Any dog lovers?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
max808

Re: Any dog lovers?

Post by max808 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:04 am
I post with a very heavy heart, that our Tony "Bubby" passed last night in his sleep. We rescued him 8 years ago, and he gave us some wonderful memories over those 8 years. He never had an easy life, always on medication for sezuires, steroids for his back legs the past couple years, and then going blind this past year. Through all that, he remained about as normal as he was when younger, all things considered. This past weekend things began going downhill. He was scheduled for a vet appointment this morning, but did not make it. I know everyone here knows the feeling of a losing a pet, it really sucks. They take a part of our heart with them.

This is the last picture I have of him, before going blind. Always such a happy little guy.

This is my coffee mug my wife had made for me a few years ago. On the right is my dog "Goldie Girl" that I grew up with and had from when I was 10 years old until I was 23. She has angel wings. Now my Bubby will join her in doggie heaven. Hopefully they get along, Bubby never cared much for other dogs!!

Sorry for your loss Rick, if it's any comfort I strongly believe they're all hanging out in doggie heaven doing what dogs love to do. My boys been chasing tail in the Elysian fields for over a year now and I still drink to his health every time...
:wolf :wolf :wolf
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

My wife had this one pop up on her Facebook memories page today :rofl I miss him soooo much already :sad-but-relieved

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Haha! Google memories is good and bad..... It brings up pics of Leroy all the time. I am still not completely over my loss of him. I miss you Leroy. :crying-face
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Tuesday night (he passed Tuesday morning) my wife and I decided to have more drinks than usual, look back at all of our photos and videos and cry our eyes out. Try to get it all out before we had to be functioning people with jobs on Wednesday. Sometimes a great cry really does feel good! Obviously still very fresh in our minds, but feels ever so slightly easier. At least while busy at work. Being home is very awkward.

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I just stumbled on this late and I’m so sorry . Losing a pet is rough , reading the post brought a lot of memories of my dogs in the past and realized I had only kept the good memories and lost and gave up the bad . Buddy Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Hi Rick, just seeing this and I’m so sorry for your loss…most of us here unfortunately know what y’all are going through and it’s really tough but rest assured Goldie Girl has Bubby under her wings and she’s doing a little rescuing of her own now…👊
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:04 am
I post with a very heavy heart, that our Tony "Bubby" passed last night in his sleep. We rescued him 8 years ago, and he gave us some wonderful memories over those 8 years. He never had an easy life, always on medication for sezuires, steroids for his back legs the past couple years, and then going blind this past year. Through all that, he remained about as normal as he was when younger, all things considered. This past weekend things began going downhill. He was scheduled for a vet appointment this morning, but did not make it. I know everyone here knows the feeling of a losing a pet, it really sucks. They take a part of our heart with them.

This is the last picture I have of him, before going blind. Always such a happy little guy.

This is my coffee mug my wife had made for me a few years ago. On the right is my dog "Goldie Girl" that I grew up with and had from when I was 10 years old until I was 23. She has angel wings. Now my Bubby will join her in doggie heaven. Hopefully they get along, Bubby never cared much for other dogs!!

Rick,
I'm sorry for your loss.
That is the only down side of having a dog, they don't live very long.
A dog provides unconditional love 24/7.
Get another pooch, that will help relieve the pain in your heart.
Praying for a healing heart in Jesus name, Amen.
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Thanks guys, we appreciate all the kind words.

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image He’s back and ready to party ! Image Ozzie sitting in front of fan in garage .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Gabe and I went out to do some rockhounding, hiking and 4x4ing around Idaho Springs, Central City and Rollinsville. Good day in the high country.
GABE.jpg
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

My wife and the kid have been checking online at local shelters for our next dog. It feels a little soon, but I get it. The kitty is ok...but sorry, they just can't live up having a dog! I imagine within the next few weeks I'll be posting a new member of the family.

-Rick
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:43 am
Image He’s back and ready to party ! Image Ozzie sitting in front of fan in garage .
Awesome shots Dan 👊
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

troutinCO wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:43 am
Gabe and I went out to do some rockhounding, hiking and 4x4ing around Idaho Springs, Central City and Rollinsville. Good day in the high country.
GABE.jpg
Man if there had just been a Spyderco somewhere in this photo Gabe would have won Photo of the Week!!! 👏
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:53 am
My wife and the kid have been checking online at local shelters for our next dog. It feels a little soon, but I get it. The kitty is ok...but sorry, they just can't live up having a dog! I imagine within the next few weeks I'll be posting a new member of the family.
That’s great news Rick 👊
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:53 am
I’m happy to hear this news ! I miss having a dog , even a cat that thinks he is a dog just doesn’t cut it .
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Meanwhile at daughters house Cruz pretends to guard the cat from viscous Raccoons that may want to steal the food .
Henry David Thoreau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Old girl is almost 17 years old. Naps more than awake these days.
MRj “Weak things break!”
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

17 years!! That's awesome! She's earned those naps.

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImage Ozzie had a rough day , just back from vet after getting nutured . He loves his pillow !
Last edited by Manixguy@1994 on Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry David Thoreau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Aw man what a tough day. Sorry for your loss buddy. It will benefit you in the future. I promise.
MRj “Weak things break!”