a guess. That's what we thought the size of the market was. So quantity is also something we're watching. We don''t want to create a issue with getting them. It's really not a big profit item for the work that goes into making them. If we need to make more, we'll plan for more. Whats important is that any one that wants a "Piece of the Stuff" can get it, test it use it, beat it up and teach us all.

sal
Sal,

Do you have an educated guess on what month these new mules will go on sale? Will Spyderco wait for the stock to make the mule #30 before you put any up for sale? Thanks, I am excited for these.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

Is there a chance to get one in overseas?

ASF
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Possible, but overseas shipping is half as much as the knife.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi William,

Welcome to our forum.

They are released as they are finished. We don't quote dates of delivery as there are sometimes delays due to one reason or another.

sal
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

sal wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:09 pm
Hi William,

Welcome to our forum.

They are released as they are finished. We don't quote dates of delivery as there are sometimes delays due to one reason or another.

sal
Sal,

Sounds great, I have been holding onto a piece of rough cut cherry crotch cut wood for a special project. I would love to use it for a Handel on a mule. I just don’t want to miss the s-Max version, sounds great.
Attachments
Rough cut Cherry crotch cut
Rough cut Cherry crotch cut
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

yablanowitz wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:53 pm
Thats ok, we are used to that here :)

Id be very interested in trying to make a few handles, these look like a fantastic platform.

Do you know if they are released in lc200n often?

Ive had a look, seems there was some a few years ago but a bit hard to find now.

Thanks
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Salty Dog wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:50 am
yablanowitz wrote:

Id be very interested in trying to make a few handles, these look like a fantastic platform.

Ive had a look, seems there was some a few years ago but a bit hard to find now.

Thanks
The Mule Team knives are only released once in each steel. Once they sell out, there aren't any more. If you want one in a steel that has already sold out (like LC200N) you'll have to buy it from someone who has one they are willing to part with. Some Mules bring crazy prices on the secondary market.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

yablanowitz wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:10 am
Salty Dog wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:50 am
yablanowitz wrote:

Thanks
The Mule Team knives are only released once in each steel. Once they sell out, there aren't any more. If you want one in a steel that has already sold out (like LC200N) you'll have to buy it from someone who has one they are willing to part with. Some Mules bring crazy prices on the secondary market.
Thanks for the advice Yab, I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for some lc200n mules.