Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
Hopweaver
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 pm
Location: Indiana

Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby Hopweaver » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:45 am

Do you have a favorite TV show you can share with those of us who are spending more time at home? Many TV series (Old & New) are available online through streaming services. Here are some I can recommend. Of all the ones listed below that are worthy of binge watching, my favorite is probably Bosch or Red Oaks:

Netflix:
Stranger Things
Locke & Key
Peaky Blinders (turn on subtitles)
Dexter
Sherlock
Lost in Space

Amazon Prime Video
Bosch
Red Oaks
Sneak Pete
Jack Ryan
The Marvelous Ms. Maisel
Alias
Burn Notice

CBS All Access
NCIS

HULU
The Orville
The Good Place
:spyder: Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :spyder:

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5518
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby Ankerson » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:04 am

For people who have cable etc.

Dexter - Showtime

Sopranos - HBO

Boardwalk Empire - HBO

Spartacus - All 3 seasons. - Showtime

True Detective. - HBO

NCIS - all of them are on just about every day.

Crimminal Minds - On just about everyday.

Supernatural - On everyday. M-F

Justified - if you have Netflix.

Magnum PI - Hallmark - On M-F.

User avatar
DSH007
Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Merrimac, MA

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby DSH007 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:15 am

Can second the recommendations above for Bosch, Boardwalk Empire, Justified.. awesome shows!

Just started True Detective Season 3.. pretty good so far..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 6023
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby Spydergirl88 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Barry - HBO

Good for some laughs, plus Henry Winkler is in it! Need I say more?
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

User avatar
soc_monki
Member
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby soc_monki » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Battlestar Galactica. Old or new, love them both. Wish they would have continued with Caprica, I was really getting into it...
Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam
Kershaw : Tone, Cryo, Cryo 2, Thermite, Atmos, Natrix 7007cf, Natrix 7008cf, Bareknuckle 7777, Bareknuckle 20cv, Concierge
Zero Tolerance : 0566CF, 0770CF, 0770GRYBW, 0562CF, 0470, 0456CF, 0095BW, 0801TI
Ontario : Rat 1
CRKT : Caligo
Civivi : Plethiros, Baklash
Cold Steel : AD10
Benchmade : 810-1401 Contego, 15080-2 Crooked River, 15080-Custom Crooked River, 560BK-1 Super Freek, 15085 Mini Crooked River, 940-2, 550-1 Griptilian, 950bk Rift
Buck : 110, Bucklite 422, 110 LT, 110 Slim Select, 112 Slim Pro
Artisan : Tradition

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17789
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby JD Spydo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm

I wish the SyFy Channel would do a TWILIGHT ZONE marathon until this virus mess is over the hump.

Also I never get bored watching re-runs of Ozzie & Harriet along with "Leave it To Beaver" :o I'm not dating myself am I :o

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5518
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby Ankerson » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:34 am

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm
I wish the SyFy Channel would do a TWILIGHT ZONE marathon until this virus mess is over the hump.

Also I never get bored watching re-runs of Ozzie & Harriet along with "Leave it To Beaver" :o I'm not dating myself am I :o

I like the older shows too.

Like:

Bewitched, I Dream Of Jennie, Wild, Wild West etc.

They are all on M-F.

Also Starz Encore has some older series on demand for those who have cable.

User avatar
The Deacon
Member
Posts: 25146
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Upstate SC, USA
Contact:

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby The Deacon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:31 pm

A few more bingeable Netflix branded series to consider would Longmire, Designated Survivor, Narcos, and Narcos Mexico. There are also a few great Netflix branded movies, including Highwaymen, The Irishman, and El Camino (if you haven't watched Breaking Bad, Netflix also has the entire series and you should watch it before watching El Camino).

If you like police shows, have Amazon Prime, and have not already watched The Wire, do yourself a favor and watch it.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9431
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby bearfacedkiller » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm

I don’t watch much tv usually but I did start watching Tiger King on Netflix and it is the most amazing train wreck I have ever seen. Wow!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
The Deacon
Member
Posts: 25146
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Upstate SC, USA
Contact:

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby The Deacon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:36 pm

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm
I don’t watch much tv usually but I did start watching Tiger King on Netflix and it is the most amazing train wreck I have ever seen. Wow!

