Cruwear Micarta Native follow up to the Shaman??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ctrikard

Re: Cruwear Micarta Native follow up to the Shaman??

Post by ctrikard »

Oh man I so hope it has that satin finish. That big beautiful blade with that finish would be gorgeous
Marcus52AR

Post by Marcus52AR »

Yes please! I would definitely buy a native 5 in cruwear and micarta.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Cruwear + Micarta would make an awesome Delica and Dragonfly as well! And they are using Cruwear in Seki now and have used Micarta in the past there (Jester), so maybe this will actually happen one day! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I'm tempted to get the Cruwear Native with smooth G10 and see if I can get custom micarta scales made for it. I'm sure the smooth G10 is perfectly functional. It just doesn't make my heart beat faster when I see it.
Marcus52AR

Post by Marcus52AR »

This idea needs more hype!

Bump
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:26 am
Since it seems like Spyderco is getting the Micarta issues sorted out here.....

Did not read the whole thread, so maybe that´s been disussed already:

But do you think they really HAVE totally sorted out any "Micarta issues"? Or maybe just concerning knives coming from Golden (and so out of a rather dry climate, and not a probably more hot and humid one like in Taichung?)

I´d love to see more Spyders in Micarta! Have a Custom-Micarta Endura, would take a completely made by Spyderco one (maybe a bit countoured?) in a heartbeat...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Isn’t micarta used for circuit boards? I’d think that would be a much more sensitive use case for any changes in dimension. Or was the problem way-too-critical users?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:30 pm
Cruwear + Micarta would make an awesome Delica and Dragonfly as well! And they are using Cruwear in Seki now and have used Micarta in the past there (Jester), so maybe this will actually happen one day! :D
A micarta delica and dragonfly would be instant buys for me, in vg10, s30v, hap40, whatever. But cruwear would be a bonus!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

So based on the Cru-carta mania, I am hoping that this is already in the works. A Cru-carta Native with liners like the S110V version (not sure they can do linerless Micarta?) would be a heck-uv-a mini pocket tank! Matte OD Green Micarta gets my vote.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:16 pm
So based on the Cru-carta mania, I am hoping that this is already in the works. A Cru-carta Native with liners like the S110V version (not sure they can do linerless Micarta?) would be a heck-uv-a mini pocket tank! Matte OD Green Micarta gets my vote.
It would be hard for me to pass this up, even though I love my KC exclusive Cruwear Native. I would prefer natural brown to match the Shaman.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Enactive wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:29 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
It would be hard for me to pass this up, even though I love my KC exclusive Cruwear Native. I would prefer natural brown to match the Shaman.

Based on some of Sal's comments on here and bladeforums, I am guessing the next micarta Shamans are going to be OD Green/Cruwear, and Denim/K390. So my vote for OD Green is to match my future OD Green Cru-carta Shaman. :D That said, brown would also work to match my current Cru-carta Shaman!
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:46 pm
Enactive wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:29 pm
steelcity16 wrote:

Based on some of Sal's comments on here and bladeforums, I am guessing the next micarta Shamans are going to be OD Green/Cruwear, and Denim/K390. So my vote for OD Green is to match my future OD Green Cru-carta Shaman. :D That said, brown would also work to match my current Cru-carta Shaman!
Yes, either would do. :D :spyder: :cool:
dmcblade

Post by dmcblade »

Year-and-a-half bump! Been looking into Native upgrade options and found this thread. Anyone heard any more rumors on a Cru-carta Native? This would be my ideal knife. I love my Native Salt, and the Native platform overall. And lately, I've been thinking about getting another, upgraded, version. But it's next to impossible to find any of the cruwear or CF models (in new condition and from a reputable dealer).
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

It seems like it would be one of the easiest to pull off quickly since they should be able to use the linered S110V Native platform and just throw some Micarta slabs on there with some Cruwear blades. Manix and Manix XL should be simple too I would think?
dmcblade

Post by dmcblade »

That's what I was thinking. They should already have the stock...right?
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

Yes, but I'd really really love to see it contoured like the fluted versions. Flat micarta just doesn't have quite the same appeal as contoured micarta.
kobold

Post by kobold »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:26 am
I'd like to see rough textured OD Green matte Canvas Micarta and both Satin and DLC blade options.

Please stop reading my mind. :eek: :D
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
kobold

Post by kobold »

I see a gap in the Native lineup. G10 and FRN are plastics and as such are fine for gardening, yard work and similar heavy duty tasks, but are not attractive for office environments, social occasions or for urban EDC.

On the high end we have the fluted Ti Native which is absolutely gorgeous and would - I feel - satisfy most everybody looking for something nice. But there is nothing between the fluted Ti and the plastics. I know there is a fluted CF in S90V, and that would be my default goto model, but it is never in stock.

That leaves us with OD, denim, linen, and so on micarta, that could fill this gap of smart casual.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I'd be a fan of a Crucarta Native. My one ask is that it be regular production. Clearly, the we love Crucarta.

I understand that the collectors need to feel special, but frankly I don't have any interest in buying a knife I'm not going to use, and I certainly don't have any intention of buying a knife on the secondary market for 3x MSRP.

So, bring on all the Crucartas - but please bring enough to share.

Oh, and I agree with SteelCity above - OD green canvas micarta is the preference.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Would be a pick up for me!