What watch you're wearing?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vivi

Re: What watch you're wearing?

Post by vivi »

:unicorn
max808

Post by max808 »

I found my perfect watch: PRW-3000YT-1JF
prw3000yt1jf001.jpg
I think this one may have cured my watch affliction...
:cheap-sunglasses
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Seiko Turtle is my daily driver

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I also like the Casio Protrek PRW3500

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Anybody have an Apple Watch? If so, how is it?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:33 am
I've been wearing an Apple Watch for nearly four years. Prior to that, I didn't wear a watch. The utility of the Apple Watch won me over, though. The biggest benefits are derived if you're running a Mac and an iPhone because of the way they all connect.

Off the top of my head, here are some of the things I like and use most. First of all, Siri, the personal assistant, does many of the functions through voice commands. Functions I use are timers, alarms, calendar events, reminders, phone calls (handy when there's no phone, but not as good as a phone), messaging (iMessage blows SMS and Android out of the water), home lighting, thermostats, garage doors, map navigation (not as good as phone, but supplements phone's capabilities), music, working tracking (Strava!).

It will do a bunch of other things, as well, but those are the high points for me. The screen is small, so watches will never be as good as phones, which will never be as good as tablets, which will never be as good as desktops. My only recommendation is to get the one with cellular capability. It's well worth the extra ten bucks a month.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:54 am
Doc Dan wrote:
I've been wearing an Apple Watch for nearly four years. Prior to that, I didn't wear a watch. The utility of the Apple Watch won me over, though. The biggest benefits are derived if you're running a Mac and an iPhone because of the way they all connect.

Off the top of my head, here are some of the things I like and use most. First of all, Siri, the personal assistant, does many of the functions through voice commands. Functions I use are timers, alarms, calendar events, reminders, phone calls (handy when there's no phone, but not as good as a phone), messaging (iMessage blows SMS and Android out of the water), home lighting, thermostats, garage doors, map navigation (not as good as phone, but supplements phone's capabilities), music, working tracking (Strava!).

It will do a bunch of other things, as well, but those are the high points for me. The screen is small, so watches will never be as good as phones, which will never be as good as tablets, which will never be as good as desktops. My only recommendation is to get the one with cellular capability. It's well worth the extra ten bucks a month.
Thanks! That is just the kind of feedback I was looking for. They are very, very expensive over here and I need a new computer, as well. Something to save up for.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:00 am
They are very, very expensive over here and I need a new computer, as well. Something to save up for.
Ugh. I feel your pain. I'm running Developer Beta software on some devices, but it failed on my desktop computer and tablet. It turns out that both are so old that they won't run the latest operating systems. It's no big deal, really. But it serves to remind me that one day in the not-to-distant future, I'm going to have to throw down a stack of cash.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Gads, having to buy a new computer and deal with the new “way” of cloud-based software subscription licensing is worse than running over your own foot with a mower. I’d rather run over the computer with the mower and not look back! Bah!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Over the course of this month I made a point to wear every watch I own at least once. I like doing that with things I'm thinkin about selling.

This Casio has been seeing some carry the past week or so.

If you go back through this thread it was the first one I bought as an adult. Probably should have just stopped here instead of getting a Garmin, Suunto, a bunch of field watches, GShocks, etc. This and a Shark Watch for when I want something thinner has me covered.

:unicorn
max808

Post by max808 »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:44 am
I also like the Casio Protrek PRW3500

Excellent choice Sir, that's a very capable watch.
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:54 am
Doc Dan wrote:

This pretty much sums it up for me, except I would add that the heart monitor and fall detector are useful for people of a certain age. My watch alerted me to a racing heart that turned out to be due dehydration & low electrolytes on days where I pushed too hard in the heat.

I also have many accounts that require MFA, so I use the watch as an easier way to get the codes.

Downsides? Lots of cloud information I have little or no control over and the watch is square and not round. All watches should be round! ;)
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:22 am
This pretty much sums it up for me, except I would add that the heart monitor and fall detector are useful for people of a certain age. My watch alerted me to a racing heart that turned out to be due dehydration & low electrolytes on days where I pushed too hard in the heat.
The heart monitor is kind of cool. I like to see my heart rate when I'm sleeping and when I'm exercising. The crash detector is another story. Maybe it will be useful some day, but now it's just a whole lotta awful. I've had it go off when I'm in the garage beating on metal, throwing heavy stuff into the truck, or shredding chunky downhills on the bike. In all of these instances, the environment is so loud that I can't tell that it's gone off, and it calls the authorities and my wife.
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

I've had it for a week. I think I fell in love :smiling-hearts

:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Very nice!
Is that the BB36 or 39?
(Oyster bracelet- I'm guessing previous 36?)
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

It's old 36mm.
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

standy99 wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:46 am
!!!???!!!
Seiko Submariner?
What the heck? :winking-tongue
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Cycletroll wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:20 am
standy99 wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:46 am
!!!???!!!
Seiko Submariner?
What the heck? :winking-tongue

A Seiko modder in Australia made it up for me with a Rolex case, bezel and dial. Being a watch guy it was a poke at the whole Rolex waiting list, limit supply games that are played nowadays.
Gets a few comments on a watch forum and Instagram when I post it :zany :zany

Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Love it!
Thanks for posting about it.
Great humor and a nice watch!