C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Matus

Re: C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Post by Matus »

I totally agree, eyes on the price.

So, sal, when is the SE coming out? :savouring
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:06 pm
The next model we need a crusade for is a SE Ulize.
Just started a new thread dealing with this request of a fully serrated ULIZE and a few more PE models that I myself would to see serrated versions of these models come to fruition.

Your desires for more serrated models are shared by many of us. Myself I'll probably start carrying the full SE version of the C-60 AYOOB for my main EDC once I get it. You have sold me on the fact that full SE blades can be useful for a wide range of

Consider the Crusade for more full SE folders Started!! The thread I started already has over 10 hits on it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Matus wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:28 am
I totally agree, eyes on the price.

So, sal, when is the SE coming out? :savouring
I haven't heard of any price yet quoted on the new C-60 Ayoob Sprint Run. I am 99% sure that the full SE unit won't be too much higher than the full PE unit. I have heard one rumor of the price being around $175. But that's strictly a rumor and I'm not at all sure of it

Anyone who has heard in advance what the C-60 Sprint Run price is going to be please let us know>> that is if you are relatively certain of the accuracy of the MSRP on the C-60 Sprint Run.
levs18

Post by levs18 »

Anybody have an idea of the release date?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

levs18 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:17 pm
Anybody have an idea of the release date?
I'm guessing that it will be some time next month ( March). But actually I thought a while back that it would have already arrived by now. Worst case scenario I think would be April or even May 2022 but probably no later than May.

I haven't even heard any good rumors lately. But I don't think it's going to be much longer.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

With the whole new “soft reveal” process, there really is no way of knowing when this will be released. These new “soft reveals” being individual products released at an arbitrary and random time has changed everything. As far as we know, it could come out tomorrow or it could come out two years from now.
-Nick :bug-red
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

that makes it really easy to miss a knife because you couldn't financially plan for it.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ladybug93 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:13 am
that makes it really easy to miss a knife because you couldn't financially plan for it.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

You know it will be unexpected, get the cash set aside today or risk missing out.

When the first S90V Yojimbo 2 was announced, I had the money set aside like 6 months in advance for that knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:14 am
ladybug93 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:13 am

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

You know it will be unexpected, get the cash set aside today or risk missing out.

When the first S90V Yojimbo 2 was announced, I had the money set aside like 6 months in advance for that knife.
i'm just saying... you can set aside money, but things come up, especially if you chase sprints and exclusives. maybe something else pops up that you weren't expecting and you pull the trigger so you don't miss out and the ayoob drops the next day.

i waited for the spydiechef to restock for months. when i saw it in stock, i jumped on it. then the magnacut mule dropped like a week later. i jumped because i just had to, even though i wasn't really prepared. a couple weeks later, the ikuchi finally restocked and was at the 2021 price, so i needed to jump on that before the price changed. that was an expensive few weeks for me and i've already promised to slow down on knife purchases.

of course you have to prioritize your spending, but not everyone can just set aside $200 for whenever some knife might drop and then just leave it there when there are other things that come up that you've been wanting, especially when buying them at the time they are available saves you a 15% increase in price, which was the case for the spydiechef and ikuchi for me. and that's not even mentioning life happening and other expenses.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah I do agree, more of a heads up is a good thing at least with limited production stuff that can actually be missed completely. It's different when a knife is standard production and you can get it months later when you have the cash. I guess I have the advantage of not really buying all that many in the first place so it's easier for me to prioritize money when I need to.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Matus

Post by Matus »

My perspective is - I really want the SE Ayoob as I not only like the design, but I am also curious about hollow SE grind in general. If the Ayoob comes in a few weeks - I’ll just wait. If I knew it is coming more like towards the second half of the year, I will get some of the serial knives to fill-in.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Matus wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:49 am
My perspective is - I really want the SE Ayoob as I not only like the design, but I am also curious about hollow SE grind in general. If the Ayoob comes in a few weeks - I’ll just wait. If I knew it is coming more like towards the second half of the year, I will get some of the serial knives to fill-in.
Of all the Spyderco "hollow grind" blades in full Spyderedge the C-60 Ayoob is "Head & Shoulders" above any other Spyderco folder with TEETH and a hollow grind blade. It isn't even close. Where is my good pal Doc Snubnose when I need his testimony about the full SE Ayoob. He did a controlled test with a beef carcass which was very impressive.

But the extremely functional aspects of the C-60 with TEETH doesn't stop there. I've got a feeling that my good pal Evil D ( David) will be in "Hog Heaven" when he gets his hands on the Sprint Run with TEETH. I'm sure Sal & Co did tweak this new model to where it will even be better than the original ( which was awesome in it's own rite).

