The Drunken: Amazing Knife, Ruined by its Pocket Clip.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mikey177

Re: The Drunken: Amazing Knife, Ruined by its Pocket Clip.

Post by mikey177 »

Thank you. The Drunken's price was the main reason I refrained from buying it for two years :)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Nice Mikey!

I've been contemplating buying the Drunken. I like Sinkevich designs and of course I like Spyderco. It would be a no brainer for me if it wasn't so expensive. Now I'm wishing I would've bought a factory second when I had the opportunity.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Thanks! I like Sinkevich's 04xx series from ZT, so I was smitten by the Drunken ever since I first saw photos of it. But yes, the price tag is a big hurdle.
NarwhalisnotKosher

Post by NarwhalisnotKosher »

Try to find a used one or dig deep. The Drunken really is a gem in the line up. The clip is meh but everything else about it is a standout. The milling, the shape of the handle, the blade shape, and the action. Spyderco and the guys/gals in Taichung out did themselves on this one.
desmodue

Post by desmodue »

I want to thank the people that posted in all the knife forums that the Drunken was a complete disaster. That allowed me to pick up a like new sample last year at a bargain.
:bug-red Bow River 8Cr13MoV * Zome Dragonfly VG-10 * Para 3 LW BD1N * Para 3 CPM Rex 45
PM 2 Böhler M390 * PM 2 CPM 20CV * PM 2 CTS 204P * PM 2 CTS Maxamet * Yojimbo CPM M4
Shaman Zapp Z-Wear PM * Spydie Chef Zapp LC200N * Techno 2 CTS XHP * Drunken CPM S90V

Benchmade Griptilian 20CV * Mini Grip S30V * Kershaw Launch 1 CPM 154 * Kershaw Link S35VN
Gerber Applegate Fairbairn Covert ATS 34 * KaBar 1211 AISI 1095 * Cold Steel CS-13QMBIX CPM 3V
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

NarwhalisnotKosher wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:30 pm
Try to find a used one or dig deep. The Drunken really is a gem in the line up. The clip is meh but everything else about it is a standout. The milling, the shape of the handle, the blade shape, and the action. Spyderco and the guys/gals in Taichung out did themselves on this one.
I have no doubt it's a nice piece. I already have a ZT 0470 that's hard to beat. Plus I bought a Paysan from the seconds sale. Then there's the Shiro Neon NL I've been eyeballing. I think I'd rather kick in the extra $100 and get that. Tough decisions for sure lol
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
NarwhalisnotKosher

Post by NarwhalisnotKosher »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:51 pm
NarwhalisnotKosher wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:30 pm
I have no doubt it's a nice piece. I already have a ZT 0470 that's hard to beat. Plus I bought a Paysan from the seconds sale. Then there's the Shiro Neon NL I've been eyeballing. I think I'd rather kick in the extra $100 and get that. Tough decisions for sure lol
That is tough.

I have a Neon and Hation Zero and they're great knives as well.