2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
curlyhairedboy

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by curlyhairedboy »

username: curlyhairedboy
knife model: PM2 Tanto

The Spyderco PM2 Tanto DLC, my new favorite garage companion. Any time I'm working in the garage on some DIY project, I like to have a stout, trustworthy blade ready at hand to mark trim lines, whittle down a shim, sharpen a pencil....the list goes on. I've been very excited to see the development and release of the Tanto edition Spyderco PM2. It has all the ruggedness of the original, but now comes with a tip profile that's even tougher.

I'd never advise anyone to use a PM2 to chisel wood, mind you....

....but if I really had to, I finally have one that can take it! :D

EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:59 pm

okay... that is cool.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:59 pm
username: curlyhairedboy
knife model: PM2 Tanto

The Spyderco PM2 Tanto DLC, my new favorite garage companion. Any time I'm working in the garage on some DIY project, I like to have a stout, trustworthy blade ready at hand to mark trim lines, whittle down a shim, sharpen a pencil....the list goes on. I've been very excited to see the development and release of the Tanto edition Spyderco PM2. It has all the ruggedness of the original, but now comes with a tip profile that's even tougher.

Wow, now that's a winner right there!! I love this pic.. really creative! :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Detdaddy

Post by Detdaddy »

Username: Detdaddy
Knife: C186TI Slysz Bowie Folder

I carry and use numerous Spyderco knives every day, and throughout the year. The one I carry and love the most is the Slysz Bowie. I love everything about this knife --the comfy titanium handle, Chris Reeve integral lock, CTS-XHP steel, wire clip, stone washed blade and handle, all in a size perfect for EDC. So there was little hesitation which knife I feel deserves to be in the Spyderco calendar.

The roof on my kids' old fort/swingset is falling into disrepair. But it has developed a mix of moss and fungus on the roof, that I think, is a beautiful setting for a working bowie. So we got out a ladder and took some photos! My kids helped me by holding the ladder, and then helping me pick the best photo. This actually turned into a fun family experience. Here's what we picked out.

Thank you to the Spyderco crew for continuing this fun contest. Seeing the other images, I'm already excited about hanging this calendar at my desk.
Bowie Forum Size.jpg
Last edited by Detdaddy on Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

Wow, these are some phenomenal images! This is going to be a great calendar. Thanks in advance to Spyderco for hosting this event again this year. It's a great way to engage the Spyderco forum community.

forum name: gundamaniac
product/knife: Amalgam
We went hiking above the cloud layer a couple weekends ago, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a shot with my EDC Amalgam. Figured I'd throw it in the ring. I'm still ever grateful that Spyderco took a chance on the Amalgam and brought it to life.
At the very least, I hope people viewing this thread get some enjoyment out of the image!
Last edited by gundamaniac on Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

My submission is The Roadie.
It’s the ultimate 5th pocket carry. Although I carry a medium to large size knife everyday I find the Roadie fit for 90% of my cutting tasks throughout the week. I also have children and feel very confident using it around them as well as letting them use it with the sheepsfoot rounded tip.
Think for yourself
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Thank you to everyone who participated! We look forward to announcing the winners soon! Thread closed.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.