Welcome to the Mule Team Sub-Forum!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
avmackey

Re: Welcome to the Mule Team Sub-Forum!

Post by avmackey »

A question about posting. How long until my post stop getting delayed for review? I've made a few posts that I don't think ever showed up.

Thanks,
Andy
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

avmackey wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:59 am
A question about posting. How long until my post stop getting delayed for review? I've made a few posts that I don't think ever showed up.

Thanks,
Andy
Hi, Andy:
All of your pending posts are live. You can find more information about why we moderate posts here.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
diirk

Post by diirk »

Just discovered the Mule Team even though I've been a Spyderco fan for many years.
I saw the announcement of the HIC and managed to get one. I was going to put some wood/resin sales on it, but didn't want to risk marring up the blade, so also ordered the G-10 scales. Then because I had the wood/resin scales I didn't want to go to waste, I ordered a CPM REX T15 to wrap them around.
I can see this being yet another hobby that keeps my out of my wife's hair.
I also do a little road racing, watch making and shooting.
The Myrtle is my EDC and one of my favorites.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, dirk:
Welcome to our forum! We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Artistformerlyknownas

Post by Artistformerlyknownas »

I’ve lost a bunch of pocket knives so I got to try a whole bunch and keep getting new favourites. Carried Native5 s30v(2), chaperel xts(x4), police 4 k390(x2) and now a manix 2 m390. I like k390 best but just switched to m390. For tool steel I cheat and a guided diamond sharpener/strop or can’t get it to treetop arm hair. Never tried a mule, will be trying aebl, 15v and k294. I’d like to see how sharpe I can get them and see how they are to use and resharpen. Also want to gift a friend a good really sharp fixed blade for light “outdoor use” in aebl
VeraX_Knives

Post by VeraX_Knives »

Artistformerlyknownas wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:19 pm
I’ve lost a bunch of pocket knives so I got to try a whole bunch and keep getting new favourites. Carried Native5 s30v(2), chaperel xts(x4), police 4 k390(x2) and now a manix 2 m390. I like k390 best but just switched to m390. For tool steel I cheat and a guided diamond sharpener/strop or can’t get it to treetop arm hair. Never tried a mule, will be trying aebl, 15v and k294. I’d like to see how sharpe I can get them and see how they are to use and resharpen. Also want to gift a friend a good really sharp fixed blade for light “outdoor use” in aebl

Oh hello there 👋 Kristi - forums I belong on, recommended and said this exact thing would happen as it inherently does lols 😆

I'll say this much for @Artistformerlyknownas, Abel is tougher than people think, these Abel-type carbon at 0.7% Cr steels are much.. more easily made albeit being a different process (ingot vs PM is.. more a marketing ploy TBH, until we get around 8-13% carbide, 5-8% primary volume alloys).

You'll like it here if you're a steel nerd. I can *almost* guarantee that their heat treatments are probably more advanced in some ways than my own using the software that is.. literally a guess. Not exactly scientific. They're as you already know are a company that knows what they're doing in a world of.. let's phrase that one better. A world where running such a business is.. quite literally impossible to actually do. It's exactly why I don't expand lol. So while they're busy doing day to day operations and I'm not going to say that the marketing feedback of a sprint run or such is not worth it. I am one that would actually say that it is worth it, albeit whether knowing the outcome is going to be, but that's not how you run a business as anyone with a brain knows. So I think it was an ingenious idea for both sides the consumers and the company. Personally I don't do marketing or advertising or anything like that you want to know me call me talk to me like a man please and thank you much, I'm an RD guy. Total nerd. I'll admit it. It's not that I don't need money or such it's.. what steps am I willing to take to keep it all US based even if next to everything is "assembled" in the USA saying made is a legal deal.

G10 scales? Assembled. Wood from outside Denver? Made. Heck I could get into the production products as well belts machines etc (I'm very interested actually as I'm thinking about this... Legally I believe that I could actually argue that it's different depending on the company and how smart their lawyers write paperwork, and I'm not sure what exactly would happen but interesting nonetheless) do those have to be US made or US serviced? Slippery slope there. Leave it to the litigators that have nothing better to do ah heck Jay this is your contribution to the downfall of the US or A! Aha.

Regardless, someone who thinks they know what they're doing thinks that you'll probably... Be surprised with the strength of steel from the alloys you are used to I've never used m390 it's just the worst alloy I have ever seen period. But if anyone knows how to make it work - these guys do. I can honestly say that I have Rockwell tested all of my Spydercos exactly correct. Not many TBH: Maxamet s110v s90v..at this id like to test their magnacut heat treats but I'm too busy for that unfortunately, uh I guess you can add "HIC" to that one but I'm calling it TTZ/ZTA [it's the last one I think] but I can't test that it requires a different differential depth tester.

You and your friends should enjoy it here. What's able to be done with steel is... Not exactly what you learned growing up and I'm 33 lol so from my.. grandfather to myself (1950-2024ish) I continually to be surprised with testing from what I learned in books over a decade. Let everyone know what you think about it. That's kinda the main reason for this stuff and opinions are.. opinions lol. Even scientific opinions.

- Jason
You say E = mc² × I argue E² = m²c⁴ + p²c²
Jason Ward shockey01@gmail.com +1 412-726-8610 My Discord