Lynch Northwest Wire Clip Replacement Deep Carry Clip

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kennethsime

Re: Lynch Northwest Wire Clip Replacement Deep Carry Clip

Post by kennethsime »

MichaelScott wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:59 am
I think like most things it depends. Hand size, clip configuration, mounting connection, etc. a few years back my CF Chaparral had the twisting problem. I sent it back for evaluation it appeared to me that the mounting channels were not deep enough and or the screw head not quite wide enough.
You know I really love the wire clip, even on my Para 3, but one thing I've wondered is why not use a flanged machine screw with a bit wider of a head. It seems the current pan-heads are "just wide enough."
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
MichaelScott

Re: Lynch Northwest Wire Clip Replacement Deep Carry Clip

Post by MichaelScott »

kennethsime wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:13 am
MichaelScott wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:59 am
I think like most things it depends. Hand size, clip configuration, mounting connection, etc. a few years back my CF Chaparral had the twisting problem. I sent it back for evaluation it appeared to me that the mounting channels were not deep enough and or the screw head not quite wide enough.
You know I really love the wire clip, even on my Para 3, but one thing I've wondered is why not use a flanged machine screw with a bit wider of a head. It seems the current pan-heads are "just wide enough."
Agree!
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation