Manix Observations (C95 vs XL)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Re: Manix Observations (C95 vs XL)

Post by apollo »

For the original a toolsteel would indeed be best. But for us to see this rebirth coming to life we still need more voices and also we need someone around here with a better channel to spyderco's ears to help us out to make this a reality.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I have no doubt a ~600 piece run in an attractive steel / color combo would sell out within 24 hours. M4 / jade g10, 4v / red g10, or if possible the green scales / black blade cruwear combo.

Any of those would sell. They'd look great, perform great, and let newer fans experience a classic.

It seems like a model that has been slowly gaining interest over time. Probably appeals to a lot of the people that weren't around for the first generation of the Manix.

I'm a big fan of both gens. Prefer carrying the 2, prefer using the 1. No folder fits my hand as well as the original C95....especially the CE version I have with hand contoured scales.

While I could nitpick about stock thickness and the index choil, when it comes to ergonomics it feels like I designed my own knife for my specific hand size. That's a rare thing for me to find, as most knives feel too small in my grip, and the ones that don't often feel too clunky and heavy to want to carry.
:unicorn
apollo

Post by apollo »

vivi wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:05 am
I have no doubt a ~600 piece run in an attractive steel / color combo would sell out within 24 hours. M4 / jade g10, 4v / red g10, or if possible the green scales / black blade cruwear combo.

Any of those would sell. They'd look great, perform great, and let newer fans experience a classic.

It seems like a model that has been slowly gaining interest over time. Probably appeals to a lot of the people that weren't around for the first generation of the Manix.

I'm a big fan of both gens. Prefer carrying the 2, prefer using the 1. No folder fits my hand as well as the original C95....especially the CE version I have with hand contoured scales.

While I could nitpick about stock thickness and the index choil, when it comes to ergonomics it feels like I designed my own knife for my specific hand size. That's a rare thing for me to find, as most knives feel too small in my grip, and the ones that don't often feel too clunky and heavy to want to carry.
I agree with most but i find the 600 pieces would be to low it needs to get across the pond aswel not only for US customers!
vivi

Post by vivi »

I could see 1,200 working too. Seems like the last few Manix XL sprints did pretty well compared to the old S90V sprint that didn't move too fast.
apollo

Post by apollo »

vivi wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:52 am
I could see 1,200 working too. Seems like the last few Manix XL sprints did pretty well compared to the old S90V sprint that didn't move too fast.
Sadly those were exclusives and no sprints :worried
But they did indeed sell very well!
vivi

Post by vivi »

bump. I'll need to take a new photo of the thumb ramps being compared, the XL's is at a steeper angle which is another reason the ergos of the C95 are better for my hand.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Make it scaled down to Delica/Chapparel dimensions and I am in. Way to big for this guy as is
vivi

Post by vivi »

twinboysdad wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:58 am
Make it scaled down to Delica/Chapparel dimensions and I am in. Way to big for this guy as is
maybe they could do a run of the mini version if they c95 were brought back?
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

SG89 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:36 pm
For real Spyderco, get this man a sprint C95 already
HEAR HEAR... and for the rest of us, bring it back as well :grin-sweat
CDEP

Post by CDEP »

I'd be all over this. The Manix 2 with the CBBL wants to jump out of my average sized hand when closing one-handed, while the XL is perfect - if a bit large for frequent carry.

A C95 in Cru-Wear would be an instant buy.
Brian
vivi

Post by vivi »

Seeing the XL join the crucarta line-up was a huge surprise. Made me very happy. Seeing the C95 brought back in that same configuration would be amazing!