How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cowboyfromhell
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:56 pm

How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby Cowboyfromhell » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:26 am

Really want a manix 2 in g10 or lightweight, which ever I can get my paws on first! When should we start seeing these for sale?

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9752
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby bearfacedkiller » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:34 am

Soon. They were in the last reveal which means they should be out within three months.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 2976
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby JuPaul » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:47 am

Also, the manix g10 and lw, and the shaman, had actual samples at SHOT show. So my guess is they'll start dropping first.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

Luke2236
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:32 am

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby Luke2236 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:34 am

I was going to get a manix g10 in rex 45 but I believe I’ve changed my mind to a native 5. Better yet I may just get both.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby koenigsegg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:52 am

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:47 am
Also, the manix g10 and lw, and the shaman, had actual samples at SHOT show. So my guess is they'll start dropping first.
This was my thought but then why did they only have a spy27 native and it's not in the reveal at all? I do wish we had a better idea of when stuff was actually available. I do good at dealer exclusives usually but sprints are more difficult. Got lucky with rex45. Lesser known sites are your friend lol
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby jdw » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:01 am

They were making REX45 Shamans for KC. It makes sense to me that they would make their Sprint at the same time.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 am

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby Pancake » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:15 am

Image
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
On belt: Waterway

Johncjeff
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:33 pm

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby Johncjeff » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:23 am

Pancake wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:15 am
Image


Image

I want it NOW!!!!

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 2976
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby JuPaul » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:18 am

koenigsegg wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:52 am
JuPaul wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:47 am
Also, the manix g10 and lw, and the shaman, had actual samples at SHOT show. So my guess is they'll start dropping first.
This was my thought but then why did they only have a spy27 native and it's not in the reveal at all? I do wish we had a better idea of when stuff was actually available. I do good at dealer exclusives usually but sprints are more difficult. Got lucky with rex45. Lesser known sites are your friend lol
Good point. Well now I'm back to clueless, my most familiar state of being. :p
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby koenigsegg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:20 am

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:18 am

Good point. Well now I'm back to clueless, my most familiar state of being. :p
It's what Sal wants
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

GarageBoy
Member
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:49 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby GarageBoy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:37 pm

It's patience followed by immediacy - when they come live, you gotta pounce - which dealers when have them first is the question

Notsurewhy
Member
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby Notsurewhy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:44 pm

I was looking at the rex45 knives in the reveal, trying to convince myself that I don't hate orange and I realized the Rex g10 manix is only $5 more that the lightweight. Is that a mistake? The Rex g10 native for example is $75 more than the lightweight. Something seems off there.

User avatar
VooDooChild
Member
Posts: 1032
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 am

Re: How much longer for rex 45 models to be available

Postby VooDooChild » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:19 pm

Notsurewhy wrote: I was looking at the rex45 knives in the reveal, trying to convince myself that I don't hate orange and I realized the Rex g10 manix is only $5 more that the lightweight. Is that a mistake? The Rex g10 native for example is $75 more than the lightweight. Something seems off there.
We talked about this in some other thread. Nobody knew why. The rex 45 native lightweight is the cheapest of all of them though.
sal wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 pm
... "The edge is a ghost"...


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ankerson, Baron Mind, Bemo, Bill1170, DTPrime, husq2100, Rp5, steelcity16 and 37 guests

cron