I've only watched ones available in English but I've found Netflix's branded offerings among them to be a mixed bag. The ones I've watched have included some great series and some great movies, but they've also had quite a few of both types that stunk worse than week old mackerel. I do wish they had a way of removing a title from your "Keep Watching" menu rather than having to let something you watched 15 minutes of the first episode and hated just sit there for months before it finally disappears.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

James Y
Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby James Y » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:39 pm

I like old shows, too.

But one of the very few new shows I like is Brooklyn 99. It’s on Thursday nights. Although I’ve forgotten to watch it for the past couple weeks. But it’s one of the few comedy shows that has actually made me laugh out loud.

Jim

verapantano
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:40 am

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby verapantano » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:29 pm

What about the teen wolf Tv series,no one has mentioned it here.

User avatar
JRinFL
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am
Location: Unfashionable West End of the Galaxy

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby JRinFL » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:48 am

The Deacon wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:31 pm
A few more bingeable Netflix branded series to consider would Longmire, Designated Survivor, Narcos, and Narcos Mexico. There are also a few great Netflix branded movies, including Highwaymen, The Irishman, and El Camino (if you haven't watched Breaking Bad, Netflix also has the entire series and you should watch it before watching El Camino).

If you like police shows, have Amazon Prime, and have not already watched The Wire, do yourself a favor and watch it.
Almost all of the above get my strong recommendation as well. You can also get the first 3 seasons of Better Call Saul on Netflix as well. I'm re-watching The Wire currently.
Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date. :rolleyes: :spyder: Native in 440v was my gateway Spyderco! :spyder:

User avatar
shunsui
Member
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby shunsui » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 am

12 Monkeys TV series on SyFy.

The movie's good too.

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17789
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby JD Spydo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Oddly enough I've not been watching TV much at all during this Virus Shutdown here in our area. I've kind of been glued to the internet and have been volunteering for my church to help old confined people that can't get out. There are 3 websites that have really good recent news on this Corona outbreak and they are www.stevequayle.com, www.naturalnews.com and www.zerohedge.com. I've also got a couple of foreign ( out of the USA) websites I've been watching around the clock trying to keep up on the latest news.

I've totally quit on the mainstream news media. I just hope that the internet stays up while all of this is going on.

I did watch "Me TV" ( a popular re-run channel) late one night with Gilligan's Island, Sea Hunt, and the Wild, Wild West. But that's been about it for me.

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5518
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby Ankerson » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:42 pm

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 pm
Oddly enough I've not been watching TV much at all during this Virus Shutdown here in our area. I've kind of been glued to the internet and have been volunteering for my church to help old confined people that can't get out. There are 3 websites that have really good recent news on this Corona outbreak and they are www.stevequayle.com, www.naturalnews.com and www.zerohedge.com. I've also got a couple of foreign ( out of the USA) websites I've been watching around the clock trying to keep up on the latest news.

I've totally quit on the mainstream news media. I just hope that the internet stays up while all of this is going on.

I did watch "Me TV" ( a popular re-run channel) late one night with Gilligan's Island, Sea Hunt, and the Wild, Wild West. But that's been about it for me.

FETV also has a lot of older shows too. :)

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 8436
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby Doc Dan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 am

Endeavor

Have Gun will travel

Jack Ryan

Inspector Morse
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Cambertree
Member
Posts: 691
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby Cambertree » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:54 am

We’re not completely shut down here yet, but no doubt we’re not far away from it.

I’m looking forward to rewatching all five seasons of The Wire.

If you keep your eyes open, a lot of the knife cameos in the series are Spydies too.

User avatar
DSH007
Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Merrimac, MA

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby DSH007 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:03 am

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm
I don’t watch much tv usually but I did start watching Tiger King on Netflix and it is the most amazing train wreck I have ever seen. Wow!
Just finished Tiger King last night. Holy @%@# .. "Amazing train wreck" is a pretty accurate description.. you just can't look away! Absolutely outrageous hahah!

Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acTdxsoa428
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9431
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Postby bearfacedkiller » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 am

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:03 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm
I don’t watch much tv usually but I did start watching Tiger King on Netflix and it is the most amazing train wreck I have ever seen. Wow!
Just finished Tiger King last night. Holy @%@# .. "Amazing train wreck" is a pretty accurate description.. you just can't look away! Absolutely outrageous hahah!

Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acTdxsoa428
It was epic! He isn’t even the craziest one!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests