Antifog for sunglasses?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Knivesinedc

Antifog for sunglasses?

Post by Knivesinedc »

Anyone have any good recommendations for anti fog for glasses? I wear my Wiley X Valors for eye pro when I go shooting but I will also wear a shemagh pretty frequently as the shooting locations in my area are windy, sand filled places and I prefer to keep the sand from beating the skin off my face lol. As a result, my sunglasses tend to get pretty fogged up in a short amount of time and I'm looking for a good product to use in these circumstances. Appreciate any input you guys have!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Antifog for sunglasses?

Post by Doc Dan »

Eye glass stores sell a cream or spray. You can use shaving foam if you don’t have those. Rub it on rub it off. Works on steamy mirrors too.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I use the same wipes that I use for skydiving goggles, which are also basically the same as the wipes for ski goggles (https://www.amazon.com/Triswim-Anti-Fog ... B00374FAUQ). They work great.

I swim a lot and use a different (and better, but more expensive) anti-fog gel for long timed swims where I don't want to stop at all to clear the goggles, but I don't think that's necessary for shooting glasses.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:03 am
I use the same wipes that I use for skydiving goggles, which are also basically the same as the wipes for ski goggles (https://www.amazon.com/Triswim-Anti-Fog ... B00374FAUQ). They work great.

I swim a lot and use a different (and better, but more expensive) anti-fog gel for long timed swims where I don't want to stop at all to clear the goggles, but I don't think that's necessary for shooting glasses.
Thanx Tom!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:25 am
Eye glass stores sell a cream or spray. You can use shaving foam if you don’t have those. Rub it on rub it off. Works on steamy mirrors too.
Thank you too, Doc!