NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SG89

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by SG89 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:53 pm
Well, I was born in Sarasota so I can get down with this. Probably gonna be a Brady Buccaneers Jersey coming for me here on my Bday!!!!

I am actually pretty happy with this outcome! :)
Not official yet... It was a tweet from a fake adam schefter account

*nevermind it's official now
Last edited by SG89 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:53 pm
Well, I was born in Sarasota so I can get down with this. Probably gonna be a Brady Buccaneers Jersey coming for me here on my Bday!!!!

I am actually pretty happy with this outcome! :)
Oh yeah, I'll have his jersey from whatever team he ends up on!

I'm (selfishly) hoping it's the Bucs because the few fans they have, are super quiet and one of the least obnoxious in the league! Chargers fans have become so toxic over the past few years, they don't deserve to have the greatest QB of all time on their team. :D It would be nice to watch Brady dominate that division though! :D

It's starting to seem like the Bucs might be his his new team though. They have some serious offensive weapons already and, if Tom Brady ends up there, they will more than likely be bringing in Antonio Brown to help Brady even more! If Tom Brady is throwing to Mike Evans and Antonio Brown just wrap next season up now and give them the Superbowl ring!
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Don't discount Chris Godwin on the other side of Evans. Dude was a beast until he missed the last 2 games of the season. Tampa just needs a solid RB and that offense is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I haven't bought a football or basketball jersey in years. But all of this talk about a Lord Brady jersey really has inspired me to buy a PATRICK MAHOMES/ KC Chief's jersey. Because Patrick is "The REAL DEAL" :cool:

recent Chief's news looks good. It looks like Chris Jones will be back. Not sure about Sammy Watkins yet>> but that's OK because Patrick will still have a huge selection of guys to throw to :cool: Can't wait for the 20-21 season.

Also I've been seeing a lot of Travis Kelce jerseys in the past 2 months as well. :)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote: Don't discount Chris Godwin on the other side of Evans. Dude was a beast until he missed the last 2 games of the season. Tampa just needs a solid RB and that offense is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
Exactly! Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are already a lethal combo. If they bring in AB as well, it would just be unfair! There have been reports the entire off season about Brady staying in contact with AB and that they're still friends. Brady got a small taste of his talent last year and wants to play with him so bad! No matter where he ends up, I think AB is going to be part of the package. (Assuming the league lets him play again) (But they will, because money > PR)

I wouldn't count out the Cowboys just yet either. They could actually be a silent suitor in all of this. I would not put it past Jerry Jones to trade away Dak Prescott after tagging him in favor of Brady for a few years. Also, Mike McCarthy is used to working with top tier talent.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I thought Brady hates the Cowboys bc he loves the 49ers?
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:57 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote: Don't discount Chris Godwin on the other side of Evans. Dude was a beast until he missed the last 2 games of the season. Tampa just needs a solid RB and that offense is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
I wouldn't count out the Cowboys just yet either. They could actually be a silent suitor in all of this. I would not put it past Jerry Jones to trade away Dak Prescott after tagging him in favor of Brady for a few years. Also, Mike McCarthy is used to working with top tier talent.
Well Mushroom it's not often we agree on an NFL subject :D but I completely agree that the Cowboys are going to be a much more aggressive team this upcoming season. McCarthy is a very demanding coach and they were lucky to get him. Why they kept Jason Garrett so long is just weird. Especially as quickly as Jerry Jones has fired and changed coaches in the past. After all we're talking about a guy who canned Tom Landry for crying out loud :(

I think that Dak now has a coach that he can work with much better than he did with Garrett. The Giants are going to be sorry they ever hired Garrett before it's all said and done. I do look for the Cowboys to easily win their division this next season. They now have some real leadership and if they keep Amari Cooper they will be in great shape IMO.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:58 pm
Winner-Winner = Chicken Dinner :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:24 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Yeah I just seen that Lord Brady did go to the BUCS. I think he's going to regret it. Although he's probably going to get a colossal payday and maybe that's all he cares about at this point.