Seriously there is no other Spyderco model with TEETH I like better. Even my beloved Stainless handled RESCUE model doesn't even compare to the C-60 with TEETH. It will be a great day when we all get our hands on this new full SE Ayoob. IT will be worth the wait I can assure all of you.
Matus

Post by Matus »

I hear you JD and I am really looking forward to get the SE Ayoob (I was not questioning that!) even though because of my lack of experience with SE blades, I am not really able to appreciate why the SE Ayoob should cut much differently than say SE H1 Pacific as the grind appears very similar (blade profile and the knife design as whole is a different story).
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Matus wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:12 am
I hear you JD and I am really looking forward to get the SE Ayoob (I was not questioning that!) even though because of my lack of experience with SE blades, I am not really able to appreciate why the SE Ayoob should cut much differently than say SE H1 Pacific as the grind appears very similar (blade profile and the knife design as whole is a different story).
I sincerely hope that this upcoming full SE Sprint Run of the C-60 Ayoob will set a precedent for more Sprint Runs of full SE models. Because there are so many more past full SE models that deserve a Sprint Run>> as well as many full PE models that deserve a Sprint Run in full SE.

If given a chance there are so many great blade designs out there that would be great with TEETH. To name a few the C-111 Captain and Breeden RESCUE are two that immediately come to mind. I've even wondered at times what a fully serrated IMPALA model might be like ( with or without gut-hook).

In the fixed blade category a full SE version of the STREETBEAT or even one of the MORAN models would be quite interesting.

The C-60 with TEETH is a beast of a cutter.
Michal O

Post by Michal O »

What about C15/C19 Crusade?
Current collection: Lil Temperance G10, Shaman, Lil Native, Massad Ayoob cruwear, Smock, Street Beat, Street Bowie, Para 3, PM2 purple G10 cruwear, Canis, Rhino, Endura 4 K390, Watu, Kapara, Amalgam, Sliverax, Police 4 se K390, Police 4 pe K390, Khukuri, Barong, Ulize.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Michal O wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:27 am
What about C15/C19 Crusade?
Interesting idea. But I'm just trying to focus on the upcoming C-60 Ayoob model. OR at least to maybe talk about the first two C-60 Ayoob models (2002 & 2011).

But that would be a great new thread for anyone who wants to take it on. I'm sure it would draw a lot of interest.

It is a shame that we don't have a "Pass Around" model of the new C-60 Ayoob to mail to each other like we used to do years ago over at Bladeforums.

The more I look at the new Brown handle on the Cruwear prototype of the C-60 Sprint Run the more I like it.
Michal O

Post by Michal O »

I'm waiting on C60. Tactical marketing got me. But I'm afraid that it will be gone minutes after premiere, and then on ebay for $300. Like every sprint.
Current collection: Lil Temperance G10, Shaman, Lil Native, Massad Ayoob cruwear, Smock, Street Beat, Street Bowie, Para 3, PM2 purple G10 cruwear, Canis, Rhino, Endura 4 K390, Watu, Kapara, Amalgam, Sliverax, Police 4 se K390, Police 4 pe K390, Khukuri, Barong, Ulize.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Michal O wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:30 pm
I'm waiting on C60. Tactical marketing got me. But I'm afraid that it will be gone minutes after premiere, and then on ebay for $300. Like every sprint.
I sincerely hope you're wrong on that prediction but I sure wouldn't bet against you either. Everyone I've talked to in the past 3 months are all excited about this most recent Golden Era model in a Sprint Run. And I've talked to at least 6 to 8 people in the past few months who have told me they are getting the PE & SE units both.

I'm going to get the PE & SE both myself and I fully intend on immediately putting them in my "user rotation". Unless I come into some more quick cash soon I doubt if I'll have any extras for the collection. This is one that I definitely plan on using as soon as I get them.

My ultimate hope is that this run of the C-60 Ayoob will make it back into the main line up again for a year or two. Yes I think it will be that popular especially for all those new folks that have never got to own or use one of the original C-60 Ayoob models. I think Spyderco would be wise to add it to the main line up for at least a year ( possibly 2). Sales will be rapid on this one I'm 100% certain of that.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Matus wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:12 am
The full Spyderedged version of the C-60 Ayoob model is an excellent fully serrated model to learn about Spyderco blades with TEETH. The C-60 ergonomic design has so many advantages in SE & PE both and will be a great blade in both edge types. It might be the only folder you need for quite a while in each edge type ( PE & SE both). Consider it a great investment for all your everyday cutlery needs.
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Yes i would like 2each of both PE & SE preferably in G10 & maybe S30V or better steel. I missed out on this knife & wish Spyderco would bring it back too!