C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Post by RamZar »

Brummie wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:14 am
Do we know if the new one is hollow-ground or flat-ground?

Saber Grind!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Definitely picking up a serrated version. Haven’t been excited about a spydie reveal in a while!
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

i'm in for both now that i know it's screwed construction. Cruwear is a nice bonus!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Monty

Post by Monty »

Fantastic! My knife budget hasn't been touched yet this year, I'm in for atleast two serrated.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

When somebody said saber grind earlier, do they mean hollow saber or just saber?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

p_atrick wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:11 pm
When somebody said saber grind earlier, do they mean hollow saber or just saber?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

p_atrick wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:11 pm

I'm not sure they understood that both are right answers. It's definitely saber ground but whether it's hollow saber or flat saber is the question, and it's hard to tell from pics like this because if it is hollow, the radius is so subtle and the height of the grind so short that it's hard to see from a side view.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
vivi

Post by vivi »

the closed picture definitely makes it look hollow saber ground to me.
:unicorn
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

I logged in after a long time to say CONGRATULATIONS to two distinguished gentlemen here.

First, to our dear online friend JD Spydo, for all the effort and love to this particular model, praising its design and characteristics and influencing another crowd of Spydie enthusiasts who were not fortunate enough to experience this knife when it was first released, and then Sprinted. I've seen this thread grow from inception to 79 pages as of the moment, and although it takes a collective of collectors of this knife to snowball this movement, you sir, are the instigator and for that, we thank you. 😊

Secondly, and no less important, to Mr. Sal Glesser himself. You sir, are a Lord among men. Thank you for listening to all the whining and complaining in these walls. A lesser man would have just given up and called it a day, but you stuck with us knife junkies and listened and took note and adjusted this knife to modern Spyderco standards. I never expected the steel to even be upgraded from the originals given how your maker has not worked with non Japanese steel. For making the clip finally tip-up carry, 4-way as expected from a modern Spyderco folder. You have listened, and delivered.

No other knifemaker has the patience and care for its customer base like you and Spyderco.

Like I said, you have delivered, and now its our turn as loyal customers and junkies to get this Sprint off the shelves, and who knows? You might produce more variants including a Salted one. 😉😉😉
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

JD reminds me of when Andy Duphrain wrote the governor everday for years to get library funding in Shawshank. He was persistent and patient, while staying positive all along the way.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

twinboysdad wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:27 pm
JD reminds me of when Andy Duphrain wrote the governor everday for years to get library funding in Shawshank. He was persistent and patient, while staying positive all along the way.
:rofl
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

twinboysdad wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:27 pm

Persistance pays off!

The books and albums arrived and funding too:

Heywood: The Count of Monte Crisco...
Floyd: That's "Cristo" you dumb sh*t.
Heywood: ...by Alexandree Dumb-***. Dumb-***.
Andy Dufresne: Dumb-***? "Dumas". You know what it's about? You'll like it, it's about a prison break.
Red: Well we should file that one under "Educational" too, oughten we?
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Im in for one, maybe both.

Ill be perfectly honest here. I really would have preferred a stainless steel.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I’m stoked how this came out!

SE Cruwear!

That Clip!

Also, four way clip, screw construction and nice grey g10, all for a lot less money than I thought it could possibly be done.

Kudos JD, Sal and Spyderco!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm really anxious to see how Cruwear performs with TEETH. I'm sort of surprised that they made both edge types with Cruwear. But I'm very happy needless to say. I'm going to try out the full SE model on daily chores for a while.

Needless to say this is a happy day hearing all of this. I also hope this turns out to be super successful for Spyderco>> but I'm almost completely certain it will be a big winner at the box office.
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:35 pm
I'm really anxious to see how Cruwear performs with TEETH. I'm sort of surprised that they made both edge types with Cruwear. But I'm very happy needless to say. I'm going to try out the full SE model on daily chores for a while.

Needless to say this is a happy day hearing all of this. I also hope this turns out to be super successful for Spyderco>> but I'm almost completely certain it will be a big winner at the box office.

Long time coming; congratulations, JD.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

So this thread’s cracking 80 pages today. Now that we know it’ll be Cruwear (yay!) in both configurations for $210, will it be widely sought after by more than the core afis? Has this been hyped much outside of this forum? I’m speculating that supply will meet demand easily enough in the current economic market, but I’d love to hear some thoughts.
Matus

Post by Matus »

Sal mentioned before that this is the same manufacturer of the original Ayoob and that it has a rather low volume production and the entire batch will be made in smaller sub-batches. Should this knife sell out quickly I would not be surprised if Spyderco would try to expand on it (even if that would probably come with some delay - just my guess).
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wasn't it said that there are exclusives in the works too? Maybe this is just the first of a few.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Matus

Post by Matus »

That would not suprise me at all. This knife gained massive attention already.

But to put my money where my mouth is - I have made a pre-order via a local shop (they will oder one SE for me) :)
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...