Native Chief REX45 and S90V Sprint discussion and ANTICIPATION thread! (not alerts)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Peacedivision

Re: Native Chief REX45 and S90V Sprint discussion and ANTICIPATION thread! (not alerts)

Post by Peacedivision »

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:47 pm
The only other carbon fiber Spyderco i have is the S30v Chaparral. The Chief's CF is lighter in color and smoother but you can still feel the weave.

I believe the chap is G10/CF laminate and the Chief is solid CF.
Buddafucco

Re: Native Chief REX45 and S90V Sprint discussion and ANTICIPATION thread! (not alerts)

Post by Buddafucco »

Peacedivision wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:44 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
The only other carbon fiber Spyderco i have is the S30v Chaparral. The Chief's CF is lighter in color and smoother but you can still feel the weave.

I've heard that before but it sure does look like carbon fiber all the way through. You can see the layers on the sides?
•• Beau
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:59 pm
Peacedivision wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:

I've heard that before but it sure does look like carbon fiber all the way through. You can see the layers on the sides?
G10 is a laminate same as CF and has visible layers. But Spyderco CF/G10 laminate scales are basically one layer of CF on top of the G10 vs solid CF scales that are carbon all the way through.
Avocado

Post by Avocado »

I've been striving to procure 1 of this model through a multitude of retailers since it was announced, but have been totally shut out.

Today was particiulary disappointing. Clicking & calling within seconds of an email notification was not fast enough to get an order in.

BladeHQ disclosed to me on a call that they received four (4) of these, total. Four?

My pain point has been reached, and the flow of my money towards products like this has ended.
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

Avocado wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:21 pm
I've been striving to procure 1 of this model through a multitude of retailers since it was announced, but have been totally shut out.

Today was particiulary disappointing. Clicking & calling within seconds of an email notification was not fast enough to get an order in.

BladeHQ disclosed to me on a call that they received four (4) of these, total. Four?

My pain point has been reached, and the flow of my money towards products like this has ended.
18 still in stock at St Nicks

https://www.stnicksknives.com/products/ ... 72f7&_ss=r
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Avocado wrote:

And 5 have been sitting at Fradon for a few days now... https://www.safeandlockstore.com/knives ... iber-s90v/
•• Beau
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Avocado wrote:

A knife this expensive and this large is not hard to acquire. This just the first wave. I predict that these will still be available in a month.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Peacedivision wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:32 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Peacedivision wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:

G10 is a laminate same as CF and has visible layers. But Spyderco CF/G10 laminate scales are basically one layer of CF on top of the G10 vs solid CF scales that are carbon all the way through.

So i did a little recon and found that you are correct. I pulled a scale off of my Chap and the back has the G10 dimples as opposed to the Chief that has the weave. :)
•• Beau
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

In stock at the SFO again:

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C244CF90V/1892

I’m weak...
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:36 pm
Peacedivision wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:
Peacedivision wrote:

So i did a little recon and found that you are correct. I pulled a scale off of my Chap and the back has the G10 dimples as opposed to the Chief that has the weave. :)
All a person needed to do was read the description on Spyderco's website. The Chaparral is "Carbon Fiber/G-10 laminate".

Does anybody know if the CF on the Chief is the same as the CF on the Shaman sprint?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

SSD_777 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:14 am
Buddafucco wrote:
Peacedivision wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:

All a person needed to do was read the description on Spyderco's website. The Chaparral is "Carbon Fiber/G-10 laminate".

Does anybody know if the CF on the Chief is the same as the CF on the Shaman sprint?
I read the description for the s90v shaman and chief and they both say solid cf.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Got my order in for a CF from Rex. Truly excited.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:36 am
SSD_777 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:14 am
Buddafucco wrote:
Peacedivision wrote:

I read the description for the s90v shaman and chief and they both say solid cf.
Solid CF with what finish? A more precise description would be helpful. Stock photos at Spyderco.com show peel ply texture, but photos in this thread show something different.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

First off, this knife is unbelievable! I’m not even a huge back lock fan and I freakin love this thing!

Secondly, it is just what I thought and it is in between the peel-ply and smooth. I actually love the way it feels, smooth with a slight orange peel texture. I love the matte finish too.

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

That is one classy looking knife. Mine is in the mail.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Just bought mine at going gear. Only place I saw that they are in stock
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Walmart.com
Gpknives
Going gear
Knives plus
New graham

A few that I see still have stock

I couldn’t hold out even though I told myself I didn’t need another knife
Signalman1

Post by Signalman1 »

I just got the CF Native Chief S90V the other day and it is all CF and it's smooth as a babies bottom. I wish it had a little more texture to it. It's the biggest Spyderco knife I own.

Signalman
eonbluemantra

Post by eonbluemantra »

Will this be available again on SFO online?
Nick D. Fingerz

Post by Nick D. Fingerz »

I ordered my S90V Chief from KSF yesterday, so I should have it Wed. or Thur. St. Nicks has 13 in stock, for those still looking. https://www.stnicksknives.com/products/ ... 72f7&_ss=r

I've been waiting for this one to drop since it was first announced. Can't wait to have it in my hand. :cool: