The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vivi

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by vivi »

benben wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:57 am
71002292470__DFF253E9-EAED-470A-ADE2-2E8DBBD095CD.jpegHere you go vivi, this sale was still going last week at Blackstone’s, what’s that….25/30 miles away from you? Don’t think I’ve ever seen a VP9 for $600 before?
Thanks for the heads up. I'll go check that out next time I'm in that area. Always wanted an HK but there's usually so many options $200-300 cheaper that are solid. That looks like a great deal on a great gun.

On a side note, any suggestions for online gun sales? Not getting what I hoped out of my M&P Shield trying to sell it to a gun shop, so I was thinking it might be time to try something like arms list. That or I'll keep it around as a spare in case I send out my new EDC for repairs etc.
:unicorn
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

I have had good luck buying and selling a few guns on Gunbroker.com.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

And, there's always other forums where it's free to list
For you, I would suggest the Smith & Wesson forum.
There's also Snipers Hide and actually a very good one believe it or not, is Blade Forums!
I've sold a few guns on there.
Now, it does cost to list items on Blade Forums ($30 for a whole year) & Snipers Hide ($20 monthly)
But, they both have a lot of exposure- especially Blade Forums.
Hope this helps.
There's others as well but, I think you would probably do best with Blade Forums actually...
The Smith & Wesson forum seems to be the place for older revolvers.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Thanks for the suggestions.
:unicorn
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

Don't overlook consignment. Usually 15-20% of the selling price goes to the dealer, but it's zero hassle.

You can see what webuyguns.com will offer you. There's no commitment and they will handle the aggravation of shipping.
- Richard
benben

Post by benben »

My online go to is CDNN Sports, I’ve bought 3 or 4 HK’s from them over the years.
miohin

Post by miohin »

Picked up a PSA Dagger Compact. I really did not want to get a Glock/Glock clone, but then went to the range and shot a Gen 3 G19 better than anything else, so here we are... Hard to say no to the price as well as having access to the wide parts/accessory availability.
Lurker
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Check this one out, this is a .22 lr pistol from Sig called the P322.
6CD18440-43A7-4A94-ABF8-1E9472CEBAC6.jpeg
It’s got a lot of features. Fiber optic sights, ambidextrous safety and slide release, reversible magazine release, red dot plate, flared mag well, threaded barrel adapter and 2 triggers; a flat and a curved one. It also comes with 2 20 round magazines and 25 round magazines are available.

I’ve shot about 800 rounds out of mine. I haven’t cleaned it once. I’ve only had one failure to feed and I simply pulled the slide back and it cycled the next round.

I’m quite impressed with this pistol but I’ve heard they do not all perform as well as this one. So be conscious of that if you go to get one.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
JestersHK

Post by JestersHK »

miohin wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:09 pm

Picked up a PSA Dagger Compact. I really did not want to get a Glock/Glock clone, but then went to the range and shot a Gen 3 G19 better than anything else, so here we are... Hard to say no to the price as well as having access to the wide parts/accessory availability.
For the money you can't beat the features on the dagger. PSA is doing the lords work and they are a fantastic company to support. I picked this up a week or so ago for $260 on their daily deals...
Attachments
Resized_20230620_150129.jpeg
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

$260! That's my favorite flavor.

As for the G19,
my son-in-law let me shoot the one issued to him by the USSS.
I have to confess, it was smooth and intuitively accurate,
if there is such a thing.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
benben

Post by benben »

Just bought my daughter a new Gen3 Glock 19. She’s leaving in a month to go back to college, I’ve been in research overdrive lately, pretty much had my mind made up in the gun shop parking lot I was walking in to buy a Glock 48, walked out with a G19.
71159282181__DF98AB0A-5DAD-4B84-80C8-C62A37668B40.jpeg
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

I've been busy reloading & shooting :winking-tongue

Recent acquisition is a NIB Glock 30s with stock sights; these are the first 20 rounds through the pistol with my 200gr HI-Tek coated SWC handloads. It's the beginning of a long lasting relationship :smiling-heart-eyes

toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Was out this past weekend looking for some Hogue slip on grip accessories when I just 'HAD' to rescue this 6 1/2" .357/9mm convertible for six Benjamin's at a local Cabela's from not being shot anytime soon; a former cowboy action shooter had given it up... I just couldn't pass on it :cheap-sunglasses

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

toxophilus wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:26 am
Was out this past weekend looking for some Hogue slip on grip accessories when I just 'HAD' to rescue this 6 1/2" .357/9mm convertible for six Benjamin's at a local Cabela's from not being shot anytime soon; a former cowboy action shooter had given it up... I just couldn't pass on it :cheap-sunglasses

Wow, rare as hen's teeth these days! Takes everything from Ruger-only 357 rounds (ouch!) to lightly loaded bargain 115grn 9mm. Great find.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

toxophilus wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:22 am
I've been busy reloading & shooting :winking-tongue

Recent acquisition is a NIB Glock 30s with stock sights; these are the first 20 rounds through the pistol with my 200gr HI-Tek coated SWC handloads. It's the beginning of a long lasting relationship :smiling-heart-eyes

Great gun, even better shooting!
Congratulations
I love the 45 Auto. They're just special imo.
BourbonCowboy

Post by BourbonCowboy »

It's been a while since I last visited the forum, so I've bought a few guns.
*HK VP9 Long slide
*HK P30SK
*Mossberg Shockwave

But my latest is a simple Mossberg 500A - which I tricked out a bit.

mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:42 pm
Thanks for the suggestions.
Try this web site for the best deal on what ever gun that you are looking for, they provide a list that includes prices and web sites for the item that you are searching for.
https://gun.deals
Otherwise go to Grab a gun or Buds guns.
https://grabagun.com
https://www.budsgunshop.com
Not sure what state you are in but here in GA we have the Georgia outdoor trader where you can do a person to person trade or buy. I've gotten quite a few Glocks (as well as other guns there). Fortunately the Glock Head quarters is here in Smyrna Ga (20 Min from work). After a purchase, I take it to Glock and they go through it and replace the worn parts and weak springs for free. They will rebuild or replace the mags too.
What ever you choose, enjoy your new weapon.
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

True, that. I scored a **** of a deal from grabagun
for an AR15 rifle and an AR15 pistol.
From buds I've bought ammunition.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

My scope finally came in today.
A Steiner T6xi 2.5-15x50 (34mm)
Made in the 🇺🇸 but, using Schott glass from 🇩🇪
I've never looked thru glass as nice as this.
Really excited to get it mounted tomorrow
It'll be going on that SOLGW M4 76 13.7"
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

*This was in response to something Vivi posted a while back. I forgot to quote it in this post, so my comment may seem out of context*

I have a VP9 and a VP9SK. I can't say enough good things about both. I had a M&P Shield Plus for my EDC, but I kept inadvertently hitting the mag release when drawing. So I carried my full size VP9 for a while until I got the SK. I love the paddle release and it's fully ambi; as a lefty I really appreciate that. They are both real sweet shooters.