Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Mako109
Member
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: Seattle/San Francisco, USA

Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby Mako109 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:08 pm

I'm late to the party as usual and now that I see you all got your's, I want one too.

Rediscovering how wonderful the Manix 2 is after EDCing one for the past week. Love it.

Putting in my plea to Spyderco to do another run of Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV.

Anyone else interested or have you all moved on to other flavors?
Last edited by Mako109 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
Mako109
Member
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: Seattle/San Francisco, USA

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby Mako109 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:11 pm

Vivi wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:09 pm
Selfish request for the Manix XL to be run in a third steel before the model gets the disco ball.
I haven't been following the XL. What steels have been made available for it?

User avatar
Vivi
Member
Posts: 6057
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby Vivi » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Mako109 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:11 pm
Vivi wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:09 pm
Selfish request for the Manix XL to be run in a third steel before the model gets the disco ball.
I haven't been following the XL. What steels have been made available for it?
It's been run three ways.

S30V

S30V with a different handle

S90V / cf

Over the course of about a decade.

Most models get more sprints within 6-12 months.

I'm sure they've got their reasons, but I can't help but feel like it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Model X doesn't sell that well so lets not give it sprints....making it continue to sell poorly.

The Police 4, IMO, generated more interest in a year than the Police 3 did in a decade largely because of the steel.

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 2961
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby steelcity16 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Vivi wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:09 pm

Selfish request for the Manix XL to be run in a third steel before the model gets the disco ball.

+1 I have to imagine it is in the works for a BHQ Jade M4 exclusive. They are running out of models to do and every one sells out so why wouldn't they???
:spyder: NEED MORE CRUWEAR :spyder:

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 911
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby JonLeBlanc » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:26 pm

Mako109 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:08 pm
I'm late to the party as usual and now that I see you all got your's, I want one too.

Rediscovering how wonderful the Manix 2 is after EDCing one for the past week. Love it.

Putting in my plea to Spyderco to do another run of Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV.

Anyone else interested or have you all moved on to other flavors?
I seem to recall a brown G-10/M390 Manix exclusive being in the works for the near future; am I right about that? Although I could be thinking of something else entirely... :rolleyes:
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

SteveMidwest
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby SteveMidwest » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Mako109 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:08 pm
I'm late to the party as usual and now that I see you all got your's, I want one too.

Rediscovering how wonderful the Manix 2 is after EDCing one for the past week. Love it.

Putting in my plea to Spyderco to do another run of Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV.

Anyone else interested or have you all moved on to other flavors?

Your wish, shall soon come to fruition! :D
There are two M390 Brown Manix 2's, on the 2019 upcoming list (Satin & DLC), and, DLT Trading has said, they will get another batch of the Red G10 20CV knives made, at some point in the future. If you may want to try a light weight version? We are also looking for the Manix 2 CPM-S90V Black DLC Blade Orange FRN Cutlery Shoppe (USA) to drop soon-ish.
So just hang on Buddy!

Lets not forget, too. Spyderco production, is always booked out for about a year ahead of time.

Here is a picture of my Red G10 20CV DLT Trading Manix 2. Sitting along side my TRM Neutron. I swear, even under magnification. This Red G10, looks to have came off of the same sheet of material.

Image

User avatar
Mako109
Member
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: Seattle/San Francisco, USA

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby Mako109 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:44 pm

SteveMidwest wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:34 pm
Mako109 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:08 pm
I'm late to the party as usual and now that I see you all got your's, I want one too.

Rediscovering how wonderful the Manix 2 is after EDCing one for the past week. Love it.

Putting in my plea to Spyderco to do another run of Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV.

Anyone else interested or have you all moved on to other flavors?

Your wish, shall soon come to fruition! :D
There are two M390 Brown Manix 2's, on the 2019 upcoming list (Satin & DLC), and, DLT Trading has said, they will get another batch of the Red G10 20CV knives made, at some point in the future. If you may want to try a light weight version? We are also looking for the Manix 2 CPM-S90V Black DLC Blade Orange FRN Cutlery Shoppe (USA) to drop soon-ish.
So just hang on Buddy!


My heart is does a little dance at this wonderful news. HOLY MOLY! Thank you for the news SteveMidwest!

P.S. Like your Neutron! I made the waiting list for an Atom. Anxious to experience what everyone has been raving about.

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby TomAiello » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:00 pm

I'd definitely be into a 20cv/204p/m390 Manix. I'd love to see Knifeworks do one in 204p to match their military and PM2.

I'd also be into the XL in a sprint steel. I'd love it in K390, 4v/v4e, or Cruwear. I'd definitely take it in the m390 family, though. 52100 wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd buy that one as well.

