Straight Spine Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tristan_david2001

Re: Straight Spine Stretch

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

Thanks yall. I couldn’t remember when I first picked one up!
:bug-red-white
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Tristan_david2001 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:00 am
Thanks yall. I couldn’t remember when I first picked one up!

I had to edit my post about when I got mine from December to November 2019... you know why?

Cause at first I found an invoice from December, but that was actually for a BACKUP for my SS Stretch that I had already bought in November... this is how much I liked the knife (and because it was a sprint, just shortly available)!

Later I realized though that I like the Stretch 1 even a bit more, so I sold both of my Ivory SS Stretches and focussed on the "1".
I kind of regret it though. Would like to still own one these days, I found the ivory scales to be really special.
If the ivory Stretch had come in SE also, I´d 100% still have one.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

it’s an amazing design. I have yet to hold a stretch1 model before but I’d be really interested to compare how they feel in hand. but I really admire the stretch 2 ss ergonomics. and I prefer the straight spine for some reason I can’t quite put my finger on.
The ivory color is interesting and appealing also, even though I tend to find frn cheaper and non preferable most cases. I atleast wish they didn’t make the components that hold the back spring against the lock bar out of frn, once I took it fully apart it never quite fit back together correctly again and the spring tension in the action is quite a bit weaker, not a huge issue but just a minor annoyance. I hope we see the ss stretch 2 in some other handle material variations in the future, but I suspect the xl might be taking up that production space for some time
:bug-red-white