Dragonfly vs Lil' Native

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Which knife

Dragonfly
52%
Lil' Native
48%

Total votes: 44

Wartstein

Re: Dragonfly vs Lil' Native

Post by Wartstein »

Have you considered a Chaparral FRN? Closed length only 3mm more than a Lil Native, but a lot thinner/slimmer, lighter in weight despite bombroof bulit with liners and steel backspacer and offering 20 % more cutting edge!
When using the choil good ergos even for XL hands, XHP steel and a much slicier, thinner, but still strong enough blade ...

Between DFly and Lil Native: DFly for me, no doubt.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

This thread has been helpful. I have a Dragonfly, but was curious about the Lil' Native Lockback. But so many of you favor the D-fly, that I think I'll just be content with it.
Last edited by RustyIron on Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

Between the two, I would go Dragonfly. I prefer a thinner blade on a small knife, and thinner profile. Especially considering I prefer clipless pocket carry most of the time. The thinner blades slice better which is why, as others mentioned, the chaparral is such a great choice. I tend to not use pocket carry for more hard use tasks. Though what the dragonfly can do is impressive.
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

Lil Native is my choice, nice chunky ergo's, and G10 scales. The DF just feels to small especially with the frn scales. However for a small knife I would choose the Chap
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

I have both, the Dfly and the LNCL. I prefer the Lil’ Native. It feels sturdier, like a little tank of a knife. And while its comp lock can be improved so that the ricasso does not hit your finger when closing the blade, it is still very fidgety and fast.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:58 pm
Have you considered a Chaparral FRN? Closed length only 3mm more than a Lil Native, but a lot thinner/slimmer, lighter in weight despite bombroof bulit with liners and steel backspacer and offering 20 % more cutting edge!
When using the choil good ergos even for XL hands, XHP steel and a much slicier, thinner, but still strong enough blade ...

Between DFly and Lil Native: DFly for me, no doubt.
You beat me to it. I was going to suggest the Chaparral light weight.

I have the Dragonfly and the Lil Native back lock. I have 2XL hands. The LN is more hand filling but is not a good cutter. It is kind of clunky and chunky. I like it fine as a stout small knife. The Dragonfly, on the other hand, is a better cutter. It is lighter, more refined. I can use the DF and it works well enough that I can ignore the slightly small feel.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050