Should I be Disappointed?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
samdasnake

Re: Should I be Disappointed?

Post by samdasnake »

sal wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:44 am
Hi Crash,

Welcome to our forum. Thanx much for your interest and support and sorry for your disappointment.

Everything at Spyderco is scrambled due to the Virus and everything is taking longer than normal. Many working from home, spread out in the factory. Even Customer service is working odd shifts to keep going.

I'll contact Charlynn and see what I can learn.

sal
Yep I knew he’d take care of you. Spyderco’s customer service is second to none.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

dodgie02 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:35 am
Though it is time to move on from s35vn. I know Mr reeve, you did great on s30v and your own 35vn but there as times moves on so should the product. My 2 cents.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but not sure I agree with this. I think S35VN is still one of the most balanced EDC steels there is. What would you suggest they move on to? M390/20CV/204P? I have several knives with each of those and they're great, but if those steels cost more and it means an increase in price to the ELU then I don't find them that much better to justify going to them. I think we're just splitting hairs with a lot of these steels. For most users the differences are too subtle to really even notice a difference in performance. Yes, some knife AFI's can notice a difference but let's face it, a lot of the people buying knives with premium blade steel are just buying it because they're told it's better....or they're just tired of seeing S30V & S35VN stamped on the tang. JMHO
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

I am in the same boat. I returned a defective Paysan and I am still waiting for a knife that I am not sure I will end up getting.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Great discussion everyone, thank you all for your input.

I'm with dodgie, I've never owned a Sebenza but I never really questioned the value after getting the opportunity to play with one.

Likewise, I held off on the PM2 for quite awhile because of the price, but once I made the leap I never questioned it again.

I'm sure that the Nirvana and Paysan are very, very well made, I was just surprised by the cost when I had a look. I wasn't aware of Peter Rassenti's work prior to this, so maybe that's part of it. Rather than an affordable Rassenti, I perceived it has an expensive Spyderco. Maybe one day I'll get to play with one, and if so I'll report back.

Or maybe I'll find a good deal on a second-hand Sebenza and drill out a round hole. :-)
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Crash70

Post by Crash70 »

Thank you for all your input everyone I really appreciate it. I haven’t heard back from my first email and will try emailing again to see if there is a solution. I did mention I was a you tuber and should have explained I was quite excited to debut a newer Spyderco and was hoping I could get a fairly new model on my channel to review, but alas I hope to have a swayback on it. I know the Bombshell was a flash batch I was just hoping someone would step up considering what went wrong with The Paysan. Just an FYI I’ve been really considerate and haven’t threatened or anything like that I don’t believe in treating folks like that. I just hope something can be worked out fairly soon. Once again thanks so much for your input I feel much better. Take care and stay safe.
Cut It Out.
Crash70

Post by Crash70 »

Before I had an opportunity to send a second email I just got an email from warranty the Bombshell is shipping today. I’m so happy and blown away by Spyderco I just had to let everyone know. An awesome company just got better in my eyes. Take care and stay safe everyone.
Cut It Out.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Crash,

Glad it worked out. We try.

sal
Crash70

Post by Crash70 »

sal wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Hi Crash,

sal
Yes you folks certainly did and I appreciate it so much. Take care and please stay safe.
Cut It Out.
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

sal wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Hi Crash,

sal
Any chance you can look into my case? Reference number is 92709.
Crash70

Post by Crash70 »

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update I received my swayback today and I’m over the moon at the two knives and customer service I received thank you so much Sal and Spyderco. I will be shooting my Friday weekly wrap up and will be sending a big shout out to spyderco and mentioning the whole story. I will post a link once it’s live. Thanks again so much.
Cut It Out.
Crash70

Post by Crash70 »

Hey Just wanted to post a video from my channel giving thanks. Thank you so much and thank you for going above and beyond. Take care.
https://youtu.be/4hFGNRX66fM
Cut It Out.