Switch Gamers

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Gsg9

Re: Switch Gamers

Post by Gsg9 »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:14 am
I read the article, looks like they updated the graphics quite a bit. Might be worth re-visiting.

My switch handles Skyrim just fine, and Assassin's Creed just fine, I can't imagine GTA 5 being that much worse.

It's a different engine, but the way Rockstar is now milking the cow we might see a GTA5 for Switch as well as for PS6, PS7, PS8, PS9, PS10...

Might not see the GTA6 anytime soon.

I've played Vice City Stories on a PSP and I enjoyed it, so these three on a better portable should be quite fun.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I've been mostly playing Everspace when I get a chance to play. It's an interesting space rouge-like. I find myself tempted by Metroid: Dread, but I keep hearing how difficult the game is.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

When this was released for download was in a terrible state basically unplayable.
Physical release had to be delayed for sometime in February due to the bad state of the gane.
GTA 3 and San Andreas are included on game card (should be ver. 1.0 .4).
Vice City requires full game download.
Now they went up to 1.06 hence many gigabytes of additional download, so in the end this is just a glorified download card.
I waited until I got some discount, it's just not worth the full price.

vivi

Post by vivi »

The Sega Genesis collection is on sale for $12. Really good deal, comes with about 40 games. Bunch of Sonic, Shinobi, Street of Rage etc. I've been playing through Sonic Spinball.
:unicorn
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

No Man's Sky - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch

This should be interesting if it fits on the card

https://youtu.be/PH3pXMmXhdI
NorWest_05

Post by NorWest_05 »

never used a switch,, got a pc tho and play some games..
vivi

Post by vivi »

Gsg9 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:15 am

How in the world did they manage to get it running on Switch? PS4's and even PS4 pros struggle with this game.

Either way that's awesome they managed to port it. I know it had a rocky launch to say the least, but I bought it on day 1 and absolutely loved it. Put hundreds of hours into it before any of the updates just cruising around different galaxies exploring.

Highly recommended to anyone that hasn't played it, assuming performance is ok.
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

vivi wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:06 pm
Gsg9 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:15 am

How in the world did they manage to get it running on Switch? PS4's and even PS4 pros struggle with this game.

Either way that's awesome they managed to port it. I know it had a rocky launch to say the least, but I bought it on day 1 and absolutely loved it. Put hundreds of hours into it before any of the updates just cruising around different galaxies exploring.

Highly recommended to anyone that hasn't played it, assuming performance is ok.
I wonder if they shortened the draw distance to reduce load? How big are Switch carts?
vivi

Post by vivi »

I think switch carts go up to 32 or 64gb. Most companies cheap out and use smaller cards and have users download the rest.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

They can reduce render resolution internally, draw distance, polygon count, shadows, texture, lighting and sound quality and so on. The cards used are up to 32GB at the moment, 64 wasn't used as neither publishers nor Nintendo are willing to absorb the costs. If it comes as download only I'll probably pass.

When it was originally released on PC it was unfinished, I think they were sued by fans but they kept patching and updating, should be better now.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

WRC10 for whoever likes rally, loads of content entire 2021 season 19 rallies 120 special stages in your pocket, controls are OK, 30FPS graphics so so, load times not so great

https://youtu.be/lVhB86C07i4&ab_channel=Nintendo
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Gsg9 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:59 am
WRC10 for whoever likes rally, loads of content entire 2021 season 19 rallies 120 special stages in your pocket, controls are OK, 30FPS graphics so so, load times not so great
Cool! I don't have a Switch but I've been doing a lot of driving on my PC lately. I have WRC10 FIA and Dirt Rally 2.0 but haven't given them as much attention as I should since I've been spending most of my time driving Formula 1 and GT cars. Not enough to for everything but I really enjoy the rally driving. So I'll change it up one of these days soon
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I just downloaded Star Wars The Force Unleashed for $20. Definitely a 12-year-old game, but still fun. Haven’t tried it with the joy cons yet.

I’m still mostly playing the heck out of Dragonball Xenoverse 2. Though it’s an 8-year-old game, they’re still supporting it with fresh DLC and there are still plenty of players online.
Last edited by kennethsime on Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:37 pm
Gsg9 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:59 am
Cool! I don't have a Switch but I've been doing a lot of driving on my PC lately. I have WRC10 FIA and Dirt Rally 2.0 but haven't given them as much attention as I should since I've been spending most of my time driving Formula 1 and GT cars. Not enough to for everything but I really enjoy the rally driving. So I'll change it up one of these days soon

If you have any other version the game looks much better and it's cheaper.
The only advantage of Switch version is portability

https://youtu.be/cIy3K2NLdgY
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

No Man’s Sky will be launching on Nintendo Switch on October 7th 2022, with all DLCs and physical edition as well: https://www.nomanssky.com/switch-update ... 053783.122

https://youtu.be/iJpjsF7x214
vivi

Post by vivi »

Been having a blast with this port. This was always my favorite Quake when it comes to single player.
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

@vivi I haven't had much time to play lately, but Quake 2 has been on my Switch for a few days now. This game is great, I remember playing deadmatch with my friends on Play Station 1 on split screen TV. It was a good time.

I think I'll buy Zelda Totk in the fall. Many people praise this game. I had a good time in Botw, I think it will be the same here.
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red