SteveMidwest
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby SteveMidwest » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:14 am

You're welcome, Mako109. I'm always happy to pass around some excitement! :D

I too, made it onto the Atom waiting list. A little farther down the list though, than is normal for me, or to my liking. The one day out of 200, that I didn't get into my email box for a few hours. In the middle part of the day. Was the day she sent out the notification, to get on the list. I didn't see that email for 6 hours, after it was sent! :(

But, thank goodness. I did make it on in time. :p

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 2961
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby steelcity16 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 am

I would like to make the selfish request for a CRUWEAR Manix 2 in PEEL PLY G10. We have had argyle G10, smooth G10, and CF, but no good old PEEL PLY G10. :(

I would like to extend that request to a Peel Ply G10 CRUWEAR Manix XL and Manix Backlock. As well as a Translucent Smoke Gray FRCP CRUWEAR Manix LW.

That is all. Thank you! :D
:spyder: NEED MORE CRUWEAR :spyder:

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby jdw » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:34 am

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:26 pm
Mako109 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:08 pm
I'm late to the party as usual and now that I see you all got your's, I want one too.

Rediscovering how wonderful the Manix 2 is after EDCing one for the past week. Love it.

Putting in my plea to Spyderco to do another run of Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV.

Anyone else interested or have you all moved on to other flavors?
I seem to recall a brown G-10/M390 Manix exclusive being in the works for the near future; am I right about that? Although I could be thinking of something else entirely... :rolleyes:
Brown M390 and Brown M390 DLC are showing on the delivered and upcoming thread.
“All of my words, if not well put nor well taken, are well meant."
-- Woody Guthrie

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby TomAiello » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:41 am

It sold out fast enough that I bet DLT will do another run.

But I'd say that directing your request to DLT, rather than Spyderco, is more likely to get results sooner.

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby jdw » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am

It seems that someone posted earlier that DLT had put out on Instagram that they were doing a DLC version of the red as well.
“All of my words, if not well put nor well taken, are well meant."
-- Woody Guthrie

User avatar
DougC-3
Member
Posts: 3456
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: The zone... between the zone... between the zzooone.......

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby DougC-3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:21 am

jdw wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am
It seems that someone posted earlier that DLT had put out on Instagram that they were doing a DLC version of the red as well.
I'm pretty well stocked with DLC M2's and have been planning on getting the satin one, since I don't have any 20CV... and it's so stainless, but black blades go nicely with red scales, like the Native 5 Never Summer exclusive... any confirmation about the instagram?
:spyder: :cool:
Upcoming on my spydie-radar: M4 Dodo, 20CV M2, LW Lil' Native, then LW P3 or Sage 5? brown DLC M390 M2? ;) :spyder:

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 7485
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 am

XL M390
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby TomAiello » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:34 am

I'm happy enough with my Manix 2 in M390 that I'd love to buy a back up.

And DLC would be super cool for me. I'd probably either swap it into the KW exclusive chassis (because I love the all black look) or try to replicate that by getting liners coated and light colored scales.

I'd love to see the XL sprinted, but I'm not sure M390 is my first choice there. But I'd buy it, and I think it would help the sales a lot to go with M390 (which has name recognition). Personally, I'd rather see Sleipner, 3v, Cruwear or 4v/v4e (in that order).

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2447
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby TkoK83Spy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:35 am

jdw wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am
It seems that someone posted earlier that DLT had put out on Instagram that they were doing a DLC version of the red as well.
Is this a set in stone thing?? I'm loving mine in 20CV...but with those scales and a DLC blade/hardware/liners...MUST HAVE!
Currently have 17 :spyder: 's in 13 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby jdw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:46 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:35 am
jdw wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am
It seems that someone posted earlier that DLT had put out on Instagram that they were doing a DLC version of the red as well.
Is this a set in stone thing?? I'm loving mine in 20CV...but with those scales and a DLC blade/hardware/liners...MUST HAVE!
I can't verify that it is even true. Someone on the board said that it was an Instagram post from DLT. If you are adept with Instagram it could probably be found.
“All of my words, if not well put nor well taken, are well meant."
-- Woody Guthrie

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 2961
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Selfish request for another Manix 2 in M390 or 20CV

Postby steelcity16 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:33 pm

jdw wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:46 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:35 am
jdw wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am
It seems that someone posted earlier that DLT had put out on Instagram that they were doing a DLC version of the red as well.
Is this a set in stone thing?? I'm loving mine in 20CV...but with those scales and a DLC blade/hardware/liners...MUST HAVE!
I can't verify that it is even true. Someone on the board said that it was an Instagram post from DLT. If you are adept with Instagram it could probably be found.

I've talked to some dealers in the past and my understanding is that they have exclusive rights to the g10 color/blade finish combo. So I believe St Nick's is the only dealer who can do Red G10 with DLC, and DLT is the only dealer who can do Red G10 with Satin. I could be wrong, and maybe policies have changed, but that was the info I was given at the time.

The dealer was saying they were having a hard time locking down a G10 color for a new steel they wanted to use for an exclusive because all of the popular colors were exclusive to other dealers. I suggested White G10 with DLC! THAT would be a great combo! :D
:spyder: NEED MORE CRUWEAR :spyder:


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: agum, Ankerson, bouhunter, Enactive, FullFlatMind, GiftedMisfit, Google [Bot], gunmike1, Kleon, MSN [Bot], soc_monki, spyderwolf and 31 guests