Busse TGLB

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Busse TGLB

Post by MacLaren »

This is my 1st ever Busse Combat Team Gemini.
Its a Light Brigade version. It is used. Has been stripped. But, professionally stripped by AZTimT - his stripitition finish. Has a convex edge and, I love it.
Really didn't think I would like more than my **** Razor II, but I believe I do! This blade feels phenomenal in hand. I dunno, it just does it, lol.....
Anyways, here's a couple pics.
MacLaren

Re: Busse TGLB

Post by MacLaren »

Busse Combat **** Razor II pics....
vivi

Post by vivi »

Busse makes a solid knife. I've been beating on one of their Scrapyard Dogfathers in S7 for over a decade now, no sign of quitting.

I used to go to an annual Busse collectors meeting when I lived in the Great Lakes region and those meet-ups were always fun. I'd bring the Dogfather and usually a couple smaller Bussekins, and a ton of Spydercos to show off. Both were always big hits.

I remember one trip where we all took our choppers out to some woods and let each other try them out, one of the guys lightly swinging my dogfather at tall grass and watching it effortlessly cut it down. He was impressed with that edge to say the least :)

Their community, at least back then, seemed really friendly just like Spydercos. Their owner is also very good about interacting with the community like Sal. If they had a different method of putting their knives up for sale I'm sure I'd own a lot more. I still check ebay for Swamp Rat Hairy Carrys, INFI Street Scrappers, Vex's, Scrapyard Mud Puppies and a few other smaller models I wouldn't mind owning again.
:unicorn
Red

Post by Red »

Gorgeous knives. I kinda look at these photos with my hand over my eyes because I am afraid to dip my toes in that pond, looks expensive. But man, absolutely beautiful knives!!!
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I have never yet used or owned a BUSSE knife. I've kept a close eye on the company over the years. I've talked to quite a few of the BUSSE fans over the years. At several knife shows I've been to over the years there seems like two companies that literally have a "cult like following">> those two companies are BUSSE and Microtech.

I've checked out many of BUSSE's blades but most of them are too wide for jobs I usually do with a fixed blade. But I will say that BUSSe and Microtech both sure have a big fan base.

If they ever make a more narrow blade that I prefer I may some day try one out.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

vivi wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:36 pm
Busse makes a solid knife. I've been beating on one of their Scrapyard Dogfathers in S7 for over a decade now, no sign of quitting.

I used to go to an annual Busse collectors meeting when I lived in the Great Lakes region and those meet-ups were always fun. I'd bring the Dogfather and usually a couple smaller Bussekins, and a ton of Spydercos to show off. Both were always big hits.

I remember one trip where we all took our choppers out to some woods and let each other try them out, one of the guys lightly swinging my dogfather at tall grass and watching it effortlessly cut it down. He was impressed with that edge to say the least :)

Their community, at least back then, seemed really friendly just like Spydercos. Their owner is also very good about interacting with the community like Sal. If they had a different method of putting their knives up for sale I'm sure I'd own a lot more. I still check ebay for Swamp Rat Hairy Carrys, INFI Street Scrappers, Vex's, Scrapyard Mud Puppies and a few other smaller models I wouldn't mind owning again.
Nice. Dogfathers are really cool. Especially one in S7.
I agree, its a fun group to hang out with.
Jerry makes some very, very, cool blades.
I've had quite a few in the past, but always had to sell them off to fund the next pipe dream, lol.
However, I am really very fond of this TGLB. So much so, that I don't plan on selling it anyways. I'm also gonna pull the trigger on that new TGULB - the ultra light version. Its 20% lighter and is only .20" thick.
JD, that may be your 1st Busse. :cool:
The Gemini also has that wonderful nuclear treatment, where everything is rounded and therefore no hot spots. It's a big reason I like the Gemini over the **** Razor II. Anyways, there all a lot of fun to play with.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:21 am
Are you still liking the HR2? I’m thinking about picking one up, any advice?
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hi Dane
Its been a long time since I've had a HellRazor II
But, I cannot recommend Busse Combat enough
The HRII is an extremely nice blade
Simply put, you can't lose bro
Go for it
vivi

Post by vivi »

funny seeing this old thread bumped. I recently came across some SW Hairy Carry knives for sale and might finally snag one to replace the one I sold back around 2012.
:unicorn
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah, those Swamp Rat Hairy Carry's are neat
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dazen wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:10 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:21 am
Are you still liking the HR2? I’m thinking about picking one up, any advice?
Keep me posted Dane.
I really do believe you will love it.
However, having had both, I can say that I like the SJTAC7 & the TACSAW7 a bit better than the HRII but, the HRII is cooler and just really freakin nice too.
Here's the Satin Jack Tac 7 & the Satin Jack Tac Saw 7
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Thanks for the reply and photos! I’m a sucker for clip points, which drew me to the HRII to begin with. Having never handled a Busse before it hard to make a decision.

Do you still have it? If not, why the sell?

Thanks
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dazen wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:09 pm
Thanks for the reply and photos! I’m a sucker for clip points, which drew me to the HRII to begin with. Having never handled a Busse before it hard to make a decision.

Thanks
Nope, I just got the itch for something else - goin down another rabbit hole 😆 and sold it to fund another - but.......today, I went ahead and ordered another HRII in Orange & Black - just like the one in the pic, like I used to have.
It's such a nice blade.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:21 pm
Dazen wrote:

Thanks
Nope, I just got the itch for something else - goin down another rabbit hole 😆 and sold it to fund another - but.......today, I went ahead and ordered another HRII in Orange & Black - just like the one in the pic, like I used to have.
It's such a nice blade.

Good to hear! Any issues with the steel the Busse uses?
Dane

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dazen wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:36 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:21 pm
Dazen wrote:

Thanks
It's such a nice blade.

Good to hear! Any issues with the steel the Busse uses?
Never. Not once.
Where's that TGULB?