I'm so sad that he didn't sign with an AFC West team :( I was licking my chops hoping that the Chiefs would get to play him twice a year in the regular season. Hopefully he will be in the Chief's schedule at least for one game this year. We haven't even begun to get even with Lord Brady :rolleyes: :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:28 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Yeah I just seen that Lord Brady did go to the BUCS. I think he's going to regret it. Although he's probably going to get a colossal payday and maybe that's all he cares about at this point.

I'm so sad that he didn't sign with an AFC West team :( I was licking my chops hoping that the Chiefs would get to play him twice a year in the regular season. Hopefully he will be in the Chief's schedule at least for one game this year. We haven't even begun to get even with Lord Brady :rolleyes: :D
I agree JD. I think Tommy will regret that decision.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:36 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:28 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:

I agree JD. I think Tommy will regret that decision.
I just heard today that the NFL is going to have their draft next month. The Chiefs are in pretty good shape with the roster they currently have. But in the defense side of the ball can always be improved for the Chiefs because that is the one soft spot we have on the roster IMO.

But this medical emergency is going to take a lot of the thrill out of the draft this go-around. I just hope the Chiefs can land a really good back up QB. Matt Moore did good coming off the bench this past year but he isn't getting any younger. The Chiefs might be in excellent position to pull off some great trades.

again I look for the Dallas Cowboys to explode on the upside now that they have a real coach for a change. I can't believe that Garrett blew it with all that talent they had last season.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Looks like I'll be buying a Buccaneers jersey in the future! Brady is officially signing with Tampa Bay.

I'm guessing it's Jarret Stidhams time in New England now. The list of quarterbacks I DONT want to see on the Patriots is long but to highlight a few I absolutely do not want to see on the Pats.... Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, or Jameis Winston :rolleyes:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Here's something to ponder......
Andrew Luck comes out of retirement to sign with the Patriots :D
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:38 pm
:eek: That's a very interesting scenario. It had never crossed my mind but I would actually love that!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:18 pm
MacLaren wrote:
:eek: That's a very interesting scenario. It had never crossed my mind but I would actually love that!
It may very well happen.
Luck and Belichick......man oh man..... :D
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

When the ageless Brady announced he would play forever, I suspect Belichick regarded that prospect as undermining his chances to develop Brady’s successor, who Garrapolo should have been. Resentful head coaches have a way of getting their way. Bye-bye, Brady.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
I don't think he could do that unless the COLTS would release him. I'm pretty sure he is still contractually bound to them. I'm sure that Bill Bellyache would chomp at the bit if he could get him though.

I would really be surprised if Andrew Luck even came back to the NFL at this point. But if the Pats wanted him bad enough and would pay him about $35 Million a year or so he might be tempted. I would still like to know the real reason he left the NFL. Because he wasn't any more beat up than most players are for the most part. If we don't hear from him by August he won't be coming back anytime soon.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
As long as he doesn't go to the eagles, giants, or redskins I'm happy lol
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:25 pm
MacLaren wrote:
I don't think he could do that unless the COLTS would release him. I'm pretty sure he is still contractually bound to them. I'm sure that Bill Bellyache would chomp at the bit if he could get him though.

I would really be surprised if Andrew Luck even came back to the NFL at this point. But if the Pats wanted him bad enough and would pay him about $35 Million a year or so he might be tempted. I would still like to know the real reason he left the NFL. Because he wasn't any more beat up than most players are for the most part. If we don't hear from him by August he won't be coming back anytime soon.
The REAL reason he left the NFL is because the Colts suck
Especially their owner. He was getting physically destroyed playing with the Colts. Now, Phillip Rivers is fixing to get a dose
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:26 pm
MacLaren wrote:
As long as he doesn't go to the eagles, giants, or redskins I'm happy lol
You just wait until Daniel Jones overcomes those fumbling issues... you'll have plenty of years of torment ahead ;)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick