Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lsal

Re: Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Post by Lsal »

BladeHQ hasn’t dropped yet.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Did DLT drop?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

jb19 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:02 pm
Any other knife dealers that haven't dropped the shaman yet

DLT?
Cutlery Shoppe?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Just shy of 3 dozen available on the bay.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
AmpliFyre

Post by AmpliFyre »

dlt has not dropped yet
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

Still available at Knivesandtools. The price is a little bit higher compared to US MAP, but, as I mentioned earlier, not too far for European prices.
The best price to expect here will be around 240 - 250 €, I'd guess.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Somehow I managed to be out of the loop on these; I knew they were coming but it’s happening!!! I missed the Cruwear Shaman, I’d really like to get one of these.
Last edited by Woodpuppy on Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

Knivesandtools has (at least!) one less than they had a couple of days ago. Mine arrived today and I'm keeping it! It's flawless and as lovely as could be. Fantastic design + the best handle material on the planet = what's not to like!
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Anyone bought from Deadwood Knives? Seem to have some stock they're selling at just below MSRP.

https://deadwoodknives.com/p-c229mpzw-s ... e-c229mpzw
Lsal

Post by Lsal »

Rp5 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:13 am
Anyone bought from Deadwood Knives? Seem to have some stock they're selling at just below MSRP.

https://deadwoodknives.com/p-c229mpzw-s ... e-c229mpzw
I pulled the trigger there because I couldn’t sit in front of my computer refreshing all the sites trying to score one any longer.
Edgefan

Post by Edgefan »

I've purchased 5 Spydercos from Deadwood over the last couple of years and the service has always been great, never a problem.
Illumination

Post by Illumination »

RAHComanche wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:56 pm
This whole experience of trying to get the Z-wear Shaman has been very off putting. I do not see why there cannot be more transparency in the process. It would seem to make good business sense.
Its pretty simple... limit quantity to create a demand hysteria and appreciation, to drive people to collect knives. So we all end up competing with each other and filling our closets with extra knives.

Its frustrating as **** if you just want to get a good knife...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Illumination wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:27 pm
RAHComanche wrote:
This whole experience of trying to get the Z-wear Shaman has been very off putting. I do not see why there cannot be more transparency in the process. It would seem to make good business sense.
Its pretty simple... limit quantity to create a demand hysteria and appreciation, to drive people to collect knives. So we all end up competing with each other and filling our closets with extra knives.

There are plenty of good knives easily available. If you want a special run you are going to have to work for it just like any limited edition run of anything else. If you are just looking for a "good knife", I'd say nearly all of Spydercos production models would qualify. I lust after many of these exclusives as much was the next guy, but my carry knives have been my K390 Endela or Endura most days since I've got them. Both easily available and would definitely qualify as not only good knives, but great knives.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 pm
I lust after many of these exclusives as much was the next guy, but my carry knives have been my K390 Endela or Endura most days since I've got them.
Uh oh, are you gonna have to change your sig line?
Illumination

Post by Illumination »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 pm
Illumination wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:27 pm
RAHComanche wrote:

There are plenty of good knives easily available. If you want a special run you are going to have to work for it just like any limited edition run of anything else. If you are just looking for a "good knife", I'd say nearly all of Spydercos production models would qualify. I lust after many of these exclusives as much was the next guy, but my carry knives have been my K390 Endela or Endura most days since I've got them. Both easily available and would definitely qualify as not only good knives, but great knives.
Sorry, should have qualified my statement. I'm specifically looking for micarta... much tougher to come by given they all seem to be limited release.
derp

Post by derp »

Illumination wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:59 am

Sorry, should have qualified my statement. I'm specifically looking for micarta... much tougher to come by given they all seem to be limited release.
There's a production Cru-Carta PM2 coming out this year. I bet there will be a production Micarta Shaman eventually.
Police 4 LW K390|Stretch 2 LW K390|Manix 2 LW Maxamet|Manix 2 DLT Cruwear|Manix 2 XL St. Nick's 4V|Shaman Z-wear|Native Chief REX 45|YoJumbo S90V
vivi

Post by vivi »

There are also tons of micarta scales out there. Depending on the model you can pay less for a knife + scales than a shaman. For example, I have an M4 Manix XL in the mail and grooved green micarta scales on order for a few dollars more than the Shaman- not a bad deal in comparison.
:unicorn
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

vivi wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:01 am
There are also tons of micarta scales out there. Depending on the model you can pay less for a knife + scales than a shaman. For example, I have an M4 Manix XL in the mail and grooved green micarta scales on order for a few dollars more than the Shaman- not a bad deal in comparison.

Another one? I’ve been looking for those too- did you find it on eBay?
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
vivi

Post by vivi »

MFlovejp wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:05 am
vivi wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:01 am

Another one? I’ve been looking for those too- did you find it on eBay?
Sent you a PM
:unicorn