Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Striple765Rider

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by Striple765Rider »

vivi wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:40 pm
Striple765Rider wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:07 pm
Chicago Knifeworks has the Swayback for only $177 and if you aren't already on their mailing list and sign up (like I did) it takes another 5% off. I just grabbed one and it came to $168 shipped (free shipping)! It's hard to find a used one for that cheap.
https://www.chicagoknifeworks.com/spyde ... gral-lock/
they've got such good prices. they've been my main source of knives & hiking / camping gear lately.
I sadly never even heard of them until the other day. I even had to google to see if they were legit. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I just got notification a bit ago that it shipped. Granted it’s that stupid “label has been created” update. But I’m sure it’ll go out tomorrow though and coming from Chicago hopefully I’ll have it by Friday at the latest.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
vivi

Post by vivi »

they're fast shippers. when I order it's usually at my door in 2-3 days
:unicorn
xnmw

Post by xnmw »

Got in on that DACK deal for a Cruwear PM2, thank you Richard. I’m more a full-size military guy but I have to see what the hype is about. Good deals; I want to see those Technos when y’all get em!
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

xnmw wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:40 am
Got in on that DACK deal for a Cruwear PM2, thank you Richard. I’m more a full-size military guy but I have to see what the hype is about. Good deals; I want to see those Technos when y’all get em!
Your welcome. I'm glad to have a way to contribute to the forum.

My only concern is how thin the micarta walls are around the lock. It's cosmetic, but I only see the issue getting bigger on the M2. RC Bladeworks offers thicker replacement scales for the Para 2 and Jake Hoback offers a full-length backspacer if you decide to modify yours.
- Richard
vivi

Post by vivi »

https://old.reddit.com/r/Knife_Swap/com ... t_kershaw/

$100 shipped for a Zulu. be fast, won't last beyond tonight I'm guessing.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

vivi wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:33 pm

While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't think posting a link to a used knife from a post on reddit is in the spirit of this thread for "Crazy good deals."
GonzoRider

Post by GonzoRider »

Wright.88 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:17 am
vivi wrote:

While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't think posting a link to a used knife from a post on reddit is in the spirit of this thread for "Crazy good deals."
I just bought a St. Nick's Goddard off of that same Reddit group so I appreciate the heads up. Would've bought this Zulu if I had the funds to spare at the moment. It's a crazy good deal on a Spyderco so I don't see the problem.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -HST
vivi

Post by vivi »

Wright.88 wrote:
vivi wrote:

If the people that run this forum make that a rule I'll follow it.

Until then I'll keep on posting crazy deals on spydercos to the thread for crazy deals on spydercos.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

vivi wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:18 am
Wright.88 wrote:
vivi wrote:

If the people that run this forum make that a rule I'll follow it.

Until then I'll keep on posting crazy deals on spydercos to the thread for crazy deals on spydercos.
“The people that run this forum” have already made that rule. Spyderco does not allow public b/s/t here on the forum. Advertising personal or private sales being hosted on other forums is nearly equivalent to that.

I know you’re already aware but according to the official Spyderco Forum Guidelines - Guideline 5 states “Do not post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, SPAM, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation in Spyderco Forum. This includes the trading and selling of knives or other goods. This includes any listing of any kind, a forum thread, post or signature line.”

Whether or not the knife sale you’re posting is yours doesn’t matter, it is still soliciting a private sale. I agree with Wright.88, the “crazy good deals” posted in this thread should remain retail deals only and not be used to solicit private sales.
-Nick :bug-red
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

Well, wish me luck fellers. I ordered a Ti Endura. Should be a few left.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SX529QW?ps ... yp_imgToDp
- Richard
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Got the email from Dack saying they couldn’t honor the price for the Stretch 2XL Salt I ordered. No biggie as I already have one in VG-10, but this is the first time they’ve not been able to deliver for me. The Military 2 I ordered made it though so they’re still good to go so long as you’re not dead set on something in particular.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

I got the same email. Told them I was okay with waiting and Dack agreed to place the knife on backorder and honor the price.
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

That's not encouraging. I also ordered te Stretch 2 XL Salt SE and have been patiently waiting. No email, yet.
- Richard
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

riclaw wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:54 pm
That's not encouraging. I also ordered te Stretch 2 XL Salt SE and have been patiently waiting. No email, yet.
Same here. Well.. no follow-up email on my Stretch 2 XL Salt order that is.. Dack sends me at least an email a day otherwise hahah. I agree, not encouraging.. i'm still hoping for the best though, that deal was too good to pass up!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
im25feetup

Post by im25feetup »

I also ordered the Stretch 2 XL from DACK, also got refunded after 30 days. Weird thing was is that I got shipping confirmation after 2-3 weeks. Then got tracking info. Followed the package online to my house. Saw it was delivered by UPS, but the picture was just the guys shoes on my porch. UPS gave me the runaround and wouldn’t help me, they closed my case within minutes. DACK replies to my email a week later, promising to look into it. A few days later they tell me that it wasn’t shipped in the first place. A week after that they send the email cancelling the sale.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Just sent a follow-up email to Dack because the website shows the Stretch 2XL Salt SE back in stock. Conveniently, two days after they wanted to cancel my order due to "an inventory discrepancy." Not accusing Dack of anything, not at this point anyway, but we'll have to see how they respond to my inquiry.
DukeBrnz

Post by DukeBrnz »

riclaw wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:31 pm
Decided to roll those dice myself. It’ll be pretty sweet if it works out.
xnmw

Post by xnmw »

DukeBrnz wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:36 pm
riclaw wrote:
What are the odds it's counterfeit? I don't order on Amazon ever since they sent me used shoes.

Also, ordered from Dack 1/22; tracking info says PM2 Crucarta coming this Tuesday. Pumped!
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I've gotten one or two duds from Amazon, but they make it so easy to return stuff it really isn't that big a deal.

Go to the website, print the return label and drop it off at a UPS Store.

I look for knives that are sold and shipped by Amazon.
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

xnmw wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm
DukeBrnz wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:36 pm
riclaw wrote:
What are the odds it's counterfeit? I don't order on Amazon ever since they sent me used shoes.

Also, ordered from Dack 1/22; tracking info says PM2 Crucarta coming this Tuesday. Pumped!
The seller is Amazon Japan. Amazon's international return policy allows for returns within 30 days of receipt. A return label can be provided or purchasers can be reimbursed for return shipping costs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... MXBTJHKUJW

I hope you enjoy the Crucarta model. :bug-red :bug-white-red
- Richard