A White Christmas

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

A White Christmas

Post by MacLaren »

We awoke to a White Christmas πŸŽ„!
Did anyone else get a White Christmas this year?
Pokey

Re: A White Christmas

Post by Pokey »

Merry Christmas!

We didn't get any snow along the Front Range (east side of the Rockies) here in Colorado. It's going to be about 60Β°F (15.5Β°C) today. We're due for snow Monday/Tuesday. Can we send you the leftovers? ;)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Pokey wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:53 am
Merry Christmas!

We didn't get any snow along the Front Range (east side of the Rockies) here in Colorado. It's going to be about 60Β°F (15.5Β°C) today. We're due for snow Monday/Tuesday. Can we send you the leftovers? ;)
Hahaha!
Merry Christmas Pokey!
The high for toady will be 11Β° I'm afraid.
Now, tomorrow we'll play on the snow as it will reach 35Β°
And, yes, send that left over snow here to the Blue Ridge! It never snows like it used too :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

A White Christmas in North Carolina :confused: ?? That's weird because here in the KC Missouri area we still have relatively green lawns in many places. Now we did have a warmer than usual winter but there are many blue grass areas that look almost as green as they did in September. Now it is as cold as a rat's posterior ( 15 degree F) but it's sunny, clear and still looks much like autumn outside.

Other than hearing Bing Crosby sing his song by the same title yesterday that's about as close as we came to a White Christmas. I don't really like snow unless there are some winter sports you can enjoy with it. We actually get more ice than we do snow here in KC it seems.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:25 pm
A White Christmas in North Carolina :confused: ?? That's weird because here in the KC Missouri area we still have relatively green lawns in many places. Now we did have a warmer than usual winter but there are many blue grass areas that look almost as green as they did in September. Now it is as cold as a rat's posterior ( 15 degree F) but it's sunny, clear and still looks much like autumn outside.

Other than hearing Bing Crosby sing his song by the same title yesterday that's about as close as we came to a White Christmas. I don't really like snow unless there are some winter sports you can enjoy with it. We actually get more ice than we do snow here in KC it seems.
Yup! We have some mountains in Western NC
I live in the Blue Ridge at 3,000 feet. Most areas in my county though are 3500+ plenty enough elevation for some good snows and blizzards.
But, I detest really cold weather lol....
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:41 pm
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:25 pm

Yup! We have some mountains in Western NC
I live in the Blue Ridge at 3,000 feet. Most areas in my county though are 3500+ plenty enough elevation for some good snows and blizzards.
But, I detest really cold weather lol....
Yeah I forgot about those Appalachain Mtns in the west part of NC & TN both. I had some relation that lived in Gatlinburg TN area and it did seem like they got a lot of snow in this time of the year. And you're pretty far away from the coast which makes a difference too.

Here in KC we had a kind of hot autumn this year. We also had a lot of short sleeved shirt weather in November this year too which is not the norm. There were 3 weeks in October when everyone had their AC on. And like I said many lawns in the area ( the well fertilized ones) are still very green. The Bank 3 blocks away from my home had their grass cut the last time about 2 weeks ago. And that's not normal at all for this area.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Lucky you! Merry Christmas, Mac!

We have a decent bit of snow left from a nor'easter about a week ago but had heavy rains come through overnight and this morning, melting everything away.
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:53 pm

We have a decent bit of snow left from a nor'easter about a week ago but had heavy rains come through overnight and this morning, melting everything away.
Hey Mushroom!!?? what's it normally like up there in your neck of the woods in December? Because I've always heard that the east coast/New England area gets a lot of snow this time of the year.

I used to have a friend who lived in the state of Maine for a while a few miles north of Bangor and he said they had some really mean winters up there.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thank you, Nick!
And, Merry Christmas my friend!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Aside from pictures I haven't really seen snow since I moved to N. TX 5 years ago. I miss having a good snow but don't miss the frigid cold
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:39 am

Yep, it was supposed to snow up there. :cool:

Was too warm here until early morning, but the storms were well past us by then for it to snow.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

We normally always have snow here in Central NY, but we're in the upper 30's low 40's today and rain. Not a single speck of snow in sight. We've only had one snowfall so far this year that required the snowblower.

When I was a kid, we would literally have 3ft of snow on the ground throughout every winter season, plenty of lake effect storms. Not so much these days (though I appreciate it as the adult responsible for clearing the snow :) )

People can say they don't believe in global warming, but they can't convince anybody that has lived in this area their entire lives that it's not real!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:14 pm
We normally always have snow here in Central NY, but we're in the upper 30's low 40's today and rain. Not a single speck of snow in sight. We've only had one snowfall so far this year that required the snowblower.

When I was a kid, we would literally have 3ft of snow on the ground throughout every winter season, plenty of lake effect storms. Not so much these days (though I appreciate it as the adult responsible for clearing the snow :) )

People can say they don't believe in global warming, but they can't convince anybody that has lived in this area their entire lives that it's not real!
You aint whistlin Dixie Rick!.
Global warming is for real imo
We used to get so much more snow when I was a kid
It's amazing.....
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Sharp Guy wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:29 pm
Aside from pictures I haven't really seen snow since I moved to N. TX 5 years ago. I miss having a good snow but don't miss the frigid cold
With ya 1,000% on the frigid cold! :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:39 pm
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:39 am

Yep, it was supposed to snow up there. :cool:

Was too warm here until early morning, but the storms were well past us by then for it to snow.
Yeah, it moved in super fast here Jim
One minute it was relatively warm on my deck, the next minute the wind had a helluva bite to it and them ice and then ❄
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:04 pm
Sharp Guy wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:29 pm
With ya 1,000% on the frigid cold! :D
My work is literally right next to a lake, it's ALWAYS windy! So it's nice in the summer time, but sooooo cold outside there in the winter. So just know, any photos I post outside in the winter months...I freeze my a$$ off for those :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
benben

Post by benben »

Piedmont NC here, no snow, just very sunny and beautiful, and cold!

Merry Christmas guys, enjoy that snow Mac!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

benben wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:20 pm

Merry Christmas 🎁 πŸŽ… πŸŽ„
Thanx benben!
Will do buddy!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:06 pm

Hey Mushroom!!?? what's it normally like up there in your neck of the woods in December? Because I've always heard that the east coast/New England area gets a lot of snow this time of the year.

I used to have a friend who lived in the state of Maine for a while a few miles north of Bangor and he said they had some really mean winters up there.
Here around Boston, December tends to start out fairly mild but the weather changes fast. We can usually expect at least a little bit of snow in December but we got hit with a big storm this year. Maine gets a lot more snow than Massachusetts, especially up north as Bangor. Your friend wasn't lying about the winters in Maine, they can be brutal!

Last year was an unusually warm year here. The storm we got a week ago already eclipsed the snow totals for the entirety of winter last year. Some areas in New England were reporting snow totals of 45" inches! :eek: From one storm!
-Nick :bug-red
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

benben wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:20 pm

Oh yeah it got cold and fast, and it's really going to get cold tonight. :(